Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > FANTASY SPORTS TALK > FANTASY OTHER SPORTS

Notices

FANTASY OTHER SPORTS Post your Racing, Golf, MMA, etc fantasy talk here... daily fantasy and leagues. Any sport that outgrows this section will get its own sub-forum.

Old 06-15-2018, 01:36 AM   #1
RamsFan17

Default Draftkings PGA: US Open

Did anyone play any of Draftking's US Open contests? I used to do a lot of them last season but this is really the first one where I played a decent amount of money this season. It makes golf a lot more interesting to watch in my opinion.

Anyways, none of my golfers did too bad. I chose to fade Rory, Speith, Woods, Mickelson, and Watson, who were quite popular options. The RahmGoat is the only golfer I have worse than a +6, which is not bad for this challenging course. As long as his temper doesn't get in the way, he may be able to bounce back tomorrow.

Hopefully the projected cut is pretty low and a lot of golfers make it in tied in the top 60?
RamsFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:47 PM   #2
RamsFan17

With the cut being +8, I can begin to evaluate my lineups:

Cash lineup:

Rose (+1)
Stenson (+1)
Fleetwood (+1)
Casey (+6)
Cantlay (+6)
Grillo (MC)

I'm still fuming here. Elected for more mid-ranged guys than paying up for both DJ and Rose (like my GPP lineups) and ended up having 5/6 make the cut. Rose, Stenson and Fleetwood, my top 3 price-wise in this lineup are all T-4th right now which is really saving me thus far. There won't be too many birdies so placement is gonna be super critical in cashing. Grillo hurts, because I was on a few guys in 7.1k and down in GPPs and all of them made the cut except Grillo. Hopefully my guys can place and I can profit on this tournament!

I made multiple GPP line ups, but lets take a look at just one:

DJ (-4)
Rahm (MC)
Casey (+6)
Stricker (+8)
CH3 (+3)
Grillo (MC)

Here I have Grillo yet again (almost had him in 80% of my lineups, went waaaay overweight on him) and it's gonna hurt me. MCs and winning money don't really go together that well. Speaking of MCs, Jon Rahm looked terrible. 4 putt the 18th hole on the first day and +7 again today, I was really hoping he could show how good he was but knew his temper would be a problem. Had him in about 40% of my GPPs. CH3 looked nice, had shares of him, An, Stricker, and Steele who were all priced below Grillo and all made the cut. In this lineup I did roster DJ. I had him in 100% of my GPPs until the night before, when I changed his ownership to about 40% which I'm still kicking myself over because I could be cashing every single lineup. Doesn't help that in the GPPs I do have him in, I also have Rahm and Grillo.

Was looking at nice profit at the end of the first day, and dropped considerably but I'm still in the green for now. Anything can happen, but I can only wait and see...

Anyone else play this weekend or have any thoughts?
Old 07-19-2018, 05:29 PM   #3
bat115

I should have put Grillo in my lineups.
bat115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 02:51 AM   #4
RamsFan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat115 View Post
I should have put Grillo in my lineups.
This is for the US open. In the British Open I chose him in about 75% of my GPP lines, +5 not looking good
Old 07-20-2018, 01:44 PM   #5
RamsFan17

I have 6/6 in two lines in the Milly maker, hopefully one can hit.

Currently winning $770 and profiting in every contest with a 6/6 in my cash line too, let's have a good weekend and continue my hot streak!
Old 07-22-2018, 08:36 PM   #6
bat115

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamsFan17 View Post
I have 6/6 in two lines in the Milly maker, hopefully one can hit.

Currently winning $770 and profiting in every contest with a 6/6 in my cash line too, let's have a good weekend and continue my hot streak!
Congratulations!

I'm only doing good with MMA this year. Waiting for NBA and NFL to start.
bat115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:22 AM   #7
RamsFan17

Cashed a little above $1.1k on the PGA championship this past week!