Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 06-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
murrke03
Banned

Default Poor baby rondo and jerk Garnett couldn't shake hands?

Lebron got bashed for weeks a couple years ago for this.

Sure hope people call these fools out as they left even before game was over.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #2
Sidthekidc87
Banned

difference between them and allen/pierce...pierce and allen have respect. kg and rondo on cry babies that I've always thought were extreme douches
Sidthekidc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #3
sljock53
Banned

KG is a peice of poop
sljock53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #4
dustin9900

Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900

sadly this is the one thing that stood out to me too......I think Doc needs to take his talents to south beach next season.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #5
GoClips!

I have to say, I've got a lot of respect for Allen and Pierce for not only staying on the court, but going up and congratulating every player of the Heat. Shows Rondo and Garnett's true colors a little more...
Old 06-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #6
Knicker_Please

yep, the two of them are crybabies too...not shaking hands after a game is just ridiculous, get over yourself and show some respect for the game and the team you just played.
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #7
lambeauleap87

Mixed emotions on that...they should've stayed and showed good sportsmanship. However, with emotions and adrenaline running that high, I don't really blame them. Low move, but understandable.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #8
Sidthekidc87
Banned

you would think a guy of kg's skill level, especially with his reputation of being an all time great....ALONG with the fact he's been in the league so long, he would've at least stayed.
Sidthekidc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #9
joceltics34

LOL at him saying Heat have the classiest fans in the NBA... Reference to OP.
Bucket:http://s1053.photobucket.com/albums/s461/joceltics34/
joceltics34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #10
brandonlec

Miami Heat fans are by far classy.
That was proven when Zo recognized the Celtics and the whole entire crowd boo'd.

-Brandon
brandonlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:29 PM   #11
MavsRChamps

If KG / Rondo don't like the Heat (I think Wade / Lebron mostly), then their grown men and don't have to shake their hands if they don't want to ...

I don't get mad at players for not doing what "they are supposed to do" if they don't have respect for their opponent. If they truly don't respect Lebron / Wade , then why should they "fake it" and shake their hands ???
MavsRChamps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:29 PM   #12
joceltics34

I respect the Heat but TBH most of their fans are what make me hate them. There are some good ones out there, don't get me wrong. But the ones that are not classy REALLY stand out of the crowd.
Bucket:http://s1053.photobucket.com/albums/s461/joceltics34/
joceltics34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #13
Quigley24

Quote:
Originally Posted by joceltics34 View Post
I respect the Heat but TBH most of their fans are what make me hate them. There are some good ones out there, don't get me wrong. But the ones that are not classy REALLY stand out of the crowd.
Agreed. The way most act on these forums and how they act/dress at Miami games fairly often make them seem like megadouches. Again not all, but most (hence 99% of the bandwagoners).
Quigley24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #14
Knicker_Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsRChamps View Post
If KG / Rondo don't like the Heat (I think Wade / Lebron mostly), then their grown men and don't have to shake their hands if they don't want to ...

I don't get mad at players for not doing what "they are supposed to do" if they don't have respect for their opponent. If they truly don't respect Lebron / Wade , then why should they "fake it" and shake their hands ???
because its about manning up, respecting the game and the history of the game, and not being a sore loser. whether they 'respect' them or not, they should have the integrity to be the bigger men and realize that they are all in this together as NBA peers and they should put their differences to the side for a moment of respect no matter how they actually feel. just look at hockey, real men effing each other up game after game and NO MATTER WHAT they get in a line and give each other the respect they deserve as fellow professional athletes. they can do what they want, but that entitles us to think that they are not being men, rather being babies.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #15
Knicker_Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley24 View Post
Agreed. The way most act on these forums and how they act/dress at Miami games fairly often make them seem like megadouches.
here here! lol. the thing that puts it over the edge for me is without fail seeing stupid douches at the garden with their lebron jerseys and their yankees hats...so...irritating...i dont like the yankees *mets fan unfortunately...* but come on thats just pathetic...
Old 06-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #16
n1nesports

They couldn't shake hands because they went to the locker room to cry.
n1nesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:39 PM   #17
Quigley24

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Lebron got bashed for weeks a couple years ago for this.

Sure hope people call these fools out as they left even before game was over.
What do you have against Boston so bad? You say their fans start everything, but I have yet to see you say anything other than your 2004-05 UD case break and negative comments about the Celtics (like this thread YOU started). I'm not a Celtics fan either but you have to respect their history and the things they did this year.
Quigley24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #18
ivecenanuff
Banned

even after the heat fans gave the big 3 an ovation when they exited the game, they have the audacity not to shake the heats hands
ivecenanuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #19
Knicker_Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley24 View Post
What do you have against Boston so bad? You say their fans start everything, but I have yet to see you say anything other than your 2004-05 UD case break and negative comments about the Celtics (like this thread YOU started). I'm not a Celtics fan either but you have to respect their history and the things they did this year.
i mean home boy is king of the trolls, what do you expect lol...
definitely could have worded this thread differently but again, what do you expect? i mean dudes should have shook hands, but we all know muurkey was trying to get a rise out of those poor celtics fans lol...which constitutes trolling per the wikipedia definition...
Old 06-09-2012, 10:48 PM   #20
MikeMamba

What is new?

KG and Rondo has always been big babies

Ed Davis PC --> http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p525/MikeMamba/Ed%20Davis%20PC/
MikeMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:49 PM   #21
Knicker_Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMamba View Post
What is new?

KG and Rondo has always been big babies
precisely...i mean just an attempt by king murrke to get a rise...
Old 06-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #22
MavsRChamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
because its about manning up, respecting the game and the history of the game, and not being a sore loser. whether they 'respect' them or not, they should have the integrity to be the bigger men and realize that they are all in this together as NBA peers and they should put their differences to the side for a moment of respect no matter how they actually feel. just look at hockey, real men effing each other up game after game and NO MATTER WHAT they get in a line and give each other the respect they deserve as fellow professional athletes. they can do what they want, but that entitles us to think that they are not being men, rather being babies.
I see what you're saying , but in hockey the players line up as a team ... In basketball , players can do whatever they want when the buzzer sounds and it's not as "organized" as hockey or maybe college basketball

What Mike Breen was saying was true - Teams shaking hands is great because it shows players have respect for each other ... But if they don't have respect for each other, I don't see the need for Rondo / KG to shake hands

I don't think it's disrespectful to the game at all because there's no tradition of the opposition shaking hands (again not organized)
MavsRChamps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:51 PM   #23
alexcampos

Meh, I don't really blame them.

It was such an emotional series.....
Old 06-09-2012, 10:53 PM   #24
IndySportsCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
yep, the two of them are crybabies too...not shaking hands after a game is just ridiculous, get over yourself and show some respect for the game and the team you just played.
Maybe that's just it, they don't have any respect for the team they just played.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #25
Knicker_Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsRChamps View Post
I see what you're saying , but in hockey the players line up as a team ... In basketball , players can do whatever they want when the buzzer sounds and it's not as "organized" as hockey or maybe college basketball

What Mike Breen was saying was true - Teams shaking hands is great because it shows players have respect for each other ... But if they don't have respect for each other, I don't see the need for Rondo / KG to shake hands

I don't think it's disrespectful to the game at all because there's no tradition of the opposition shaking hands (again not organized)
i mean its not organized this is true, but it is expected from them as peers...its all about even if you DONT respect them, putting your pride aside for a couple of seconds to be respectful to the whole team and the nba as a whole...i mean i dont really care, but i would like it for my team to shake their hands no matter what. i think it is the right thing to do, whether you actually have respect or not. what do you gain by it? 'oh did you see me not shake their hands?! yeah thats because i dont respect them and they didnt deserve it.' cooool KG and rondo...coool..man up and shake your PEERS hands! you guys go at it, but the series is OVER. so get OVER yourself and shake the guys hands that just took you out. again, just my opinion...