Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > NON-SPORT BOX & CASE BREAKS

Notices

NON-SPORT BOX & CASE BREAKS Post your NON-SPORT Box & Case Breaks Here!

Old 06-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
notoriousrmb

Default 204 Packs Iron Man 2 and (3) Box Marvel Beginnings 2 Break

Decided to try my luck at the Iron Man packs many here had been opening.

Turns out I have no luck.

Bunch of base sets and finished 2 of the 3 insert sets (still need some of the die-cuts). Otherwise nothing - so to save you the boredom of looking at nothing I decided not to scan it.

Marvel Beginnings 2 treated me much better. I opened 3 boxes, got one full base set with dups of about half the cards. Got one full set of the Covers inserts and am missing about 15 of the Avengers die-cuts and even more of the shiny-awesome cards. Not sure what they actual name is so I went with what I called them as they came out of the packs.

Now for the hits!

First I pulled two autographed covers (David Hine and Billy Tan) in the first two boxes:

Love how these have the Certificates of Authenticity with them as well, nice addition.

First box also included a hologram card of Warpath - neat card but there are WAY too many of these in the set to make them so scarce. Wish they would fall 2 per box, and that would still take quite a few boxes to put the set together.

Second box had an additional hit as well - Yellow Printing Plate of Ghost Rider

So far so good but the best cards were in the third box. Seems the sketches are hit and miss in this release, but I thought this Warpath by Daniel Vest was nicely done.

No print runs given yet for the artists that I could find...

Finally my favorite pull from the same box was this panel cut from Fantastic Four #18 and numbered 11/82. I love how it has all 4 members of the FF4 fighting the villian, doesn't get much better than that for a single panel!

Overall a pretty good release, wish I would have pulled another sketch or so but I can't complain
notoriousrmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #2
rip+flip
Banned

out of 200 packs you didn't get one costume card or one sketch from iron man ?
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:21 AM   #3
Cujobyte

So, question: Are these like regular retail packs, or hobby ones? damn, 200 packs and no sketch/reliccards?
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #4
notoriousrmb

That's correct, no hits. Some cards had some pretty dinged corners too, packs were probably searched. Not by the seller but in the store.

Don't think there are hobby packs in this series, at least not that I've found. These were retail, seems some members were having good luck with these lots so I thought I'd try a few. Sometimes you win, sometimes you get a good kick in the junk.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:16 PM   #5
rip+flip
Banned

if you ordered straight from the big major site that was selling them you shouldn't of had a problem because they aren't known to search their packs
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #6
vwnut13

The retail Iron Man 2 broke down like this: Relics 1:24, Sketch 1:48
vwnut13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #7
notoriousrmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip+flip View Post
if you ordered straight from the big major site that was selling tchem you shouldn't of had a problem because they aren't known to search their packs
Never said the site I ordered from searched the packs. If you read what I wrote, I said they were probably searched before the site received them. These 24 pack lots are retail packs returned from stores. Thats one reason they were so cheap. However others on this site busted these lots and pulled costumes and sketches so I thought id give it a shot.