Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (https://www.blowoutforums.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.blowoutforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   So sick to my stomach right now (https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=36994)

tnarg 08-21-2009 11:19 AM

So sick to my stomach right now

So, as you may or may not have known, I listed a large chunk of my collection in one big lot on ebay.

Well, it ended this morning.

Brand new, 0 feedback bidder won.

Now I wouldn't possibly imagine that a brand new ebayer would drop 4k+ on his first purchase.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but if the guy doesn't pay....I've gotta wait a week to file the unpaid item dispute, wait a little longer to get my final value fees back.

Now if I try to send the 2nd highest bidder a 2nd chance offer, he'll think it's fishy that a 0 feedbacker won it, potentially thinking I shilled it. (I know I would feel this way 100%)

So, we'll see what happens. Got excited when I saw the final price, but when I sent the invoice and saw he had 0 feedback, my heart sank.

Here's the link to the auction for those who are curious

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260461693895&ssPageName=ADME:L:EOISSA:US:1123]Cutler Peterson Forte Auto SP Authentic Exquisite Lot - eBay (item 260461693895 end time Aug-21-09 08:30:27 PDT)[/url]

keggobelly 08-21-2009 11:28 AM

Good luck with that! Did you throw in the towel too?

brett06 08-21-2009 11:33 AM

Just because he has zero feedback doesn't mean he won't pay. We were all in that same boat sometime. Maybe he has alot more money than you think. There are people who easily make over 100k a year. Maybe its for his kid lol. Lucky kid but you never know.

ps, i think the kid is spoiled

MasterPattie 08-21-2009 12:00 PM

Sorry to hear about that, Grant. If the buyer doesn't pay in a few days, I would file a request for his contact info. If a bidder has won an item from you, you can get their full contact info from eBay (including phone number). If I were you, I'd call him and ask him what's up....

JLR0747 08-21-2009 12:05 PM

This happens so often. I know it's wrong, but as a seller I would love to block all bidders with 0 feedback, regardless of the loss in revenue.

bigsmoot2 08-21-2009 12:09 PM

Well hopefully he just started and has to start somewhere, and that means he pays you!! If he doesn't what a pain in the rear end, non paying bidders tick me off to no end, especially something that high end, GOOD LUCK!!

rudyjustinfarrell 08-21-2009 12:11 PM

How do you intend to mail all your stuff?

Chucky 08-21-2009 12:20 PM

I wouldnt wait for anything. Get his contact info now and give him a call. You dont have anything to lose especially since he just signed up and yours is the only auction that he has bid on.

JLR0747 08-21-2009 12:24 PM

[QUOTE=Chucky;305168]I wouldnt wait for anything. Get his contact info now and give him a call. You dont have anything to lose especially since he just signed up and yours is the only auction that he has bid on.[/QUOTE]

I agree, if you don't feel comfortable, either contact the buyer or resell the cards. Don't let ebay hold you to a time frame, they didn't help you - they let this happen by not allowing sellers leave negatives-or allow you to block zero feedback bidders.

tnarg 08-21-2009 12:26 PM

Thanks for the input, I'll probably shoot the guy an email later today, and if I don't hear from him I'll buzz him tomorrow afternoon.

MasterPattie 08-21-2009 12:27 PM

Ok Grant, keep us posted. Good luck...

FINS4LIFE 08-21-2009 12:31 PM

I had a kid bid on my auctions once. I sent out the invoice. Waitted a week. Sent a second one. Waitted a week. Filed a non-bidder. Then I hear from his Father the next day. Saying how his son had gone on a bidding spree. And that His son could not pay for it.

Thats what I liked about Yahoo auctions. You could block bidders if they have a 0 ratting or lower.

And I don't understand Ebay. You would think they would be behind the seller more when it comes to people bidding then not paying and other things. We as Sellers pay the listing fees. Final value fees. And the Paypal fees. We are the one's that generate the revenue for this company. And the olny time they will stand behind us. Is to add more Vasoline to our rear side. :rolleyes:

tnarg 08-21-2009 03:45 PM

Well, I sent him a message. I'll let you guys know as things progress.
[QUOTE]
Dear newlifeasinmd1,

Hi,
I see you are new to ebay. If you have any questions or problems trying to pay for the auction you won from me this morning, I'd be more than happy to assist you. I will follow up if I haven't received payment in a couple days to check the status. Thanks and have a great day!

- grant22584
[/QUOTE]

BAMBAM 08-21-2009 03:53 PM

Hopefully he pays you but consider it a lesson learned. Even if he pays, next time use BIN BO with immediate payment on BIN and save yourself the headaches. I never list anything high end auction style anymore because of potential problems like this. BIN BO allows you to pretty much screen your potential buyers and not have someone play games with your listing.

tnarg 08-21-2009 05:13 PM

[QUOTE=BAMBAM;305430]Hopefully he pays you but consider it a lesson learned. Even if he pays, next time use BIN BO with immediate payment on BIN and save yourself the headaches. I never list anything high end auction style anymore because of potential problems like this. BIN BO allows you to pretty much screen your potential buyers and not have someone play games with your listing.[/QUOTE]

I thought of that, but also it's like double the fees. I just put it up for kicks and giggles and if it wasn't where I wanted it to be with 12 hrs to go, I was going to end it. It was a little lower than I wanted it to be, but said screw it and let it ride.

Hopefully he comes through. We'll see.

DieHardCowboyFan33 08-21-2009 07:55 PM

I was watching it and was pretty happy for you when I saw the final price,lol

Hopefully he pays but hey, like everyone else has stated we all had to start soome where. Good Luck:)!

ghost 08-21-2009 09:08 PM

If he doesnt pay, Id be happy to pay your ebay fees in return for the cards :P

zorro921 08-22-2009 01:47 PM

Just in case you didn't know, when you create your auctions, there is a box to limit the type of bidders that can bid on your auctions. One of them does not allow 0 feedback buyers to bid. Hope this helps and good luck getting paid.

tnarg 08-24-2009 07:57 PM

[QUOTE=zorro921;306098]Just in case you didn't know, when you create your auctions, there is a box to limit the type of bidders that can bid on your auctions. One of them does not allow 0 feedback buyers to bid. Hope this helps and good luck getting paid.[/QUOTE]

Did not know that. Thanks for the heads-up.

Also, either this guy is loaded....or is just winning high-end stuff with no intent to pay. He's won 11 auctions now. I highly doubt he's going to pay.

[url]http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidItems&userid=newlifeasinmd1&completed=1&all=1&rows=25&sort=3&_rdc=1[/url]

But he did email me back...

[QUOTE]Dear grant22584,

thanks for your email. i will be in touch as well and thanks for the welcome! looking forward to these great cards. take care

- newlifeasinmd1[/QUOTE]

That was on the 22nd. I sent him another invoice yesterday.

nuggetsman28 08-24-2009 08:21 PM

i think he is full of S%IT!!

Zacky1053 08-24-2009 08:23 PM

It's possible that he was suspended and found away around the system to open another account...

petyparamoreAHS 08-24-2009 08:26 PM

[QUOTE=MasterPattie;305147]Sorry to hear about that, Grant. If the buyer doesn't pay in a few days, I would file a request for his contact info. If a bidder has won an item from you, you can get their full contact info from eBay (including phone number). If I were you, I'd call him and ask him what's up....[/QUOTE]

Alot of people who bid and don't pay make up that crap or try to scam you, that's from my experiences atleast...

papajim 08-24-2009 09:06 PM

Sorry to see this, normally means DEAD BEAT:mad: New bidder, 0 FB and bids up a storm 1st day.

If you go to your auction on the left hand side there is a list of options. There is one Resolve a problem, click it. The only option you have now is " I sold an item and want to cancel the transaction".

Never been that far so don't know what it tells you after that point.

Jolietracing 08-24-2009 11:13 PM

Have you considerd a second chance offer to the next highest bidder?

crazybearsfan22 08-24-2009 11:19 PM

WOWOWOWWW I was watching that auction you have (had) some nice cards there haha.