Blowout Cards Forums
Basketball

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

Notices

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 02-22-2008, 07:31 PM   #1
tooleman

Default 2008 Press Pass Eclipse

Anyone else ripping this next week? Any thoughts on the product? I've generally done fairly well with Cup products the few times I decided to do them.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:18 PM   #2
Dobber2330

It should be a good rip - Eclipse is every year - the only issue with this product is that the price point is quite a bit higher than a lot of the other Nascar products are - Chris has it at around $106 per box - that is almost double what some of the other products are.

The inserts that are done at a half case level have helped all of the PP products since that concept was rolled out. I am not a huge fan of the "Under Cover" cards but with 2 per box some of them will still sell decent. All in all it depends on how many Joey Clanton autos will come out of a half a case (anyone who asks "Who the heck is Joey Clanton" has not ripped any 2008 Nascar) - the guy is the Nascar version of Yamon Figurs or Joe Klopenstein......
Dobber2330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:23 PM   #3
tooleman

Dobber, will there be any legends autos or will all the autos be of current drivers?
Old 02-23-2008, 03:59 AM   #4
Dobber2330

Checklist has not been posted - in past years these have been the "Press Pass Signings" set and there are always some of the Legends in that set. Since they release it over a number of products I have trouble remembering who was in what product. There should be some legends included......
Old 02-23-2008, 03:55 PM   #5
matts_cardz

Im ripping 3 next week tooleman, I have done fairly good the past 3 years in this product...Got a Kevin Harvick Auto Car Cover /29, Greg Biffle Auto Car Cover /16 and a triple auto of Mark Martin/Kurt Busch/Matt Kenseth /25 one year....product is different this year with the autos saying they will be limited to only the Eclipse product, meaning they wont expand it through other brands this year (thank god)....every brand should have there own auto I believe...good luck on your ripping

Last edited by matts_cardz; 02-23-2008 at 04:21 PM.
matts_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:57 PM   #6
matts_cardz

Also, I as well dont like the "Under Covers" but there are alot that have more than 1 color so that always catches the eye of the buyer...sorta like a patch...I just hope I dont pull David Ragan (yes he is in the car cover set this year!)
Old 02-23-2008, 05:53 PM   #7
Dobber2330

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts_cardz View Post
Im ripping 3 next week tooleman, I have done fairly good the past 3 years in this product...Got a Kevin Harvick Auto Car Cover /29, Greg Biffle Auto Car Cover /16 and a triple auto of Mark Martin/Kurt Busch/Matt Kenseth /25 one year....product is different this year with the autos saying they will be limited to only the Eclipse product, meaning they wont expand it through other brands this year (thank god)....every brand should have there own auto I believe...good luck on your ripping
This is set up the same way as in past years - they have one auto set for Press Pass 2008 and Press Pass Eclipse, a different set for Wheels and WAT, and the last set is for all of the other products except for legends.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:03 PM   #8
swjedi2000

Please post your hits...I will try and get 1 or 2 boxes.

Thanks BB
Old 02-23-2008, 07:49 PM   #9
matts_cardz

I definately will, not too many people post racing box breaks so I will do it for those who break racing
Old 02-25-2008, 11:14 AM   #10
swjedi2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts_cardz View Post
I definately will, not too many people post racing box breaks so I will do it for those who break racing
Are your boxes coming today or tomorrow?
Old 02-25-2008, 04:25 PM   #11
matts_cardz

I have to order them still they're not in from where I get them...so it will more than likely be wednesday if my UPS doesnt get delayed due to the storm coming in
Old 02-26-2008, 04:58 AM   #12
nucemcsw

I typically only go for a few boxes instead of a case or two. Car covers plummit in value after the first few weeks, more than any other memorabilia product in nascar. The exception is if you hit the key drivers/multi-colors, so post/sell them early and you could do alright.
nucemcsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:29 PM   #13
matts_cardz

definately, I only do about 3 eclipse a year due to the fact there is no driver worn memorabilia except for the 4wide
Old 02-26-2008, 02:28 PM   #14
tooleman

I should get my case today if Chris shipped yesterday. I'll report back once I rip it, probably tomorrow, since my UPS guy doesn't come until 5 p.m. and I'll be at work by then.