Blowout Cards Forums
Mike Trout

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowout Buzz

Notices

Blowout Buzz All the Buzz.

Old 07-11-2017, 04:09 PM   #1
BlowoutBuzz

Default Panini America addresses Dak Prescott autopen issue — and gives QB an extension

A big deal has turned into a new deal.

Panini America officials have met with Dallas Cowboys QB Dak Prescott to discuss his autopenned cards in 2016 Panini Prizm and the parties walked away with a solution to replace the mechanically reproduced autographs as well as a new long-term autograph deal.

Keep reading for the full statement from Panini.

“Panini America executives and quarterback Dak Prescott met on Thursday to investigate in detail a limited quantity of Prescott-autographed trading cards that were issued as redemptions for Panini America’s 2016 NFL Prizm trading card product.

“Last week, after being contacted by an autograph authenticator and following an internal quality control process, Panini America officials determined that a small quantity of Prescott autographs received for 2016 Prizm Football may not be authentic.

“As an immediate precaution, Panini America began recalling all Prizm Football Dak Prescott autograph cards, stopping deliveries to 110 customers. Not all shipments were able to be recalled, however, and 167 cards were ultimately delivered to customers.

“It was also discovered that some of Prescott’s Prizm cards are still unaccounted for. Panini has committed to remanufacturing all the Dak Prescott Prizm Football cards, which Dak will sign to replace all the autograph cards within the Prizm collection. All the remanufactured cards for the Prizm collection autographed by Prescott will feature a special Dak Prescott hologram to differentiate the new cards.

“Panini is in the process of contacting the remaining customers affected and recalling the 2016 Prizm Football Prescott redemption cards to replace them. The company urges anyone offered a Dak Prescott autographed card not featuring the special hologram to contact Panini America immediately.

“On Thursday, Prescott and Panini America agreed to a long-term extension on his exclusive autographed trading card agreement to commit to delivering quality and authentic products to collectors. Prescott has autographed thousands of Panini America trading cards during his rookie season, has participated in multiple authenticated signing sessions and received additional card shipments throughout the year and returned them to Panini America to be incorporated into products. Prescott and his representatives have worked closely with Panini during this process since becoming aware of the discrepancies and have no knowledge of how those cards were returned to Panini.”

Follow Buzz on Twitter @BlowoutBuzz or send email to BlowoutBuzz@blowoutcards.com.

>> Click here to buy football cards on BlowoutCards.com.
BlowoutBuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:27 PM   #2
Cactuspies

initial thoughts....HUH?....secondary thoughts...WHAT?

didn't address issue, signs extension, forgive and forget basically? Place blame on someone random as others previously thought might happen.
Patriots 5 time Champs
Squanching from coast to coast
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 12:37 AM   #3
amdrewrj

i was one of the "110" who got a chain letter....here's my question:

the card, initially, faked, was certified to be authentic by panini. beyond having it serial #, videotaped, beckett authenticated, and sent with a correspondingly serial #d flashdrive, why would i buy the replacement more from a company who already guranteed a lie the first time? furthermore, what are we as collectors entitled to beyond a guranteed redemption replacement?

Last edited by amdrewrj; 07-13-2017 at 12:48 AM.
amdrewrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 12:48 AM   #4
Cavaliercards

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdrewrj View Post
i was one of the "110" who got a chain letter....here's my question:

the card, initially, faked, was certified to be authentic by panini. beyond having it serial #, viseotaped, beckett authenticated, an sent with a correspondingly # flashdrive, why would i buy the replacement more from a company who already guranteed a lie the first time? furthermore, what are we as collectors entitled to beyond a guranteed redemption replacement?
The card is certified on the back before it is even signed because the card is signed in front of a witness or a affidavit is signed by the player.

I would take the replacement as Dak is being watched like a hawk now and you will know it is real.

Follow us on Twitter AND Instagram: @Cavaliercards
Cavaliercards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:36 PM   #5
Magickyak

The statement they've made regarding the Dak autos to me comes off as Panini not at all realizing the damage this is doing to their reputation. Nowhere do I see any taking responsibility or an apology to collectors. Their statement address the issue as if it were a manufacturing error with miscut cards or something. This isn't enough, and they need to do more to show that they understand the importance of this. I no longer trust them.

Not to mention they still haven't addressed the Florida Georgia Line autos.
Magickyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:38 PM   #6
Cavaliercards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magickyak View Post
The statement they've made regarding the Dak autos to me comes off as Panini not at all realizing the damage this is doing to their reputation. Nowhere do I see any taking responsibility or an apology to collectors. Their statement address the issue as if it were a manufacturing error with miscut cards or something. This isn't enough, and they need to do more to show that they understand the importance of this. I no longer trust them.

NFL Licensing fingerprints all over that statement.

Follow us on Twitter AND Instagram: @Cavaliercards
Cavaliercards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 11:34 AM   #7
quickdraw

Default Some sanity here at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magickyak View Post

Thanks.... accountability and responsibility are the real sins in this scenario. The cards magically disappeared and then were autopen signed and again magically returned to Panini from magic land for distribution to us "gullible" collectors.
And I am glad there are others who see this as a missed opportunity for Panini to actually get in front of the story...
quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 10:34 AM   #8
Wrightfan85

Dak basically extorted them for money lol. That's hilarious.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:35 PM   #9
maxpower

Won't the few autopen'd cards out there be worth a ton of money now? Be part of the scandal! Closest thing to the needles used on brady's footballs.
maxpower is offline   Reply With Quote