View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 12:45 AM   #13
thor_rider08

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanboyOfNone View Post
The ball has to start rolling somewhere.

Once 10 or 15 states legalize it, the Federal government will be able to act accordingly. Every state that follows Colorado will be taking a step toward the big picture. Toward Federal legislation permitting its use.
Perhaps but the private prison system needs the fodder to continue with its insane profit margins which are paid for via tax dollars.

Lastly never legalize... DECRIMINALIZE.
I don't want big tobacco to have control of the market.
If it does burst open I would have the desire to patent any strain/seed before Monsanto can.
I know some will disagree but I do not feel that a step to make it legal is the correct step and will hurt us in the future.
Decriminalize and let a free p2p system dominate the market as well as INVENT and GROW the market.

For example there are over 100+ different types of corn in the world that you can purchase but how many of your local stores sell more then yellow, sweet, or white corn?
They will streamline it and you will be stuck with several types to choose from and they will regulate/tax the hell out of it.
You will be stuck with garbage and who knows what kind of laws will be put into place about you growing your own.
Then we will be taxed on it over and over and eventually it will be similar to tobacco and dont you dare try to improve it... unless you have deeper pockets then, Monsanto/ConAgra.
PS: I do not use marijuana but feel that anyone should have the right to choose what they do in their own damn home.

Last edited by thor_rider08; 11-07-2012 at 12:57 AM.
thor_rider08 is offline   Reply With Quote