Blowout Cards Forums
Basketball

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 01-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #1
howethegreat

Default ebay case help

so I purchased an ungraded jordan rookie which in the listing says its 100% authentic but has no return policy. I email the seller saying if the card is deemed to be a fake/reprint by bgs would you refund me the purchase price. He said yes. Well got the card back yesterday and it was questionable authenticity so I opened up an ebay case. What are the chances ill win with the evidence showing that it was graded and came back as fake and him agreeing to refund the purchase price?
howethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
paul06901
Banned

The rule of thumb is NEVER buy a Jordan rookie card ungraded! EVER!

Did you email the guy prior to opening the case? You said that his reply was that he would refund, yet you are stating you opened the case and haven't contacted him?

You would win the case, but it's never worth the headache ... buy graded.
paul06901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #3
jlzinck

Quote:
Originally Posted by howethegreat View Post
so I purchased an ungraded jordan rookie which in the listing says its 100% authentic but has no return policy. I email the seller saying if the card is deemed to be a fake/reprint by bgs would you refund me the purchase price. He said yes. Well got the card back yesterday and it was questionable authenticity so I opened up an ebay case. What are the chances ill win with the evidence showing that it was graded and came back as fake and him agreeing to refund the purchase price?
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
The rule of thumb is NEVER buy a Jordan rookie card ungraded! EVER!Did you email the guy prior to opening the case? You said that his reply was that he would refund, yet you are stating you opened the case and haven't contacted him?

You would win the case, but it's never worth the headache ... buy graded.
Read and live the bolded statement above.

That being said it does not matter if he accepts returns or not if it is within the 45 days to file a claim.

File a SNAD Claim, send it back using paypal approved methods and you will get your money back
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #4
howethegreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Read and live the bolded statement above.

That being said it does not matter if he accepts returns or not if it is within the 45 days to file a claim.

File a SNAD Claim, send it back using paypal approved methods and you will get your money back
well tomorrow ill be able to escalate the claim to ebay for them to make a final decision, hopefully side with me.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:50 PM   #5
AlabamaSlamma

keep all paperwork from BGS as proof they deemed it to be a fake and explain to paypal/ebay you can provide this documentation if necessary.

otherwise, a big +1 to what paul said.

https://610sportscards.smugmug.com/The-Collection
IG: @610sportscards
AlabamaSlamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #6
howethegreat

got the two slips that becketts showed it was graded and still have the emails saying about a refund. The kicker is I was inquiring about this card in an auction, he ended it then listed as a bin, so im assuming that the return/refund thing should still apply.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #7
howethegreat

well got an email from ebay asking if the seller has replied and because he has not, i was able to escalate it today. Only time will tell
Old 01-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #8
pingbling23

seller not replying, imagine that.....
pingbling23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:20 AM   #9
kpark

Ive had this issue worh another card. Ebay refused to side with me, the buyer, even with all the proof from bgs deemjng the card to be in fact altered. The auction picture showed to alterations of which i did not pick up right away. Evay sided with seller because the car was hande off to a third party (bgs) and by policy could not side with me. That was a sick experience o learn.