Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 08-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #26
Win4Vin

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
Go there and press CTRL+0 (zero).

EDIT: Nevermind, might not matter, looks like it's just bad tables.
yup, i'm in Chrome at 1680 x 1050. looks like someone over at Yahoo! needs to read up on responsive design and the overflow property (for the outer div "mediasportsplayercareerstats").

it also bugs me that the Yahoo! logo seems to be changing at random. pick a logo and stick with it!!!!
Old 08-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #27
dasiegel

we need to send this thread to someone ASAP
Old 08-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #28
Win4Vin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
we need to send this thread to someone ASAP
oh, they know... i've posted here a couple times already.

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/207810-us-sports-gs
Old 08-29-2013, 03:39 AM   #29
Screamer

Send a message via Yahoo to Screamer

Yahoo Sports is the #1 visited sports website BY FAR... Why would you change it? What is the purpose of a complete overhaul when you are #1 BY FAR?
Old 08-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #30
anttheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglescubs555 View Post
The fantasy football layout is awful.
Totally agree. It's not only that it looks awful and is rough on the eyes but everything seems to be buggy, I have to refresh often for the FF pages and the normal Yahoo! sports pages. Here's hoping for a quick fix.
anttheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:57 AM   #31
JohnAndrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus View Post
i bet they change it back
As someone who works in the business and as someone who is currently working on a full redesign of a major website, I'll bet that the chances of this happening are basically zero.

Redesigns -- especially those for sites as big as Yahoo! Sports -- are months-long (and in some cases year-long) endeavors that require full dedication from huge numbers of resources. I'll bet that this was at least a million-dollar project. To spend all that time and money on a brand new design, and then to just switch it back because users didn't like it? Many, many heads would roll.

I agree though, the new site is awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Schweddy View Post
Seems too many websites change just for the sake of change.
Nailed it. Major sites are debuting new looks as frequently as every 18 months -- their resources would be better spent on new feature development.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:57 AM   #32
JohnAndrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by anttheman View Post
Totally agree. It's not only that it looks awful and is rough on the eyes but everything seems to be buggy, I have to refresh often for the FF pages and the normal Yahoo! sports pages. Here's hoping for a quick fix.
Just out of curiosity, what browser do you use?
Old 08-29-2013, 09:28 AM   #33
burke23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
As someone who works in the business and as someone who is currently working on a full redesign of a major website, I'll bet that the chances of this happening are basically zero.

Redesigns -- especially those for sites as big as Yahoo! Sports -- are months-long (and in some cases year-long) endeavors that require full dedication from huge numbers of resources. I'll bet that this was at least a million-dollar project. To spend all that time and money on a brand new design, and then to just switch it back because users didn't like it? Many, many heads would roll.I agree though, the new site is awful.
Let's be honest - when you make a change that 90% or better of your users seem to hate (not simply disapprove, but flat out hate), then you deal with the sunken cost and give them back what they want (see - "New Coke" failed experiment).

As for heads rolling - they are no matter what. If they leave as is, someone will get fired since no one likes it. That same person will likely be fired if they have to revert back due to backlash.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:30 AM   #34
Nick2317

Cant stand it at all .......been going to ESPN lately instead
Nick2317 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:52 AM   #35
jayjay0122

There is too much going on with the new setup. I think the grade report card for your draft is pretty stupid since nobody has played a game yet. They go by last years stats, so a person with a A grade for the draft can end up in last for all they know.
jayjay0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #36
JohnAndrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by burke23 View Post
Let's be honest - when you make a change that 90% or better of your users seem to hate (not simply disapprove, but flat out hate), then you deal with the sunken cost and give them back what they want (see - "New Coke" failed experiment).
That's not really how things work in the industry...the prevailing train of thought is, "the user will learn to adapt". I can't recall any instances of a website launching a redesign and actually reverting back to the old version after poor feedback.

Gawker launched a redesign in 2011 and the reception was borderline apocalyptic. They stuck with it, maintained their audience despite a very vocal opposition that vowed it would never return, and actually posted all-time highs for unique visitors the following year.

All that said, the life cycle of major website designs is so short nowadays that we probably won't have this version of Yahoo! Sports for longer than 18-24 months, anyway.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #37
jusdukky

Yahoo sports has been a mess for a few weeks now. The fantasy box to click on to access your team was gone. You had to do a search for Yahoo Fantasy Baseball to get to it. At least in the last week or so the Fantasy box has been back. Much easier to access your fantasy teams with that.

Fantasy fb has totally changed and I have yet to get the click on the blue button to change a player method to work. Had to go to the bottom and click on the standard method to allow me to move a player into my lineup. Could just be me being a maroon but so far I'm not sure about it being better. The main sports page however is definitely not better. Like others have said, ESPN and NFL.com for me.
jusdukky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #38
Nick2317

For rite now my dashboard on yahoo sports is back to the old way...don't know why don't care enjoying it while its there