Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 11-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
runeatfish

Default Nick Foles transaction on Bay

I sold a Nick Foles item for $80 on ebay 11/11, when Vick went down and it was clear Foles was named the starter. The buyer paid right away and I shipped the item quickly. He received it the 13 or the 14th. No response from the buyer until shortly after the Eagles/Skins game. He sends me this email:

Hi, I am shipping the card back to you on Monday 11/19.

Please issue a full refund once received.

Thanks.

Its clear his intentions. I'm sure if Foles went off for 4 TDs he would not try to return the card. Wanted to get some opinions on best plan of action. I'm sure he will open a dispute. I've been kind to him and asked why he would like a refund. The card was in good condition, I shipped it fast and it was well packaged.

Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by runeatfish; 11-19-2012 at 09:40 AM. Reason: error
runeatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
Texans81

I think you're up a creek without a paddle thanks to ebay's BS policies. not a thing you can do about it. can't even leave him a neg. just bend over and take it up the shooter because ebay has their sellers over a barrel.

I refuse to sell on ebay anymore. I'll take my stuff down and sell it to my LCS knowing full well I could get more for it on ebay just because I don't wanna deal with their crap and refuse to support their ridiculous abuse of sellers.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
Idol

Its buyers remorse and he cannot return it to get his money back. eBay WILL back you up on this:

eBay Buyer Protection

Good Luck
Old 11-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #4
bigmikeatl88

Not much you can do. Give him the refund and roll on.
bigmikeatl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #5
Ray27Ray52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idol View Post
Its buyers remorse and he cannot return it to get his money back. eBay WILL back you up on this:

eBay Buyer Protection

Good Luck
This is all well and good until he throws the card on the ground, stomps on it, then files a "not as described" return though.
Ray27Ray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:50 AM   #6
Chaz
Banned

I would just refund him before he damages the card
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:50 AM   #7
BAMBAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runeatfish View Post
I sold a Nick Foles item for $80 on ebay 11/11, when Vick went down and it was clear Foles was named the starter. The buyer paid right away and I shipped the item quickly. He received it the 13 or the 14th. No response from the buyer until shortly after the Eagles/Skins game. He sends me this email:

Hi, I am shipping the card back to you on Monday 11/19.

Please issue a full refund once received.

Thanks.

Its clear his intentions. I'm sure if Foles went off for 4 TDs he would not try to return the card. Wanted to get some opinions on best plan of action. I'm sure he will open a dispute. I've been kind to him and asked why he would like a refund. The card was in good condition, I shipped it fast and it was well packaged.

Let me know what you guys think.
Based on your post, I think it's BS and I'd be in no rush to refund his money if his only reason for returning was Foles' performance yesterday. I'd make him open up a claim and drag it out as long as possible.

What's his name ?

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #8
Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
This is all well and good until he throws the card on the ground, stomps on it, then files a "not as described" return though.
Items must be returned in same condition it was shipped. If not a full refund is not required. But, in this case its pretty obvious he has buyers remorse and eBay will back him on this. This happened to me and I won my case.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #9
popmaz

Well, unfortunately the way ebay is set up, you do not have much of a choice but to accept the return. I recently sold a Doug Martin chrome auto, when retail released. I accepted an offer , gut paid promptly, hhe got the card quick. Fast forward to chrome hobby releasing, the Martins began to show up all over. Last week he messaged me that the card is not as described, and that he could not justify the price he paid on a card with this centering. I called his B.S. pointing out that the scan clearly shows the centering and I told him it was obviously buyers remorse. Still, knowing how ebay works, I told him to send it back for a full refund. Got it back Saturday, issued the refund, blocked the buyer and added a 25% restocking fee on all returns.
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:55 AM   #10
Ray27Ray52

Quote:
Items must be returned in same condition it was shipped. If not a full refund is not required. But, in this case its pretty obvious he has buyers remorse and eBay will back him on this. This happened to me and I won my case.
I got ya and I totally hear what you are saying. I agree as well that in principle that is how it should work.

However, who is to say the guy won't bend a corner or something and then say it didn't show up in the scan?
Ray27Ray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #11
BAMBAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popmaz View Post
added a 25% restocking fee on all returns.

How's that working out for you ?

Old 11-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #12
popmaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
How's that working out for you ?
I just started it so we will see.
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #13
hugh

wow, people overreact so much. If Foles turns out to be a star, he'll be pissed
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:11 AM   #14
auctionjmm

Quote:

eBay Buyer Protection

Good Luck
Not true. The link you pulled up is in regards to the Buyer Protection Policy which is completely separate from the newly developed return policy stipulation for Top Rated Sellers. eBay now requires a "no questions asked" return policy to earn TRS discounts. Buyer has every right to return with "no questions asked" by the seller.

That being said, I completely disagree with it. Exact same thing happened to me yesterday. The buyer of my 1984 Topps Chrome Nick Foles Auto #'d 01/15 is returning his too. His explanation is a "surface scratch" which you can find on just about any chrome card so it's his way of holding a potential case above my head if I don't comply.

I am about to PM you OP to see if it was the same buyer.
auctionjmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #15
hugh

please reveal the buyer so we can block...thanks
Old 11-19-2012, 10:17 AM   #16
BAMBAM

Waiting on the buyers ID from runeatfish. I like to just block potential headaches early.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #17
hugh

how do you add a restocking fee? Do you need to have an ebay store?
Old 11-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #18
runeatfish

mg3084 is the buyer
Old 11-19-2012, 10:37 AM   #19
runeatfish

Anyone ever had a case where ebay refunded the buyer but did not take it out of your paypal account? This happened to me once before. I bought a Roberto Clemente "auto signed team photo" for $130 a couple years ago. I asked how he came across the item. He said his dad got it in person in the late 60s and had got it at the game. I asked if the item came back not authenticate if I could return the item. He agreed. I got the item and it was signed, but with an auto pen. It was also creased. Paypal went with the seller and I was out the item. After pleading my case, they ended up giving me a refund. The seller got to keep the money, and I got to keep the item (its pretty much worthless though). Anyone ever have that happen? Slim to none that it will happen in this case but wanted to see who else this has happened to.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #20
hreed2

Quote:
Anyone ever had a case where ebay refunded the buyer but did not take it out of your paypal account? This happened to me once before. I bought a Roberto Clemente "auto signed team photo" for $130 a couple years ago. I asked how he came across the item. He said his dad got it in person in the late 60s and had got it at the game. I asked if the item came back not authenticate if I could return the item. He agreed. I got the item and it was signed, but with an auto pen. It was also creased. Paypal went with the seller and I was out the item. After pleading my case, they ended up giving me a refund. The seller got to keep the money, and I got to keep the item (its pretty much worthless though). Anyone ever have that happen? Slim to none that it will happen in this case but wanted to see who else this has happened to.
I've had something similar happen to me before. I bought a DVD on Ebay and never received it. The seller supplied tracking info and it said delivered but I never received anything. I sent probably about 6 messages to the seller over a 2 week period and was completely ignored. I opened up a case with Ebay and they ended up refunded me my money themselves instead of the buyer. Weird but I wasn't going to complain!
hreed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #21
Qwasian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans81 View Post
I think you're up a creek without a paddle thanks to ebay's BS policies. not a thing you can do about it. can't even leave him a neg. just bend over and take it up the shooter because ebay has their sellers over a barrel.

I refuse to sell on ebay anymore. I'll take my stuff down and sell it to my LCS knowing full well I could get more for it on ebay just because I don't wanna deal with their crap and refuse to support their ridiculous abuse of sellers.
makes perfect sense, just lose your money in advance without trying huh? lol
Old 11-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #22
Qwasian

the buyer can return it for no reason at all if you have a return policy.... i've had a few do it to me as well.. you just have to eat it.....
Old 11-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #23
Qwasian

Quote:
yeah it happens pretty often on ebay actually, they do it when they don't have a clear cut way to fix the situation. or if they feel like a mistake has been made.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #24
Fool5583

Wow...........situations like that make me what to stop collecting and buying/selling on eBay. That's just sad.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #25
Jackg1980

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Thanks for letting us know. he will be blocked.