View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
lee7786
Banned

Talking Awesome Topps Chrome Retail Break - My best retail hit ever - Bryce Harper Stlye

I've been buying retail blasters since 2001. I think I was due.

I went to pick up some supplies for a case break of draft I'm doing tomorrow. For some reason I decided to swing by Target on the way home to see what kind of goodies I could find to waste my money on to scratch that itch to open something. I grabbed a Blaster of 2012 Platinum and headed to the register. For some reason I decided to go back and swap it out with Topps Chrome. I usually never buy Topps Chrome, but I decided to switch it up this time. Right after I left some guy walked right over and started feeling up the loose packs. I could tell exactly what he was doing. I watched him the whole time I was in the check out line. He was still going when I left. As soon as I got to my car, I started ripping that blaster open. I wasn't expecting much from it, and was immediately regretting my decision as I always do about 2 packs into the break. In the fourth pack I saw some color so I slow rolled it. BAM!! I couldn't believe what I was looking at. I just always thought people were lying when they said they hit this sort of stuff out of retail. I was going nuts in my car. People must have thought I was some crazy person.

Well I hope that guy behind me is happy with his $.99 jersey card. But sometimes It pays off to do it the right way.

lee7786 is offline   Reply With Quote