Tugarpj

The chargebacks are going to be epic.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #227
mgugs46

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugarpj View Post
The chargebacks are going to be epic.
Yeah. I feel bad for boomo, but this was partly what I was afraid of for him - anyone who is, or feels slighted, can just file a chargeback - or return for a refund.

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
Old 11-28-2012, 10:44 AM   #228
Gator993

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
Yeah, I know it sucks royally for you, but I am not sure its boomo's problem that Topps screwed up. That's the problem with Topps - its always a crapshoot as to what they are actually going to do.

My favorite is the snarky answers they give on twitter.
This. But hopefully boomo feels your pain. Your obviously a good customer I'm sure he will want to keep.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:47 AM   #229
NeedChapmans

I'm not upset at Boomo, the way he listed his auctions, or anyone other than Topps.

It's the same situation as if I paid $1,200 for the Almora Base/Ref/Blue Auto spot and Topps decided not to make a Base or Refractor Auto (and I was left with a $1,200 Blue Auto)

Boomo designed these auctions to take the risk out. You buy the Orange - Plate for risk, you buy the Base - Gold because you know what you're getting. I purchased the Bowman's Best lots under the impression that the odds to hit them we're 1:6.

That is not the case, I request a refund. I feel it's fair and if anyone here paid $1,200 for $100 worth of cards, even before they we're opened, you all would feel the same way.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:47 AM   #230
gr33d

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMob View Post
what a royal mess, good luck to everyone though.
No doubt.

As a seller, I would feel somewhat in the right... And at this stage of the game, he's got no time to re-list and auction those slots to recover any loss from refunds.

As a buyer, I would feel shafted... By Topps.

I would think a partial refund might keep both parties from completely losing their shorts, but it's not my money. Much easier said then done.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #231
Ooosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
No 1:6 in Auction...

Hopefully for you Boomo sees it that way. I kinda agree with ooosh on this.
The checklist I saw was/is as follows:

"2012 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects
Bowmans Best Inserts
Base Odds 1:6 Packs"

From 2012 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects Baseball Checklist

I can see how boomo would say no way jose, so sue that site ^^
Old 11-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #232
pac213up

Quote:
I am not following your point at all. Nowhere in the auction does it say you will receive any base versions at all - it just says you get them all, including variations to /99/25/1 ... not sure what you are referencing.
"THATS RIGHT YOU GET EVERY SINGLE BOWMANS BEST OF PLAYER IN TITLE""

"EVERY SINGLE BOWMANS BEST DIE CUT CARD, INCLUDING ALL VARIATIONS."

They way I read this description is the lot contains more than just variations. I think Paypal will side with the buyers on these personally. I also believe experienced bidders should have understand the risk of a pre-buy in relation to content changing.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #233
Tugarpj

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr33d View Post
No doubt.

As a seller, I would feel somewhat in the right... And at this stage of the game, he's got no time to re-list and auction those slots to recover any loss from refunds.

As a buyer, I would feel shafted... By Topps.

I would think a partial refund might keep both parties from completely losing their shorts, but it's not my money. Much easier said then done.
Nope. Complete refund. If he doesn't it will leave a bad taste with the buyer and that will ignite like wildfire. Better to go the good guy route and take the hit. He's made enough off the auctions. He can afford it. Good will pays much larger dividends in the end game. Especially when the buyer is a member of a forum.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #234
mgugs46

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
"THATS RIGHT YOU GET EVERY SINGLE BOWMANS BEST OF PLAYER IN TITLE""

"EVERY SINGLE BOWMANS BEST DIE CUT CARD, INCLUDING ALL VARIATIONS."

They way I read this description is the lot contains more than just variations. I think Paypal will side with the buyers on these personally. I also believe experienced bidders should have understand the risk of a pre-buy in relation to content changing.
Ultimately it doesnt matter, because even if you select 'no refunds', ebay still gives buyers 14 days to return anything they buy anyhow.

I just don't see it the way you see it though, but like I said, ultimately, whether via charge back, or return, he [and anyone else] will get their $$$ back.

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
Old 11-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #235
NeedChapmans

I bought a pre-sale set that was completely eliminated.

When you pre-sell something on eBay that you don't have, and then you don't get it, you refund the buyer. Simple as that IMHO.

I'm not trying to play word games with the auction, this is not me buying a "redeemed" redemption card. Boomo and every buyer on those auctions believed they would receive 48 base cards in 50 cases per player and that's not the case.

Truth be told it's not my issue with Topps. Hell it's not even Boomo's issue with Topps. It's whomever Topps shipped the cases to's issue.

Right now, my issue is with Boomo, and Boomo only. He did nothing wrong, but he is responsible for my and everyone elses auctions won, if the product he is pre-selling changes.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #236
pac213up

Quote:
Ultimately it doesnt matter, because even if you select 'no refunds', ebay still gives buyers 14 days to return anything they buy anyhow.

I just don't see it the way you see it though, but like I said, ultimately, whether via charge back, or return, he [and anyone else] will get their $$$ back.
I do not necessarily agree with it I am just looking at it from the buyer having a chargeback excuse - lame or not. You are right though a reasonable excuse is not even needed with Paypal and the 14 day policy.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #237
Tugarpj

I think the title of this thread should end in a question mark.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #238
csmtampa

Man what a cluster f*ck. From the codes not being inserted at the advertised ratios, to the Bowman's Best inserts that aren't in the packs. LOL WTF
Old 11-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #239
festus

boomo should have known better. how often does topps release something that contradicts their sell sheets? if you want to do breaks of this nature wait until after release. his small profit just went out the window...
Old 11-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #240
NeedChapmans

Well, I suppose this is one for Boomo and I to work out (as well as Boomo and the other winners of the Bowmans Best slots).

If you paid $170.00 for the Zunino Bowman's Best slot and you didn't get anything, thinking you'd have 48 cards ... you wouldn't say "Ohhhhh that's risk"

Gimme a break.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #241
Andrew Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugarpj View Post
I think the title of this thread should end in a question mark.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #242
Bruvydsb

Hopefully karma is on Boomo's side and he pulls some nice low #'d Bowman Best cards of the top prospects and is able to sell them off as singles to recoup the $ he will probably have to refund.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #243
calculusdork

Guys ... this all goes back to the fact that "auctions of chance" are not permitted on eBay, yet for some reason these auctions were allowed to stand. PayPal/eBay probably aren't going to have a freaking clue how to handle this. Thus, they will side with the buyer.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #244
NeedChapmans

Guys, I'm not filing a chargeback, or a refund through eBay or Paypal or all that. (The other Best buyers might).

I'm not looking to cause problems for Boomo down the road, I think the auctions were great.

But when the product changes, and people have already bought in, it must be dealt with. The risk was not on my side here, it was on Boomo's. I leave it in his hands to decide how to deal with this and if his decision is screw you, then so be it.

But considering the small take on these 50 auctions compared to his haul as a whole, I feel the right thing to do is simply issue a refund to the 50 buyers, and sell the cards individually. He'll still come out well ahead and the problem is solved.

We'll see.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #245
csmtampa

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Guys ... this all goes back to the fact that "auctions of chance" are not permitted on eBay, yet for some reason these auctions were allowed to stand. PayPal/eBay probably aren't going to have a freaking clue how to handle this. Thus, they will side with the buyer.
I was surprised that they allowed the auctions to finish. But then again they supposedly don't allow group breaks anymore but I see it all the time when I'm searching for cards.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #246
jlzinck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
Well, I suppose this is one for Boomo and I to work out (as well as Boomo and the other winners of the Bowmans Best slots).

If you paid $170.00 for the Zunino Bowman's Best slot and you didn't get anything, thinking you'd have 48 cards ... you wouldn't say "Ohhhhh that's risk"

Gimme a break.

But what if the title said Bowman'd Best Die Cuts?
I only dabble and I know the Die Cuts are much shorter printed then the regular cards (if any in this case)
Old 11-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #247
NeedChapmans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
But what if the title said Bowman'd Best Die Cuts?
I only dabble and I know the Die Cuts are much shorter printed then the regular cards (if any in this case)
Everyone that created that auction, bid on that auction and watched that auction thought Topps would produce a base set of cards and each winner would get between 45-55 total cards.

It does not matter to me what lingo was used in the auction ... I'm not trying to be right here on a "technicality". This is more on a business ethics level.

Something was sold that now we know does not exist. If Boomo wants to play the "auction clearly says" game, he can. But IMHO ... he shouldn't, and I hope he doesn't.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #248
calculusdork

Quote:
It does not matter to me what lingo was used in the auction ... I'm not trying to be right here on a "technicality". This is more on a business ethics level.
Which is the way I would approach it, buyer or seller. We'll see what happens.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #249
NeedChapmans

Sorry for the venting everyone.

Not my best 24 hours. Wife went out driving in the snow last night after I begged her not to, got into an accident (she's fine, but she banged up the new car enough where it pulls to the right. Damn that woman) and now with this ...

I am NOT opening any of my cases today, for fear Topps put rocks inside them instead of cards.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #250
jubjub47

Quote:
Guys, I'm not filing a chargeback, or a refund through eBay or Paypal or all that. (The other Best buyers might).

I'm not looking to cause problems for Boomo down the road, I think the auctions were great.

But when the product changes, and people have already bought in, it must be dealt with. The risk was not on my side here, it was on Boomo's. I leave it in his hands to decide how to deal with this and if his decision is screw you, then so be it.

But considering the small take on these 50 auctions compared to his haul as a whole, I feel the right thing to do is simply issue a refund to the 50 buyers, and sell the cards individually. He'll still come out well ahead and the problem is solved.

We'll see.
Even if the product changed to eliminate base, you're still gonna get exactly what the auction states. The base bowmans best weren't die-cut and nowhere in the auction does it state receiving base, just die-cuts.
Closed Thread