Blowout Cards Forums
Trade In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2017, 04:30 PM   #1
CheeseHead11
Member
 
CheeseHead11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 391
Default PSA question from a first time submitter

Hello,

Quick question here. I have an order in to PSA. First time submitting. It is currently showing 'no orders found' but I enter the tracking info and it shows that it was delivered to PSA on 7/7.

Typically, how long does it take to get into the grader's hands once at PSA? I know it's only been 4 days. Just wanting to see what the norm is. Also, I did mark the package for their 10 day service. i've read that not labeling can lengthen the process.


Thanks!
CheeseHead11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:04 PM   #2
attkiss
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Westport, CT
Posts: 279
Default

My first submission wasn't updated after 6 days. I called PSA and asked (I did not mark my package) and it was updated within 24 hours. The 10-day submission only took 3 days after that.
attkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:56 PM   #3
CheeseHead11
Member
 
CheeseHead11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 391
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by attkiss View Post
My first submission wasn't updated after 6 days. I called PSA and asked (I did not mark my package) and it was updated within 24 hours. The 10-day submission only took 3 days after that.
Good deal. I just shot them an email. I'd say it's probably nothing but I've had literally no experience submitting w/ PSA. Thanks for the input.
CheeseHead11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:01 PM   #4
CheeseHead11
Member
 
CheeseHead11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 391
Default

To add to this, once your card shows to have been received, does PSA then inform you when it's been graded? I see a section that shows when it's shipped but I'm wondering if there's a way to check the grade before it gets back?

Sorry if these questions have been answered in previous threads! any help is appreciated.
CheeseHead11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:42 PM   #5
drstrader5
Member
 
drstrader5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseHead11 View Post
To add to this, once your card shows to have been received, does PSA then inform you when it's been graded? I see a section that shows when it's shipped but I'm wondering if there's a way to check the grade before it gets back?



Sorry if these questions have been answered in previous threads! any help is appreciated.


You will get an email when they ship. You can check the grades in your account once you get that email. You can also spam the refresh button like most of us do hourly each day to see if they are done.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drstrader5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:50 PM   #6
CheeseHead11
Member
 
CheeseHead11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 391
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drstrader5 View Post
You will get an email when they ship. You can check the grades in your account once you get that email. You can also spam the refresh button like most of us do hourly each day to see if they are done.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha, so I'm not the only one. Thanks for the info.
CheeseHead11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:31 AM   #7
mjohnatgt
Member
 
mjohnatgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Niceville, FL
Posts: 2,769
Default

You can find out your grades before they ship if you use a credit card you rarely use and track it for any purchases to email you. Because once they charge your credit card, you can check the site for your grades. I do this because some of my cards are oddballs and I want to make sure they're identified correctly, or I have to mail them back as mechanical error reholders. So instead, I check my grades/labels and then tell them to put a hold on shipping if something is wrong.
mjohnatgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:52 PM   #8
Spartacus
Member
 
Spartacus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Tx
Posts: 255
Default

I am having an issue just submitting... so all cards have to go through the online submission? I can't find like 10 cards I want to submit? Is there just a form I can print out? Sorry dumb question but I have always been BGS and my LCS stopped subbing
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:14 PM   #9
drstrader5
Member
 
drstrader5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
I am having an issue just submitting... so all cards have to go through the online submission? I can't find like 10 cards I want to submit? Is there just a form I can print out? Sorry dumb question but I have always been BGS and my LCS stopped subbing
What's with the 10 cards? You can do an online submission for 1 if you want.
drstrader5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:51 PM   #10
Spartacus
Member
 
Spartacus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Tx
Posts: 255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drstrader5 View Post
What's with the 10 cards? You can do an online submission for 1 if you want.
Correct, however I have a rainbow of a player from tops finest and I only see a red refractor auto to choose from.... what about blue wave, orange wave and ect... I guess that is why I want to just fill in a form manually. Seems like the online submission is missing a bunch of cards to easily do it
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:58 PM   #11
drstrader5
Member
 
drstrader5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
Correct, however I have a rainbow of a player from tops finest and I only see a red refractor auto to choose from.... what about blue wave, orange wave and ect... I guess that is why I want to just fill in a form manually. Seems like the online submission is missing a bunch of cards to easily do it


You can change the text, I usually get the basics and change as needed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drstrader5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:00 PM   #12
drstrader5
Member
 
drstrader5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
Correct, however I have a rainbow of a player from tops finest and I only see a red refractor auto to choose from.... what about blue wave, orange wave and ect... I guess that is why I want to just fill in a form manually. Seems like the online submission is missing a bunch of cards to easily do it


I'm not seeing a printable form.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drstrader5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:08 PM   #13
TheHeel
Member
 
TheHeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: www.wherescorbin.com
Posts: 9,691
Default

Generally speaking, a week.
__________________
48,230
Stand up against racists, bigots, and those who support them.
Pending Deals:
TheHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:08 PM   #14
Spartacus
Member
 
Spartacus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Tx
Posts: 255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drstrader5 View Post
You can change the text, I usually get the basics and change as needed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oh man ... didn't even think of that ... your a genius and I am an idiot lol
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:13 PM   #15
Mister2Bits
Member
 
Mister2Bits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 1,008
Default

I'm having the same problem. I sent a 100+ card order which was received on the 6th and my open orders still show nothing. I'm going to wait a few days since the tracking says delivered on the PSA website
__________________
Collecting: Noah Syndergaard
Always buying high-end Gator Memorabilia and Autos
https://mistertwobits.imgur.com
Mister2Bits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:16 PM   #16
mjohnatgt
Member
 
mjohnatgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Niceville, FL
Posts: 2,769
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
I am having an issue just submitting... so all cards have to go through the online submission? I can't find like 10 cards I want to submit? Is there just a form I can print out? Sorry dumb question but I have always been BGS and my LCS stopped subbing
https://www.psacard.com/content/pdf/...ssion-2017.PDF
mjohnatgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:03 PM   #17
CheeseHead11
Member
 
CheeseHead11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 391
Default

Last question (i think)

So my card has been graded, the cert. number shows in my orders, but when I click it, it says it was not found in the database.

This was just posted today. Does it typically take a bit before it's posted into the database?

The card has also not been shipped yet. Thanks as always.
CheeseHead11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:32 PM   #18
callou2131
Member
 
callou2131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Centreville, Md
Posts: 3,634
Default

I've never submitted either but am thinking of sending a few in. Would it be better to join the collectors club? Do I need to send all 15 at once or can I space them out?
__________________
FAKE YOUR MOUTH! I LIFT BRO!
callou2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:44 PM   #19
Mister2Bits
Member
 
Mister2Bits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 1,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by callou2131 View Post
I've never submitted either but am thinking of sending a few in. Would it be better to join the collectors club? Do I need to send all 15 at once or can I space them out?
You don't have to be a member to submit to PSA.

However, if you are planning on sending in multiple bulk (50-100+ card orders) then the collectors club is worth it in the long run. You also get access to the monthly specials too which can be pretty great and a few free grading at 10 day service.
__________________
Collecting: Noah Syndergaard
Always buying high-end Gator Memorabilia and Autos
https://mistertwobits.imgur.com
Mister2Bits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:50 PM   #20
Mister2Bits
Member
 
Mister2Bits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 1,008
Default

Also just an update - My order was finally received by PSA today and put in the system.
__________________
Collecting: Noah Syndergaard
Always buying high-end Gator Memorabilia and Autos
https://mistertwobits.imgur.com
Mister2Bits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:50 PM   #21
callou2131
Member
 
callou2131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Centreville, Md
Posts: 3,634
Default

I think it is 15 free 10 day when you join for $199. I could send in 15 vintage just to get them encased I think.
__________________
FAKE YOUR MOUTH! I LIFT BRO!
callou2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:13 PM   #22
bubblesquirtle
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseHead11 View Post
Last question (i think)



So my card has been graded, the cert. number shows in my orders, but when I click it, it says it was not found in the database.



This was just posted today. Does it typically take a bit before it's posted into the database?



The card has also not been shipped yet. Thanks as always.


Yea, normally it takes a few days to be in the system. By the time you get the cards they should be in.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/bubblesquirtle/library/Trade?sort=3&postlogin=true&page=1
bubblesquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.