Blowout Cards Forums
blowout specials

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2017, 03:55 PM   #1
myusasets
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: texas
Posts: 1,037
Default beware dealing with uwmgrad

i bought a .25 card plus .85 postage from scott breden on sportlots as uwmgrad1 supposed to red but he sent blue. when i asked for a refund, even though he knew the mix up was his, he insisted on the card back first and a tracker added. cheapest way certified $3.84, so i told him i'd do it but expected my return postage added to my refund. when he got the card he refunded $1.10 and stiffed me for the return of his card. i contacted him and gave him every chance to do the right thing. so beware this guy if he will take advantage on a small thing; what would he do for real money.
myusasets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:12 PM   #2
gottagitdemjs
Member
 
gottagitdemjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,300
Default

I understand that getting stiffed sucks but why go to all of this trouble for $.25 card?
__________________
Things I need to happen in order to die happy:
KU wins a NCAA Championship....CHECK
The Royals win a World Series.....CHECK
The Chiefs win a Super Bowl.......*sigh
gottagitdemjs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:24 PM   #3
glen87
Member
 
glen87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VERMONT
Posts: 33,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myusasets View Post
i bought a .25 card plus .85 postage from scott breden on sportlots as uwmgrad1 supposed to red but he sent blue. when i asked for a refund, even though he knew the mix up was his, he insisted on the card back first and a tracker added. cheapest way certified $3.84, so i told him i'd do it but expected my return postage added to my refund. when he got the card he refunded $1.10 and stiffed me for the return of his card. i contacted him and gave him every chance to do the right thing. so beware this guy if he will take advantage on a small thing; what would he do for real money.
what exactly did he do wrong?

this is directly from sportlots help section

Order Not as Described

.... The other option the buyer can choose is to return the item(s) back to the seller. This provides the buyer with a full refund including their initial shipping costs; however, the buyer must pay for shipping the cards back to the seller. If the buyer selects this option and provides delivery confirmation, the Sportlots credit is provided within 24 hours. If delivery confirmation is not provided, the issue is closed and the buyer must rely on the seller to provide a refund when the cards are received. It is strongly recommended to provide delivery confirmation, Sportlots will not provide any support if delivery confirmation is not used to return the cards back to the seller.


agreed though, all this over a $0.25 card???

leave negative FB and move on
__________________
https://www.flickr.com/photos/glen87/albums
collecting James Madison University players of all sports
glen87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:38 PM   #4
Vinny407
Member
 
Vinny407's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Orlando Fl
Posts: 498
Default

Just yesterday I bought cat litter at Walgreens. When I got home, I looked at the receipt and realized I was over charged by$2 (it was supposed to be on sale). I could've packed it up, drove back and got it for the correct price but in the end $2 is nothing more than $2. Not trying to make fun or anything like that, but sometimes you have to choose your battles.
__________________
Always looking for Any and all Orlando Magic!!
Vinny407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:42 PM   #5
theRLO
Member
 
theRLO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs View Post
I understand that getting stiffed sucks but why go to all of this trouble for $.25 card?
Must be about the principle....

I guarantee the time and effort put forth towards this is valued higher than the value of the card and all shipping costs combined.
__________________
Collecting: Green Bay Packers, New York Yankees, Detroit Tigers, Colorado Avalanche
theRLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:09 PM   #6
frisbeesteve
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 199
Default

This is undoubtedly about principle! OP is not whining about a few dollars and cents, just serving warning about a seller that 1) makes a mistake, and instead of writing off that mistake the right way and issuing a miniscule refund, not only asks for the return, but asks for tracking as well, and 2) then plays dumb when receiving the incorrect card back as to the shipping costs for how he requested the return. Yes, perhaps OP should have ascertained in writing that seller would refund the return shipping costs, but it's still pretty clear to me what happened here.

OP wasn't asking for advice on how to get his money back, just warning the community. If you don't want to heed the warning, then so be it.
frisbeesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:33 PM   #7
theRLO
Member
 
theRLO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisbeesteve View Post
This is undoubtedly about principle! OP is not whining about a few dollars and cents, just serving warning about a seller that 1) makes a mistake, and instead of writing off that mistake the right way and issuing a miniscule refund, not only asks for the return, but asks for tracking as well, and 2) then plays dumb when receiving the incorrect card back as to the shipping costs for how he requested the return. Yes, perhaps OP should have ascertained in writing that seller would refund the return shipping costs, but it's still pretty clear to me what happened here.

OP wasn't asking for advice on how to get his money back, just warning the community. If you don't want to heed the warning, then so be it.
To be fair here, the cheapest way to send a card back isn't certified. He could have spent less and sent it as a first class package.

Would the seller be responsible for shipping if the buyer paid for overnight?

While I do agree that the seller could have just eaten it and refunded the dollar, but maybe it's about principle for the seller too. The policy on this marketplace is that the buyer pays for shipping back.
__________________
Collecting: Green Bay Packers, New York Yankees, Detroit Tigers, Colorado Avalanche
theRLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:39 PM   #8
frisbeesteve
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theRLO View Post
To be fair here, the cheapest way to send a card back isn't certified. He could have spent less and sent it as a first class package.



Would the seller be responsible for shipping if the buyer paid for overnight?



While I do agree that the seller could have just eaten it and refunded the dollar, but maybe it's about principle for the seller too. The policy on this marketplace is that the buyer pays for shipping back.


What's the principle for the seller???


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
frisbeesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:39 PM   #9
theRLO
Member
 
theRLO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisbeesteve View Post
What's the principle for the seller???


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Following the rules of the marketplace.
__________________
Collecting: Green Bay Packers, New York Yankees, Detroit Tigers, Colorado Avalanche
theRLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:40 PM   #10
frisbeesteve
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theRLO View Post
Following the rules of the marketplace.


NOT buying that...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
frisbeesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:51 PM   #11
theRLO
Member
 
theRLO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisbeesteve View Post
NOT buying that...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The reason the seller wanted tracking and didn't pay for return shipping is because those are the rules of that particular marketplace.

Like I said, the seller could have just eaten the $1.10 but he didn't have to.

If the buyer doesn't like the rules of the marketplace then he can find the item elsewhere.

I've never bought from SportsLots but if the payment is paid via PayPal, it is possible that he could get reimbursement that way: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns
__________________
Collecting: Green Bay Packers, New York Yankees, Detroit Tigers, Colorado Avalanche
theRLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:18 PM   #12
AbraCalabro
Member
 
AbraCalabro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 7,286
Default

On principle the seller should be returning the whole cost, it was his error. The marketplace on Sportlots says that the buyer needs to pay return shipping, but on principle, the seller should do a return which includes the return shipping that the buyer had to pay due to seller's error or risk getting a negative...that's the way it goes. I would definitely leave a negative for him on there, it's well deserved and I will avoid the name when using Sportlots. PAY for some one else's error? I don't think so. Seller decided he'd rather eat a negative than to eat the small cost of his error.
__________________
!!!_-_-_FREE TRISTAN_-_-_!!!

My account is having problems and logins are being dropped by the site. Will show logged in even when logged out, not ignoring any one.
AbraCalabro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:51 PM   #13
Branesergen
Member
 
Branesergen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montgomery Texas
Posts: 4,907
Default

When you screw up, you should pay ...
__________________
I will never buy a used car. I knew this one guy who bought a used car once and 10 years later...BAM!...Herpes.
Did you eat the whole bowl of stupid this morning??
For Trade: www.bstcollectibles.com
Branesergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:51 PM   #14
myusasets
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: texas
Posts: 1,037
Default

guys its not about a few bucks. its about what kind of person you are. some of you need to remember we are brothers that share a hobby.
myusasets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.