Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 01-04-2009, 12:17 PM   #1
solt0131

Default Pitt humiliates rival Georgetown and goes to #2

Since nobody else has brought this up, I will....the hometown Pitt Panters are gaining a lot of national recognition with the stomping of a supposed to be good Georgetown team. This is a team that ran rough shot over the #2 Uconn Huskies. Pitt made them look like a JV team in the 2nd half and should be noted the Panters are here to stay in the top 5.

They have emerged as one of the few out there that can play with UNC and possibly beat them. Pitt has one of the most talented starting fives in the country with Blair, Super Sam, Biggs, J. Dixon and Fields. Super Sam deserves to be up there for Player of the Year honors.

LET'S GO PITT!
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:19 PM   #2
deboesports

Send a message via Yahoo to deboesports

with football going on this weekend i forgot to post about pitt yesterday! thanks i go to as many games as i can....GF sister works the pitt games and dukes games. so i hit her up alot, lol go pitt!
Old 01-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #3
wolffer12
banned

lets not get too crazy pitt fans.. Remember they almost lost to pitful Rutgers earlier this week. Also, it doesn't matter because everybody is playing for 2nd place this year because I don't think anybody is beating UNC this year.. Thats right you heard it here first a perfect season the first since 1976!!
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:56 PM   #4
deboesports

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
lets not get too crazy pitt fans.. Remember they almost lost to pitful Rutgers earlier this week. Also, it doesn't matter because everybody is playing for 2nd place this year because I don't think anybody is beating UNC this year.. Thats right you heard it here first a perfect season the first since 1976!!
HAHAHAHA U KIDDING ME? Wake Forest WILL CRUSH UNC...AND I HATE WF!

U HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

TRUE PITT FAN
Old 01-04-2009, 12:59 PM   #5
wolffer12
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deboesports View Post
HAHAHAHA U KIDDING ME? Wake Forest WILL CRUSH UNC...AND I HATE WF!

U HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

TRUE PITT FAN

With statements like that we already knew you were a homer.. You didn't need to add that last line its a waste of space.. If you really think that put your money where your mouth is.. I would be more than willing to take that bet 24/7 365...
Old 01-04-2009, 01:03 PM   #6
pskell02

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

I subscibe to the theory that you are not as good or as bad as it seems. Don't discount that Rutgers team. That was a solid team that played their best game against Pitt. I wouldn't look past them no matter what team playes them. Add to the fact that Pitt couldn't hit a shot to save their lives in that game, which made the score much closer than it should have been. They did beat up on G-Town in the second half of the game, but essentially played them to a draw in the first half. The team that came out in the second is the team that I expect to see in big games. For whatever reason, they seem to play down to the competition, which scares me come tourney time. Should be a great season though and I'm looking forward to the Uconn game.
pskell02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:03 PM   #7
deboesports

you think UNC can beat WAKE FOREST with WF @ home?
Old 01-04-2009, 01:20 PM   #8
wolffer12
banned

Did you see how bad UNC beat Michigan State in Michigan??? Yes I do think they will win that game.. This is the best college basketball team I have seen since the 91 UNLV team and they should have went perfect.. The only way to beat UNC is slow the game down and that is not what Wake does...
Old 01-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #9
SkinsFan

WF is not beating UNC...sorry to say...WF barely beat BYU last night...I mean BYU is a solid team but definately no UNC....Hansbrough is the sh!t and no one can stay infront of Lawson...Ellington probably has the best jumper in college...and their role players would be stars on any other team....just do the math...PITT is good but not as good as UNC...but in the tourney of course anyone has a shot...it only takes one off night to lose...
SkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #10
solt0131

If you had an NBA team and your pick came down to picking Hansbrough or DeJuan Blair, who ya got?
Old 01-04-2009, 04:42 PM   #11
wolffer12
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
If you had an NBA team and your pick came down to picking Hansbrough or DeJuan Blair, who ya got?
Neither because both of them are too small to be impact players at the next level. I would probably lean Hansbrough if you forced me to pick because he has a lot better range than Blair.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:45 PM   #12
wolffer12
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsFan View Post
WF is not beating UNC...sorry to say...WF barely beat BYU last night...I mean BYU is a solid team but definately no UNC....Hansbrough is the sh!t and no one can stay infront of Lawson...Ellington probably has the best jumper in college...and their role players would be stars on any other team....just do the math...PITT is good but not as good as UNC...but in the tourney of course anyone has a shot...it only takes one off night to lose...
Thank you.. atleast somebody gets it here. These kids don't understand this is probably the greatest college basketball team of their generation. This could end up being the last team you ever see do this because of all the players leaving early now. They were a final four team last year and they returned their top 6 players. They just aren't beating good teams they are killing good teams. Michigan State isn't a push over and Izzo is a great coach but they got spanked and it wasn't even close. The problem is they might have a couple guys with an off night but I can't see all 6 having an off night at the same time.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:09 PM   #13
thebear29

It's way too early to be saying anyone is going to go undefeated. With league play just starting, anyone can beat any team on any given night. Any team is just an injury away from losing a game, or a prayer mid-court three pointer....UNC will have the best shot at winning the tournament when March rolls around because by the time The Big East gets done beating the crap out of each other they will be limping in to the dance. The ACC is not as physical as the Big East or nearly as deep.
thebear29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:50 PM   #14
kobemagee29

23 point favorite and down by 6 at half.

Last edited by kobemagee29; 01-04-2009 at 07:00 PM.
kobemagee29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:56 PM   #15
ebacardi2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear29 View Post
It's way too early to be saying anyone is going to go undefeated. With league play just starting, anyone can beat any team on any given night. Any team is just an injury away from losing a game, or a prayer mid-court three pointer....UNC will have the best shot at winning the tournament when March rolls around because by the time The Big East gets done beating the crap out of each other they will be limping in to the dance. The ACC is not as physical as the Big East or nearly as deep.
\\\

BC IS GOING TO KNOCK OFF NC TODAY..JUST TURN ON THE TV FOR NC 1ST LOSS

DUKE FAN FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!
ebacardi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:15 PM   #16
kobemagee29

Quote:
Maybe next year
Old 01-04-2009, 07:47 PM   #17
wolffer12
banned

yep there goes that.. UNC played like #@#@#@#@ but that is how you beat them. I didn't think any team could do it. Doesn't help with them pissing down their legs at the foul line too.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:50 PM   #18
solt0131

Correction - #1 Pitt Panthers.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:54 PM   #19
kobemagee29

All it takes is a bad night for anybody team to lose. No matter how good they are! Look at the Celtics, lost 2 games since Christmas and working on the third right now!
Old 01-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #20
SkinsFan

Knew UNC would lose a game but you can bank them in on atleast a final four appearance if not a national title. I'm guessing no one will go undefeated in college basketball for a very long time. It's just too hard. All I know is UNC would rather lose a conference game then a tourney game. Most teams are better off getting a loss early then being undefeated in the tourney and losing. It gets them focused to not lose again. Hansbrough is probably fired up now. Good thing for Duke fans that they aren't up next.
SkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:49 PM   #21
ebacardi2

Unc 2nd Loss Comes Next Weekend To Wake Forest As Very Fast And Great Defensive Team This Yr. Unc Slips To #6 After Loss To Wake Next Weekend. Good Luck Unc Fans

Duke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ebacardi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:25 PM   #22
solt0131

Believe me, it doesn't hurt to lose 2, 3, or 4 games in a season. To me, I think it's better than going undefeated....gives you a chance to see what you're doing wrong.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:38 PM   #23
deboesports

Quote:
EAT YOUR WORDS, LOLOLOLOLOL
Old 01-04-2009, 11:51 PM   #24
deboesports

P.I.T.T. PITT PITT PITT PITT!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:38 AM   #25
thebear29

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!! I'm not going to make any bold predictions....But I will say Beat Pitt!!!
thebear29 is offline   Reply With Quote