Blowout Cards Forums
April Showers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 12-23-2012, 01:21 AM   #1
CardCollector

Default Need some advice ...

Bought a lot, not expensive ($36), from Terp4life on the 15th. I was told it would be shipped the next business day. It is the 23rd and I haven't received anything and he hasn't been on in 4 days. He seems like a good dude so something came up I'm sure. I don't think he is trying to screw me. However, I could really use the money right now so listing the cards would help or a refund. Do you think I should maybe open a PayPal claim, see if that gets his attention? Like I said I am not mad at all, just want to know what's up so figure this will get his attention. Any suggestions ... ?
Old 12-23-2012, 01:38 AM   #2
AP4MVP

Welcome to holiday shipping
AP4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:44 AM   #3
sdoug76
Banned

No dc?

Shoot him an email, first. One thing not to be here, but most likely checking email.
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:04 AM   #4
death2redemptions
Banned

SOUTH PARK rules!!!!
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:05 AM   #5
ManInTheMirror
Banned

Just wait till the new year man. You said yourself you don't think he is scamming you. Not only is shipping going to be slower than normal but he probably isn't even at his home base anymore.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:50 AM   #6
ilovethelakings
I make a lot of posts!

365 iTrader experience and you need to ask those rookie questions? By now, you should be able to handle yo' bid-ness without the help of the peanut gallery. If two weeks or so after the stated shipping date nothing has arrived, then be concerned. After three weeks or so of not receiving anything or returned PMs, call that mo' fo' out. Otherwise, just chill, homie. All those fruit cakes being shipped out to poor unsuspecting families are clogging up the system.

Last edited by ilovethelakings; 12-23-2012 at 04:54 AM.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:51 AM   #7
ManInTheMirror
Banned

#@#@#@#@ing fruit cakes!!!! DAMN THEM
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #8
cking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP4MVP View Post
Welcome to holiday shipping
Welcome to Blowout Cards would be more like it.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #9
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardCollector View Post
Bought a lot, not expensive ($36), from Terp4life on the 15th. I was told it would be shipped the next business day. It is the 23rd and I haven't received anything and he hasn't been on in 4 days. He seems like a good dude so something came up I'm sure. I don't think he is trying to screw me. However, I could really use the money right now so listing the cards would help or a refund. Do you think I should maybe open a PayPal claim, see if that gets his attention? Like I said I am not mad at all, just want to know what's up so figure this will get his attention. Any suggestions ... ?
No excuse for it. He had no problem contacting you to send Paypal info and make false promises. The guy hasnt come through on his end of the deal and has no problem ignoring you for whatever reason. Im always amazed at how members have all the time in the world to complete a deal and take the money yet things always happen once they have your money. Its the Holidays and we are all busy. You found time to pay him and he should find time to keep his commitment. I appreciate you making us aware of another terribly slow shipper on here.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #10
cking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
No excuse for it. He had no problem contacting you to send Paypal info and make false promises. The guy hasnt come through on his end of the deal and has no problem ignoring you for whatever reason. Im always amazed at how members have all the time in the world to complete a deal and take the money yet things always happen once they have your money. Its the Holidays and we are all busy. You found time to pay him and he should find time to keep his commitment. I appreciate you making us aware of another terribly slow shipper on here.
Agreed. I recieved cards in the mail yesterday and I have cards at my post office now, which means they will be here tomorrow. Not sure why everyone else is having problems. All the cards I have purchased or sold in the last week have arrived safe and sound with no delays what so ever.

Last edited by cking; 12-23-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:34 PM   #11
CardCollector

Im not mad at this guy at all. And he hasn't even been on to ignore my pms last time I checked. Just think that 8 days after I paid I should have a DC # or been contacted, unless something came up. Hopefully he contacts me soon so I can get my cards. Thanks for the input guys.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:30 AM   #12
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardCollector View Post
Im not mad at this guy at all. And he hasn't even been on to ignore my pms last time I checked. Just think that 8 days after I paid I should have a DC # or been contacted, unless something came up. Hopefully he contacts me soon so I can get my cards. Thanks for the input guys.
You realize the PMs go to his email though right? He doesnt have to log in to see the PMs you are sending to him. Point is you guys had an agreement and he has not held his end.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:45 AM   #13
Ironcourtcards
Banned

you can choose not to have emails sent to your email. but i do not agree with holiday shipping...it is slower, but not that slow.

i bought things from the US a week ago, and it all arrived today, via first class intl, the slowest option with tracking. and i shipped last monday for ebay sales and positive feedback has been left for me already.
Ironcourtcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #14
cking

Just some proof to back up my statements above. I bought these friday night from a member here. I have them in hand already and I live half way across the country from him. Not sure why everyone is having problems.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...99939398221544
Old 12-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #15
jlzinck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironcourtcards View Post
you can choose not to have emails sent to your email. but i do not agree with holiday shipping...it is slower, but not that slow.

i bought things from the US a week ago, and it all arrived today, via first class intl, the slowest option with tracking. and i shipped last monday for ebay sales and positive feedback has been left for me already.

I maled something to Ohio at noon on Saturday and it was delivered today.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #16
CardCollector

Talked to the member. It took 4 days to print the label and 6 days to ship. Wasn't what I had hoped but oh well.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:42 PM   #17
free2131

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

I sold a card on Ebay that was paid for on the 21st, sent it out on the 22nd, and it arrived on the 24th. Weird huh?
Old 12-25-2012, 12:30 AM   #18
smackvay

i purchased a lot on ebay on the 13th and he/she still hasnt even loaded any tracking numbers? i guess when you dont spell superfractor lot correctly and have 4 nice bgs cards in a lot and it sell for 25 bucks i guess that means you dont have to send it? or with this seller anyway
Old 12-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #19
Clarka3

got a lot I bought from the member in question, so i think they just shipped a bit slow for you.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote