Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > VINTAGE

Notices

VINTAGE Post your Vintage Cards Hobby Talk (Pre-1980's)

Old 07-14-2017, 12:04 AM   #176
DJCollector1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonCollector View Post
For some reason I still have all my Photobucket working, I guess for now.
Sorry to be the harbinger of bad news, but unless you are a paying customer, you won't have it for long.

Everyone started complaining a while back about their images not showing up anymore, something about moving to a new/paying account.

I just thought it was a glitch or something on their end until finally all my stuff disappeared as well.

I've been tinkering with a number of sites the last few days, and really NONE are too my liking.
Apparently, FREE, and "extremely simple" just aren't offered together anymore.
Thats pretty much the only thing I liked about Photobucket, is it was about as bare bones and easy to use as anything.
(for what its worth, I use these sites only on my home computer, NOT on my phone)
Most everyone raves about the phone apps on many of these sites.
I'm not looking for any of those apps.

Anyway, I will keep looking and trying to find something I like.

I PC - DAVID JOHNSON, ROBERTO CLEMENTE, MICKEY MANTLE
https://djcollector.imgur.com/

Last edited by DJCollector1; 07-14-2017 at 05:23 AM.
DJCollector1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 09:34 PM   #177
Daddymc

So.....I've transferred most of my vintage card pics to Flickr now...someday I'll get the images within this thread replaced! In the meantime, I did add these three cards to my collection:

Daddymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 12:52 PM   #178
Mishu2nite

Nice, I just added the same card to my collection as well. My nap is a psa 5.5. Nice ruth, I still need to pick up one I will be happy with.
Mishu2nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 06:59 PM   #179
WilsonCollector

Great looking cards there, I'd love to get into some T206's. I'd be lost though and wouldn't know where to start.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:42 PM   #180
Daddymc

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonCollector View Post
Great looking cards there, I'd love to get into some T206's. I'd be lost though and wouldn't know where to start.
Thank you. The Nap is actually my only one. The reason I bought it was it was a really nice looking card of an iconic player for a pretty good price. I kind of have the bug to get some more now though

I really like the red portrait Cobb and may look to add one of those in the near future. I have my sights set on something else right now though.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:54 PM   #181
WilsonCollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymc View Post
Thank you. The Nap is actually my only one. The reason I bought it was it was a really nice looking card of an iconic player for a pretty good price. I kind of have the bug to get some more now though

I really like the red portrait Cobb and may look to add one of those in the near future. I have my sights set on something else right now though.
After you posted, I thought maybe I would just pick one back to collect and go from there.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:06 PM   #182
Morgoth

Quote:

Nice Ruth, great cards
Morgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:24 PM   #183
Daddymc

Thanks Morgoth.

Here is my newest pickup and my new favorite card in my collection. I've wanted one of these for a long time but it's been difficult finding one that's affordable for me with great eye appeal because of print lines, poor registration, creases, etc. The search is now over and I'm thrilled to finally have this card.

Old 08-04-2017, 05:36 AM   #184
DJCollector1

Quote:

Here is my newest pickup and my new favorite card in my collection. I've wanted one of these for a long time but it's been difficult finding one that's affordable for me with great eye appeal because of print lines, poor registration, creases, etc. The search is now over and I'm thrilled to finally have this card.
You know I am partial to Clemente (and your Clemente rookie), but man that is some kinda nice~!

Some of the early Mantle cards are really growing on me as I get older.
I have a number of other "wants", but sooner or later I will have to pick up a very early Mantle to slip in to my collection.
I nabbed a '64 and a '66 a few months ago, and I have been debating on trying to find an earlier Mantle to add in along side them.

It feels good to finally acquire one of your personal "grails" doesn't it?
Hopefully by years end I will be in a position to try and pick up a Clemente rookie.

I PC - DAVID JOHNSON, ROBERTO CLEMENTE, MICKEY MANTLE
https://djcollector.imgur.com/
DJCollector1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 08:56 PM   #185
Daddymc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCollector1 View Post
You know I am partial to Clemente (and your Clemente rookie), but man that is some kinda nice~!

Some of the early Mantle cards are really growing on me as I get older.
I have a number of other "wants", but sooner or later I will have to pick up a very early Mantle to slip in to my collection.
I nabbed a '64 and a '66 a few months ago, and I have been debating on trying to find an earlier Mantle to add in along side them.

It feels good to finally acquire one of your personal "grails" doesn't it?
Hopefully by years end I will be in a position to try and pick up a Clemente rookie.
It did feel really good to finally acquire it, best of luck to you finding your Clemente!
Old 08-05-2017, 09:09 AM   #186
Mishu2nite

Amazing Mantle. Not well worn like you would expect for the grade. You picked wisely.
Mishu2nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 04:36 PM   #187
begsu1013

for the mantle and clemente fans:

Old 08-10-2017, 01:31 PM   #188
Rattler43

I am looking to collect low value Nolan Ryan rookie, '69, '70, and '71 to finish out my Ryan collection. I have been collecting since 1970. Collect for the love so I do not care if they are creased, bent, water damaged, torn, etc. Just want to have every Topps Ryan card. Any suggestions. I am new to online stuff. Just been doing my own thing forever and happened upon this site.
Rattler43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:35 PM   #189
Rattler43

By the way, love all of the pics of these cards. Good stuff indeed.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:04 PM   #190
Daddymc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler43 View Post
By the way, love all of the pics of these cards. Good stuff indeed.
Thank you.

Try posting on the BST of the CU Forum that you are looking for lower grade Ryan cards. I'd be surprised if no one could help.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:20 AM   #191
Rattler43

Will do. Thank you.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:23 PM   #192
GROTE15FOREVER

You have an amazing collection, and great scans by the way. However, these photos/grades prove what myself and many collectors face, I have graded examples that are by far in better condition then the grades PSA gives me based on these scans right here. For the life of me I can't figure it out and there are countless youtube videos supporting my views. I can resub at least 10 cards and I think PSA operates on a who you are and how much you spend basis for grades which is very unfair.
GROTE15FOREVER is offline   Reply With Quote