Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (https://www.blowoutforums.com/index.php)
-   BASEBALL (https://www.blowoutforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   eBay User to Block (https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=395804)

Ryan T. 11-09-2012 01:50 PM

eBay User to Block

Bought this card on a good BIN before the World Series:

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251169743131#ht_500wt_1203]2011 Topps 60 Buster Posey Autograph Card | eBay[/url]

The seller contacted me after about a week to say the card was destroyed in an accident. They issued me a refund.

[QUOTE]Dear *****,

Hi. I am unable to send your card out and have refunded your money. I had a pipe burst in my upstairs bathroom spilling water all over the first floor of my house. Many of my cards were ruined including yours. Sorry about this. Hope to have your business in the future.

- jessica[/QUOTE]

I decided to wait a couple weeks before leaving feedback to see if what I thought was going on actually was. Sure enough, look what pops up:

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251180184062&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123#ht_500wt_1203]2011 Topps 60 Buster Posey Autograph Card | eBay[/url]

Absolutely hate sellers that pull this bull$*@!. All to try and make an extra $15. So greedy.

monkeymcgee 11-09-2012 01:52 PM

Wow--that's incredibly lame

smualum5720 11-09-2012 01:54 PM

what people will do for a couple bucks these days...

gl this year ryan, watched you at frisco, sad to see you go.

messier2 11-09-2012 01:54 PM

I would have actually asked to send the "destroyed" card and say you don't mind receiving a damaged card etc....just to see if he is truthful. If he is, then you will get a soggy card but if not, you know for sure he was lying!

tdbaseballcards 11-09-2012 01:55 PM

I had someone do this to me recently. I bought a lot of 5 cards. They said they shipped them (but it was never shipped through paypal or marked as shipped) didn't know why there was no tracking info...Contacted post office (I don't believe they did) and said that they could not find it (well they can't find something you don't ship). Offered refund. Found the cards listed about a week later individually (to try and get more money). Will never buy from this seller again, which is unfortunate because they sell a lot of cards I want.

nhsportsguy 11-09-2012 01:57 PM

[QUOTE=messier2;3613615]I would have actually asked to send the "destroyed" card and say you don't mind receiving a damaged card etc....just to see if he is truthful. If he is, then you will get a soggy card but if not, you know for sure he was lying![/QUOTE]

Not sure that would work. Remember that liars lie, and lies must be continued so liars don't get caught; she probably woud've just put the card in water and sent it.

messier2 11-09-2012 01:59 PM

[QUOTE=nhsportsguy;3613632]Not sure that would work. Remember that liars lie, and lies must be continued so liars don't get caught; she probably woud've just put the card in water and sent it.[/QUOTE]

Then perfect! That way she won't be able to sell it in the future! :)!

Ryan T. 11-09-2012 01:59 PM

If they had just told me they listed it for too little by mistake I would have been annoyed but probably wouldn't have neg'd them. Why do people have so little problem with lying about major life events to get out of eBay transactions? Seems like karma will bite you after a while.

Tugarpj 11-09-2012 02:08 PM

[QUOTE=Ryan T.;3613637]If they had just told me they listed it for too little by mistake I would have been annoyed but probably wouldn't have neg'd them. Why do people have so little problem with lying about major life events to get out of eBay transactions? Seems like karma will bite you after a while.[/QUOTE]

It's natural. How many undead high schooler's grandmas and grampas are out there that bit the dust half a dozen times?

Ryan T. 11-09-2012 02:47 PM

[QUOTE=Tugarpj;3613689]It's natural. How many undead high schooler's grandmas and grampas are out there that bit the dust half a dozen times?[/QUOTE]

Haha seriously.

speedmasterp 11-09-2012 03:36 PM

Bid it up to a few hundred and then don't pay......I wouldn't do it, but it seems like a good way to go down to his level if you're into that kind of thing.

I haven't had this happen before, but i wish there was some way to report and have eBay do something. Sadly, there's probably nothing we can do.

charnick 11-09-2012 03:39 PM

didja at least e-mail them back and call them on it?

DaBaddestHic 11-09-2012 03:45 PM

You should have asked them why they didn't just send you the one that wasn't destroyed in the water after you saw it listed again :P

I'm sure they were lying, but if you look at the picture, there are actually two cards there, one on top of the other. And they're both Topps 60 cards, so it's possible (although very very unlikely) that they actually had two of them.

I agree with you though, if sellers were just honest when this happened it'd be a lot better. Stop making up excuses and just fess up that you can't sell it for that price.

coyne81486 11-09-2012 03:54 PM

Buy it and ask him if u can have it for the original price....

Ryan T. 11-09-2012 04:14 PM

[QUOTE=charnick;3614196]didja at least e-mail them back and call them on it?[/QUOTE]

You bet.

[QUOTE=DaBaddestHic;3614230]You should have asked them why they didn't just send you the one that wasn't destroyed in the water after you saw it listed again :P

I'm sure they were lying, but if you look at the picture, there are actually two cards there, one on top of the other. And they're both Topps 60 cards, so it's possible (although very very unlikely) that they actually had two of them.

I agree with you though, if sellers were just honest when this happened it'd be a lot better. Stop making up excuses and just fess up that you can't sell it for that price.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=coyne81486;3614275]Buy it and ask him if u can have it for the original price....[/QUOTE]

I'm not doing anything to open myself up to possible negative feedback or reportable behavior from this clown.

Zerokruel 11-09-2012 04:22 PM

[QUOTE=Ryan T.;3614388]You bet.

I'm not doing anything to open myself up to possible negative feedback or reportable behavior from this clown.[/QUOTE]

You as a buyer can not receive negative feedback... If the seller tried to leave a false/positive - you can report it to ebay and it will get removed. The seller will also get a warning from ebay for leaving a false/positive feedback.

They noticed the negative - I'm sure if they care "NOW", they will contact you. Greed gets people in the worse way.

Ryan T. 11-09-2012 04:23 PM

[QUOTE=Zerokruel;3614452]You as a buyer can not receive negative feedback... If the seller tried to leave a false/positive - you can report it to ebay and it will get removed. The seller will also get a warning from ebay for leaving a false/positive feedback.

They noticed the negative - I'm sure if they care "NOW", they will contact you. Greed gets people in the worse way.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was more referring to bidding up the card and not paying as one user suggested, etc. That type of stuff. Just not worth it to take it any further.

bd3d86 11-09-2012 04:30 PM

This kind of stuff ticks me off. I just sent them a message:

"Hallelujah! It's a miracle! I had heard this card and many others were destroyed due a pipe bursting in your house. Thank goodness it dried out enough for you to sell it again! It just goes to show that good things happen to good people....."

Just pitiful. :rolleyes:

Ryan T. 11-09-2012 04:31 PM

[QUOTE=bd3d86;3614495]This kind of stuff ticks me off. I just sent them a message:

"Hallelujah! It's a miracle! I had heard this card and many others were destroyed due a pipe bursting in your house. Thank goodness it dried out enough for you to sell it again! It just goes to show that good things happen to good people....."

Just pitiful. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Haha awesome :)!

poortwinkies 11-09-2012 04:32 PM

[QUOTE=DaBaddestHic;3614230]I'm sure they were lying, but if you look at the picture, there are actually two cards there, one on top of the other. And they're both Topps 60 cards, so it's possible (although very very unlikely) that they actually had two of them.
[/QUOTE]

If they had two of them then they should have sent the one that wasn't "damaged" to the buyer.

calculusdork 11-09-2012 04:36 PM

[QUOTE=poortwinkies;3614506]If they had two of them then they should have sent the one that wasn't "damaged" to the buyer.[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^^^^

DaBaddestHic 11-09-2012 04:46 PM

[QUOTE=poortwinkies;3614506]If they had two of them then they should have sent the one that wasn't "damaged" to the buyer.[/QUOTE]

Well, of course. I wasn't trying to support them, just saying that there's a very slim possibility that the one they meant to sell first got destroyed but they had another one, which they listed later. If that were the case the right thing to do would have been to just send the other one and the buyer would know no difference. (Assuming both cards were the same condition).

poortwinkies 11-09-2012 04:49 PM

[QUOTE=DaBaddestHic;3614606]Well, of course. I wasn't trying to support them, just saying that there's a very slim possibility that the one they meant to sell first got destroyed but they had another one, which they listed later. If that were the case the right thing to do would have been to just send the other one and the buyer would know no difference. (Assuming both cards were the same condition).[/QUOTE]

Didn't think you were supporting them, just an observation. All good.

MikeWilliamsFan 11-09-2012 04:51 PM

Wow that stinks

Tugarpj 11-09-2012 05:17 PM

I emailed and asked for a water damage discount.