AD Golden Auction 100

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 09-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #351
Danni1185

Quote:
Originally Posted by icancu202 View Post
I tried placing an order with Digital Heroes for one binder today...and when my card wouldn't be accepted as a payment when I went to checkout, I made a phone call. Basically, I was told that you had to order a binder AND a box in order for it to work. I ended the call there and thought about it for a few hours...and I just found out that the binders are now sold out. :-/

Called Digital Heroes again and asked how many boxes they had left to sell and the person on the phone said just 5. Upon hearing that, I had to place an order for one...which is now the maximum you can buy. He also said that the demand is much higher than they expected and that they sold over 50 binders just this morning.
I went ahead and ordered 1 box from Digital Heroes for myself. Came out to $86.33 after shipping.
Danni1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #352
Zerokruel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan86 View Post
It is frustrating that the Distributor price is 630-660 a case. Blowout and others usually list at around $725-775 for the rarer products. This time around they are going to list a lot higher and there price did not go up.
I know it is a money making business but it sucks for most.

This is true - but there is a lot to remember.

MSRP is $84 a box.

This is just general and everyone has to remember this - so this isn't pointed at you.

This stuff is sold out in a blink of an eye. So, distributors are going to bump up the prices because there is no more product to order - it was allocated and not a lot of it was given to anyone. So, if a distributor want's to get anymore - they have to buy it or trade product to get it. We all know - it's going to cost more the second time around.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #353
SerialKilnWalkr

I hope there are sealed cases out there somewhere, seems like they are all being broken up and allocated all over the place
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #354
icancu202

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
I hope there are sealed cases out there somewhere, seems like they are all being broken up and allocated all over the place
Yeah, I'm holding out until I find a case. I bought just one box. Does seem like all the cases out there are being broken up and sold off as individual boxes, obviously because not enough were distributed to each location/higher profit margins to those who are selling. Just hoping I don't end up regretting waiting rather than buying now. I already made that mistake today with the binder...which doesn't seem to be available anywhere else.
icancu202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:51 PM   #355
SerialKilnWalkr

Worst case scenario I am ready to spend to get cases, I really want to be able to make the master set of this.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:51 PM   #356
The Madbacker
Banned

C'mon Solarfly, put my mind at ease.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #357
SerialKilnWalkr

Have all solarfly buyers sent emails to them? They must be sweating seeing everyone's orders get cut like this.

Any replies in their forums?

Or call their sales 330-714-6098
Monday - Friday: 10:00AM - 8:00PM MST

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 09-05-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #358
Tim

i haven't emailed him - he already posted on the non-sports forum that he would buy up any and all cases to fill preorders.

it is a bit bothersome though if others have emailed him and he's not responsive.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #359
durstlimpbizkit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
i haven't emailed him - he already posted on the non-sports forum that he would buy up any and all cases to fill preorders.

it is a bit bothersome though if others have emailed him and he's not responsive.
I just e-mailed them yesterday, and honestly I'm used to hearing back fairly quickly but it is a little troubling.

It all depends though, I mean Solarfly seemed to have a lot of other Crypto stuff sealed up pretty well in the past so it just depends. I hope that the orders didn't get cut because I'm not sure how many cases they had to sell but I remember there only being like 3 or 4 when I bought mine.

We'll just have to see though.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:17 PM   #360
Uter79

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I just picked up an extra 3 boxes at 89.95 each.. yikes! What am I CRA-ZEE?!!
I got two boxes at the same place I'm assuming you did. Sucks because I'd like to give my business to blowout but I guess with something like this you buy it where you can find it.
I just need one but I got greedy. I may open the second box I may be a profiteer and see what I can get for it too.
With Big Bang Theory boxes getting a little cheaper and the next set coming out both Blowout and cryptozoic will get my money somehow though.
Uter79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:17 PM   #361
SerialKilnWalkr

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
I just e-mailed them yesterday, and honestly I'm used to hearing back fairly quickly but it is a little troubling.

It all depends though, I mean Solarfly seemed to have a lot of other Crypto stuff sealed up pretty well in the past so it just depends. I hope that the orders didn't get cut because I'm not sure how many cases they had to sell but I remember there only being like 3 or 4 when I bought mine.

We'll just have to see though.
SolarFly Cards

"Questions? Comments? Concerns? Please feel free to contact us at any time, we'd be happy to hear from you! During business hours, we generally answer all emails and messages within 1 hour of receipt. Otherwise, we'll get back to you first thing the next morning! "

They may have to withdraw their Season 2 Master Set listing for pre-order at 1500 to be able to fulfill case orders if they are guaranteed because can't make master sets if you over sold on cases.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 09-05-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #362
BengalsJayhawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I just picked up an extra 3 boxes at 89.95 each.. yikes! What am I CRA-ZEE?!!
Haha. No your not crazy cause I did the same thing. All this non response from solar and blowout not having any for sale, I had to be sure that I at least got three.

Also once they do go on sale dont forget about Cryptozoics online store. They usually have a few boxes for sale at retail price and with the way things are looking it might not be to bad a price to get some at.
BengalsJayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #363
SerialKilnWalkr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsJayhawks View Post
Haha. No your not crazy cause I did the same thing. All this non response from solar and blowout not having any for sale, I had to be sure that I at least got three.

Also once they do go on sale dont forget about Cryptozoics online store. They usually have a few boxes for sale at retail price and with the way things are looking it might not be to bad a price to get some at.
Doesn't cryptozoics store put them up way after the fact?

Not sure if anyone knows for sure, how much product is held back in case of them having to replace damaged product or other unforeseen issues?

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 09-05-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #364
Cujobyte

Just got caught up with this thread. Wow there are a lot of speculations being made within here.

First, Chris at BO will be putting up prices "next week" as I've been told today within an email. I'm sure he's just trying to appease his big orders, and needs to see how many they can sell, and what to sell them at. I know he received his allocation, so let's put that to rest. (edit: I would still check daily/hourly though JUST IN CASE he puts them up earlier).

Second, Miranda care to shed some light on the production numbers at all? This is only speculation, BUT I'd guess production of boxes is around 7000. Crypto raised BBT 3/4 to around this number (perhaps it was 7500). I have emailed Scott at Crypto today, so we'll see.

Third, Matt emailed me last nite. I'm sure he's trying to figure it out (as well as Chris). So just stating he has been in contact with me. I'm not even one of the first lines getting product from him. But wanted to put some of you at ease, that he hasn't left the country lol.

I'd love it if Miranda did answer production numbers though, or Scott Thanks.

Last edited by Cujobyte; 09-05-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #365
icancu202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
I know he received his allocation, so let's put that to rest.
Funny...because as I posted earlier in this thread, Chris Park from Blowout had mentioned:

"I'm sorry but we do not have allocations yet on the product. Hope to try and lock some in soon. Thanks"

If that's the case and he did receive his allocation, I would have much preferred being told that information would be coming soon on the product rather than what was said above. At this point, I just want these pre-sells to go up so I can be worry free knowing I at least got something.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #366
SerialKilnWalkr

Quote:
Funny...because as I posted earlier in this thread, Chris Park from Blowout had mentioned:

"I'm sorry but we do not have allocations yet on the product. Hope to try and lock some in soon. Thanks"

If that's the case and he did receive his allocation, I would have much preferred being told that information would be coming soon on the product rather than what was said above.
This, both Dan and Chris sending the e-mails out with this generic message. I guess other members get preference and get personal explanations of why pre-orders are not up, but if this is true from Cujo which I hope it is then that is a plus. This doesn't change that product will most likely be scarce once he fills those big orders.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #367
t2554

Quote:

If that's the case and he did receive his allocation, I would have much preferred being told that information would be coming soon on the product rather than what was said above. At this point, I just want these pre-sells to go up so I can be worry free knowing I at least got something.
I'm guessing they are getting swamped with hundreds of emails and that is their "line" for now. They are probably doing what Dave and Adam was doing, figuring out how much product to pre-sell, how much to hold back for future sales (ie when prices skyrocket), etc.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:48 PM   #368
icancu202

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
I'm guessing they are getting swamped with hundreds of emails and that is their "line" for now. They are probably doing what Dave and Adam was doing, figuring out how much product to pre-sell, how much to hold back for future sales (ie when prices skyrocket), etc.
That actually sounds pretty spot on...I wouldn't doubt it.

So truthfully, these pre-sells can really pop up on any day at anytime? Right?
Old 09-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #369
Zerokruel

Wow - here I thought distributors were holding back so they could see what the "buy/sell" would be come Monday on DealerNet.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #370
SerialKilnWalkr

Quote:

Supposedly
Old 09-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #371
Cujobyte

Quote:

I understand. All allocations went out. As stated, I'm sure he's just trying to fulfill a million orders on very limited product. Perhaps I should not have written anything here.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #372
icancu202

I just sent an e-mail to Cryptozoic...Hoping they may be able to do something for me.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #373
t2554

Quote:

I would say so, Dave and Adams' pre-orders did (I emailed both them and Blowout a few days ago asking for a specific day/time span for when pre-orders would be taken and they both gave me the same generic line you guys are still getting). There won't be any sort of announcement, the sale page will just pop up.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #374
SerialKilnWalkr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
I understand. All allocations went out. As stated, I'm sure he's just trying to fulfill a million orders on very limited product. Perhaps I should not have written anything here.
We appreciate the info Cujo, it is better than nothing and the responses we get.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #375
SerialKilnWalkr

Quote:
I just sent an e-mail to Cryptozoic...Hoping they may be able to do something for me.
They will most likely not respond or tell you allocations have been sent out and it is up to the business to decide what they do with their product allocated to them.