Blowout Cards Forums
pokemon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 11-06-2012, 12:15 AM   #1
nateadams2

Default The Heat have one, so why not?..........KNICKS THREAD

JUST POKING FUN......DID NOT MEAN ANY OFFENSE BY THE TITLE........

I am not creating this thread to make fun of the thread about the heat. For the most part people have kept clean of trolling in that thread, I only ask that you do the same in this one. I know that may be hard with all of the Knicks bashing that everyone loves to do on these boards, but let's keep this for Knicks fans and discussions about the team, not "flame wars" or 15 page arguments. Keep it classy

That being said.........

What do you other Knicks fans think of the team so far. I know that it is still very early and way too early to be making guarantees. Somewhere throughout the season there will be stretches where injuries flare up and they limit minutes to rest some of the older players, but this 3-0 start against two of the upper level Eastern teams is impressive. I love the fact that they are sharing the ball and earning the wins on the defensive end.

They aren't always going to hit a dozen plus 3's every game, but if they can continue to limit teams to under 90 points then they will put themselves into great position to win games.
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:27 AM   #2
pingbling23

if youre not wanting to have trolling, probably poor choice of title. ive only watched the knicks play against the heat (team i pull for). i think they looked good. obviously they are not going to shoot the 3 ball every game like they did against the heat. novak is always automatic, melo is melo, and they played solid d against the heat. the knicks need to be a powerhouse in the east imo. i still wished jordan would have returned to play for the knicks, i have a autobiography of his i did as a book report in high school and if memory served me correctly, near the last page is a picture of him in the center of the knicks logo at madison square garden and it talks about him possibly wanting to play for the knicks, he always had strong games in the garden, imagine if he played for the knicks.....
pingbling23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:44 AM   #3
nateadams2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
if youre not wanting to have trolling, probably poor choice of title. ive only watched the knicks play against the heat (team i pull for). i think they looked good. obviously they are not going to shoot the 3 ball every game like they did against the heat. novak is always automatic, melo is melo, and they played solid d against the heat. the knicks need to be a powerhouse in the east imo. i still wished jordan would have returned to play for the knicks, i have a autobiography of his i did as a book report in high school and if memory served me correctly, near the last page is a picture of him in the center of the knicks logo at madison square garden and it talks about him possibly wanting to play for the knicks, he always had strong games in the garden, imagine if he played for the knicks.....
hey...with the trend they have had maybe the would still sign him....haha. poking a little fun is fine. going on rants bashing is different. they obviously aren't going to shoot the 3 like that every game (besides novak, he's ridiculous). but the defense will give them a chance to win most games. I know that it's only 3 games in with 79 left. alot can happen, but if they can play consistent D like this then I definitely think that a top 3 seed in the East is obtainable.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:30 AM   #4
IamRalpho

Isnt every thread a Knicks or Heat thread these days? :/

I hate certain team threads, stuff happens with other teams that you wanna talk about, a lot of people wanna troll, but if something happens with the Knicks or Heat we are frowned upon unless we are true fans if we enter the threads.

Reminds me of the playground cliques in elementary school
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:32 AM   #5
pingbling23

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post

I hate certain team threads, stuff happens with other teams that you wanna talk about, a lot of people wanna troll, but if something happens with the Knicks or Heat we are frowned upon unless we are true fans if we enter the threads.

lol, screw it, if i want to discuss something, ill type. i dont really care what other people think. were here to discuss things.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #6
murrke03
Banned

Quote:

Poor Boston fans.

As for the Knicks. They clearly have the pieces to be a decent team. The problem will be if they can keep it together and stay injury free.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #7
pepsiporch
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Poor Boston fans.

As for the Knicks. They clearly have the pieces to be a decent team. The problem will be if they can keep it together and stay injury free.
Yeah they are on pace to win 2 playoff games this year
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #8
Knicker_Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
Yeah they are on pace to win 2 playoff games this year
This thread is for Knicks fans...
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #9
pepsiporch
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
This thread is for Knicks fans...
I said it would be huge improvement over the last 12 years . 2 wins in the first round of the playoffs
Old 11-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #10
nateadams2

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Poor Boston fans.

^^^ that is the key right there. Staying injury free. All these players are vets and they know what it takes to win. They are playing with a purpose on the defensive end (especially melo, take a second to think about how weird that sounds. haha) and are moving the ball on the offensive side of the ball as well. The problem is how to maintain their health throughout the course of a 82 game season. Of course you need to provide them with enough rest, but injuries are still going to happen to every team. Hopefully they just aren't season (or career in some of their cases) ending.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #11
cardsdownunder

Quote:
sure seems that way. i can understand the hype for the heat as they are the champs but the knicks hype is beyond reason.
cardsdownunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #12
nateadams2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsdownunder View Post
sure seems that way. i can understand the hype for the heat as they are the champs but the knicks hype is beyond reason.
Please go to the heat thread then. As we have stayed respectful of that thread please do the same for ours. This is the best start they have had in years. We are allowed to pull for our team. If u want to bash them please go do so elsewhere.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:27 PM   #13
cardsdownunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateadams2 View Post
Please go to the heat thread then. As we have stayed respectful of that thread please do the same for ours. This is the best start they have had in years. We are allowed to pull for our team. If u want to bash them please go do so elsewhere.
not sure if anyone ever informed you, but apparently you need to be told how this whole internet forum thing works: members are allowed to post in a civil manner on whatever threads and topics they like. get over yourself. i wasn't even bashing your thread. ego much?
cardsdownunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:34 PM   #14
RedSoxFan28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsdownunder View Post
not sure if anyone ever informed you, but apparently you need to be told how this whole internet forum thing works: members are allowed to post in a civil manner on whatever threads and topics they like. get over yourself. i wasn't even bashing your thread. ego much?
Not sure if anyone has informed you, but there is a Heat Fan's thread where Heat Fans can talk. The OP to the Heat Threads flip out when other non Heat fans post in it. The OP of this thread asked you respectfully to not bash in his thread and you did anyways. If the OP is excited about the Knicks start, let him be happy. Not that hard to do.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:56 AM   #15
pingbling23

knicks have a good shot in the east. roseless bulls, no dwight in orlando, boston should be up there. it doesnt seem like there is to much action in the east, but hey, maybe we will pull it out in the all star game.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #16
Shaun941

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
knicks have a good shot in the east. roseless bulls, no dwight in orlando, boston should be up there. it doesnt seem like there is to much action in the east, but hey, maybe we will pull it out in the all star game.
The Magic are better without Dwight. That being said the Knicks look pretty good so far.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #17
XARZY

Im very happy with the movement of the ball. From a PG-less team to 3 PGs! From a 1 center with a void in the bigman catergory to a team with 4 Centers!

Wallace still has his shot which helps alot too! Now we got a deep 3 threat.
XARZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #18
nateadams2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARZY View Post
Im very happy with the movement of the ball. From a PG-less team to 3 PGs! From a 1 center with a void in the bigman catergory to a team with 4 Centers!

Wallace still has his shot which helps alot too! Now we got a deep 3 threat.
Yes, the 3 pg rotation seems to be doing awesome. Felton is on fire, and Kidd is just ridiculous. I just hope that when Amare is back they have him play off the bench. Keep this rotation going and then have him and jr coming off the bench with the mindset of just putting points on the board. That would be an awesome 1-2 punch for the second unit.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #19
pepsiporch
Banned

[QUOTE=nateadams2;3598695]Yes, the 3 pg rotation seems to be doing awesome. Felton is on fire, and Kidd is just ridiculous. I just hope that when Amare is back they have him play off the bench. Keep this rotation going and then have him and jr coming off the bench with the mindset of just putting points on the board. That would be an awesome 1-2 punch for

Amare can come off the bench so melo(hog) ball can be played
Old 11-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #20
nateadams2

[QUOTE=pepsiporch;3598808]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateadams2 View Post
Yes, the 3 pg rotation seems to be doing awesome. Felton is on fire, and Kidd is just ridiculous. I just hope that when Amare is back they have him play off the bench. Keep this rotation going and then have him and jr coming off the bench with the mindset of just putting points on the board. That would be an awesome 1-2 punch for

Amare can come off the bench so melo(hog) ball can be played
yes, because he has been such a simple minded solo playing ball hog so far, right? He hasn't hustled more on the defensive end than ever so far right? He hasn't passed on decent looks for him to pass to other teammates so far right? He hasn't actually made a real effort on the boards consistently so far right?

I agree with Knicker. There's no way possible that you are a knicks fan at all. You are a moron. Keep on hating, i'm done replying to anything you even post. You obviously do not watch the games. He's the most team oriented he's ever been throughout his whole career. He finally gets it that he needs to get everyone involved and not try to put the team on his back and just drop 40 points. he has to put effort in everything. have fun trolling, nobody will be replying
Old 11-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #21
Josh611

The Pistons have this years title locked up
Old 11-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #22
Orangejello727

Knicks and Raptors are going to run the East down this year!! You heard it here first!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #23
murrke03
Banned

haha nothing like knicks fans trolling other knicks fans in there official no troll knicks thread.

calm down guys. haha
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #24
nateadams2

another huge game for melo tonight. keeping the undefeated streak going. didn't get to watch it on my actual tv, had to resort to watching it online through various links. haha. still though, melo's effort on the defensive end is impressive (by his standards at least).

as long as they stay healthy and keep up with the focus they are showing now i think a 50+ win season is easily attainable. I see them definitely being a top 4 seed and getting home court in the first round. what do you guys think?
Old 11-10-2012, 12:07 AM   #25
jbmets95

lets keep calm its 4 games
ive seen hot starts before
they look impressive but its gonna go down hill when amare comes back and doesnt realize he should come off bench

lets hope this continues
they start playing a lot of games in a short time period
starting back to back spurs and grizz next week
should be a tough 2 on road