Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 02-02-2011, 04:13 AM   #1
gergs1134

Default PennSt4life 2010 Supreme Case Break

I hate to do this, but I am not a big fan of being jerked around. I am pretty new to case breaks, but have been avoiding the ones from newer members with little feedback to try and save myself some headaches. No such luck.

I see this 2010 Supreme Case Break from PennSt4life and think okay feedback, decent price, why not? Break fills, he starts accepting payments and in the middle of it all of a sudden he can't accept paypal through his current account so he has to open another. People are dropping, getting bumped from the break without notice etc all with little information from the host. He gets a new paypal and people start paying again. Payments are all made and we finally get a random. Release occurs last week and there are continued questions of "where is the case, can you provide tracking?" Again little response from the host until yesterday. He finally admits to the fact that he took our money and bought a case from somewhere else other than BO and he doesn't have tracking and doesn't know where it's at. They (whoever they is) are not selling anymore and he thinks they might not ship it.

Prevailing thoughts are that he purchased the case cheap on ebay or elsewhere and was trying to sell it off to make a profit. He denies this, but will not provide receipts nor the place where he supposedly bought this from. He blatantly lied about ordering the case from BO several times. The mods are now involved, but I think everybody should be made aware of what they are getting into with this guy (he also has a BGS submission with many problems).

I have messaged him and his response is that if the case doesn't come by Friday he will open a claim with paypal to get our money back. He also just doesn't understand all this bad luck in 2011. Sorry, not willing to wait. Paypal claim already filed and I recommend the others in the break do so as well. If the case shows up great, I'll cancel the dispute and break it. If it doesn't I'm already a couple of days towards getting my refund.

Pennst4life, you're probably not a bad guy, but this is a mess. Clean it up without saying the words I'm trying or I'm doing the best I can.

end rant.
gergs1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:34 AM   #2
mickdapug

ya he booted me for no reason and i was mad.....karma is a b@tch..sorry it didnt work out to all participents!
mickdapug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:20 AM   #3
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gergs1134 View Post
I hate to do this, but I am not a big fan of being jerked around. I am pretty new to case breaks, but have been avoiding the ones from newer members with little feedback to try and save myself some headaches. No such luck.

I see this 2010 Supreme Case Break from PennSt4life and think okay feedback, decent price, why not? Break fills, he starts accepting payments and in the middle of it all of a sudden he can't accept paypal through his current account so he has to open another. People are dropping, getting bumped from the break without notice etc all with little information from the host. He gets a new paypal and people start paying again. Payments are all made and we finally get a random. Release occurs last week and there are continued questions of "where is the case, can you provide tracking?" Again little response from the host until yesterday. He finally admits to the fact that he took our money and bought a case from somewhere else other than BO and he doesn't have tracking and doesn't know where it's at. They (whoever they is) are not selling anymore and he thinks they might not ship it.

Prevailing thoughts are that he purchased the case cheap on ebay or elsewhere and was trying to sell it off to make a profit. He denies this, but will not provide receipts nor the place where he supposedly bought this from. He blatantly lied about ordering the case from BO several times. The mods are now involved, but I think everybody should be made aware of what they are getting into with this guy (he also has a BGS submission with many problems).

I have messaged him and his response is that if the case doesn't come by Friday he will open a claim with paypal to get our money back. He also just doesn't understand all this bad luck in 2011. Sorry, not willing to wait. Paypal claim already filed and I recommend the others in the break do so as well. If the case shows up great, I'll cancel the dispute and break it. If it doesn't I'm already a couple of days towards getting my refund.

Pennst4life, you're probably not a bad guy, but this is a mess. Clean it up without saying the words I'm trying or I'm doing the best I can.

end rant.
I would hope he gets banned. He is trying to profit from the break by ordering from someone else, that's two strikes. Either way, I will never get in a break of his.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:58 AM   #4
blake03svtf

Rough breaks the last month or so. I know people think they are doing the right thing sometimes, but you have to be pretty organized to tackle a group break. Exp since the host is using 100% other people hard earned money. Good luck guys!!! I had dropped early due to another break and starting to look like I made a good decision.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:36 AM   #5
Zerokruel

Was Mamma_Bear selling these cases?
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #6
gergs1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
Was Mamma_Bear selling these cases?
He won't answer when asked.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:46 AM   #7
tikitomoka

I can almost guarantee he ordered from mama_bear on the cheap trying to make a little profit for himself, but obviously if he (mama_bear) doesn't deliver the case then the case break doesn't happen because he's trying to be greedy
tikitomoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:26 PM   #8
blake03svtf

mama_bear had them for sale at almost 400 profit
Old 02-02-2011, 04:19 PM   #9
cking

Must be something in the water lately. I did 84 transactions on here with no problem whatsoever. The last 4 deals I have made have been nothing but problems. It sucks too cuz now I trust no one (not that I ever really did) what so ever and am very skeptical about dealing on here at all. I have not posted anything for sale in almost a month. People take forever to ship. You know its bad when you have to videotape yourself opening a package for a low end card.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:59 PM   #10
blake03svtf

I think you Mr. King were my first sale on here. Thanks for giving me a shot
Old 02-02-2011, 08:12 PM   #11
cking

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake03svtf View Post
I think you Mr. King were my first sale on here. Thanks for giving me a shot
You are one of the people who is honest and that I like to talk and deal with. I dont know maybe I am reading into it too much. I should look at the positive side and say that it took alot longer then I thought it would before problems started happening. I know that every transaction is not gonna be perfect and things happen in life, it just all seems to be happening at once lately for me. There are some great members on here, Saintsfan67, Naterbater, black and gold, wilson singles, coltsfan23, divino and alot of others, so I would never lump everyone into the same category. I have a guy coming over on saturday and I am selling alot of stuff, alot of which I will be buying back hopefully for less then I sold it for so I can make a few bucks. But after I sell I am making it a point to no longer deal with people I dont know or have not done positive transactions with in the past. It sucks too cuz I will be losing out on chances to deal with new members who are honest. I am gonna be doing alot of buying on COMC. There is no chance of getting ripped off there.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #12
mmbtvs
unregistered

I'm sorry to hear that things have been working out this way. I love to do group breaks but I am always very cautious about which ones I get into. I will only buy into ones that are being hosted by a member that I have seen host before and have postive results. I know it ends up being that new members, who might be good members, don't get a chance but I work hard for my money and I don't like to throw it away.

I hope your trading on here turns around cking, I've only heard good things about dealing with you and hopefully it's just a fluke thing and you'll be back in the swing of it in no time.
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:27 PM   #13
Macken
Banned

man i been following this and also dropped from the break when is paypal messed up.

I really hope this doesnt affect you guys into joining breaks, i do breaks and expect 0 profit , i actually offered free shipping and supplies on my last case break and around 50 bucks out of my pocket for them.
Macken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:44 PM   #14
gergs1134

Just an added note. I received a PM stating he paid $1200 for the case, but doesn't know how to prove he paid for the cases being he paid via paypal goods. I asked again for the name of the seller and a screenshot of the paypal transaction which he has yet to provide.

If you go into the ebay transactions for him he purchased these cases for $899.99. Not trying to make a profit HUH, another lie. Pennst4life refund the money to us all and deal with YOUR mess.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #15
wju2004

Ouch. This is definitely pretty rough. I hate to see this is going on at all. I've hosted quite a few breaks now and I always ensure that all my cases come from Blowout. I've got a large break coming up and already have down payments on all 3 cases of NT. I'm VERY excited to break the cases. That's my entire purpose of doing these breaks is just for the fun. I usually end up breaking even or losing just a bit when everything is said and done, but otherwise I'd never get to break entire cases of anything. (Though I tend to stick to stuff with little to no base. lol)

I do hope this all gets worked out though. Best of luck to all involved though.

Current Status: 368/378
wju2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:57 PM   #16
CaptainBOHICA
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

isn't the requirement to host the break that the break gets purchased from blowout?

christ, if the host never put a down with BO then they shouldn't have been allowed to collect money in the first place!

unreal.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:16 PM   #17
gergs1134

So now after several more PM he states he has no money to refund. I may be incorrect but slots $43.50 x 32 slots= $1392. He purchased the case for $900. Where is the extra $500.00?
Old 02-02-2011, 11:21 PM   #18
CaptainBOHICA
Banned

threaten to file a police report in his city/county.

everyone else do the same.

watch how fast he comes up with $1400.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:38 PM   #19
danimal

I may be wrong but shouldn't Blowout be on the hook to refund those who are being ripped off? Blowout or an agent of Blowout (mod) has to approve all group breaks and they state that the case is to be bought from blowout, then one would assume that blowout would preform due diligence and actually check that the breaker has purchased a case from them.

I would recommend filing a complaint with the local Better Business Bureau in Sterling, VA if you cannot get a refund from either the thief or blowout.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:40 PM   #20
blake03svtf

I'm sure BO has some clause for not being held resposible for these kind of things. I don't see it as BO's fault anyways
Old 02-02-2011, 11:43 PM   #21
CaptainBOHICA
Banned

Quote:
I'm sure BO has some clause for not being held resposible for these kind of things. I don't see it as BO's fault anyways
how could you not?

they approve the breaker..... they approve the break... their rules state certain rules that weren't abided by, and yet the break thread was still allowed to be continued.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:45 PM   #22
danimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
how could you not?

they approve the breaker..... they approve the break... their rules state certain rules that weren't abided by, and yet the break thread was still allowed to be continued.
Right - when you join a break BO is providing a reasonable expectation that you will get your cards. They approve, they set the rules, but then all the sudden they cannot ensure a case in bought????

Blowout is only providing the group break forum to make money and sell cases so they should be liable for any loses. Just sayin.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:49 PM   #23
CaptainBOHICA
Banned

im still trying to figure out how the break got approved without a down payment being made to ensure that the case was bought from blowout.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:49 PM   #24
blake03svtf

Regaurdless that BO approves the breaks, the host acted on his own judgment to disreguard them. Hell, he probably didn;t even read the rules for hosting a break and thought nothing of buying somewhere else and keeping the rest.

I'm saying is BO wouldn't directly refund to the guys involved, but they do have more pull getting involved to get that money back from the host.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:52 PM   #25
CaptainBOHICA
Banned

Quote:
Regaurdless that BO approves the breaks, the host acted on his own judgment to disreguard them. Hell, he probably didn;t even read the rules for hosting a break and thought nothing of buying somewhere else and keeping the rest.
this is my point in regards to danimals comment... BO approves the breaks, so shouldn't they be held liable to a certain extent?