Blowout Cards Forums
2017 season promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > FANTASY SPORTS TALK > FANTASY HOCKEY

Notices

FANTASY HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY fantasy talk here... daily fantasy and leagues.

Old 09-19-2017, 01:22 PM   #51
SethMurphy

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

I guess what I was referring to is this scenario.... Hollywood drops a 7th round pick, I then pick him up in Free Agency. I wouldn't lose my 7th round pick to keep that player, I'd lose whatever the FA pick value is.

If you drafted a player, drop him and re-add him, you are still the owner of that 7th Round player at the end of the season, then it goes back to the draft position.

I wasn't thinking of someone cheating the system with their own players, but if I add a FA someone else dropped during the season, I would think that would not have to be the round the other person picked them in.

Traded players do cost the penalty though based on the round drafted originally.
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:18 PM   #52
amdrewrj

if we're putting this much focus on the long game, how is waiver order determined? does it reset each week, or is it a snake draft where you're first up until you give up that right?
amdrewrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:06 PM   #53
cardinalfan13

Waiver priority by total points ?
cardinalfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:18 AM   #54
Hollywood42

Everything I've done, waivers starts in reverse order of the snake draft, you move to last when you make a claim, never resets during the year
Hollywood42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:02 AM   #55
JMarchand1981

pretty excited about this!

Volume precedes price
JMarchand1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:49 AM   #56
amdrewrj

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
I guess what I was referring to is this scenario.... Hollywood drops a 7th round pick, I then pick him up in Free Agency. I wouldn't lose my 7th round pick to keep that player, I'd lose whatever the FA pick value is.

If you drafted a player, drop him and re-add him, you are still the owner of that 7th Round player at the end of the season, then it goes back to the draft position.

I wasn't thinking of someone cheating the system with their own players, but if I add a FA someone else dropped during the season, I would think that would not have to be the round the other person picked them in.

Traded players do cost the penalty though based on the round drafted originally.

If I'm reading this right, if I trade a 6th rd player for a 4th rd player, and keep that player, it costs me a 4th rd pick and not a 6th rd pick, correct?
amdrewrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:32 AM   #57
SethMurphy

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdrewrj View Post
If I'm reading this right, if I trade a 6th rd player for a 4th rd player, and keep that player, it costs me a 4th rd pick and not a 6th rd pick, correct?
The penalty on a traded player is based on the round the original owner drafted them in, so you are correct.

Do we want to set a minimum on keepers as far as rounds like people mentioned above? No keepers over a 5th round pick, 4th round pick??
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:49 PM   #58
Hollywood42

I'm pretty strongly against this. You should be able to keep whoever you want within the positional limits already discussed (except for 1st rounders if a keeper will cost 1 draft pick round higher)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
Do we want to set a minimum on keepers as far as rounds like people mentioned above? No keepers over a 5th round pick, 4th round pick??
Hollywood42 is online now   Reply With Quote