This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

Notices

MMA - Mixed Martial Arts Post your MMA Cards Hobby Talk

Old 08-14-2017, 04:52 PM   #101
irfuji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
why wouldn't that possibly work? no one else has had the balls to do that and not give a damn about his countering. How Connor will fight Mayweather is going to be unlike how anyone else has fought Mayweather. Stand right in front of him, not be afraid of his punches, run after him when he retreats, and swing for the fences. What is to say thats not the exact gameplan to finally beat Floyd? No one else has tried it, so how can you discount that as a possible way of winning?
I'm willing to put up a high end card if you want to wager on McGregor

Ma Bucket: http://s283.photobucket.com/user/irfuji/library/?sort=3&page=1
irfuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 05:50 PM   #102
Bryanjs14

Quote:
Originally Posted by irfuji View Post
I'm willing to put up a high end card if you want to wager on McGregor
as long as I am getting odds, of course I will wager on him. I got him at 11/1 out in vegas before the odds bottomed out to where they are now. at 5/1 its not worth betting on him. at over 10/1 I think the odds are well worth taking a shot on him.

Whatever idiot bet with NY at even odds, I will happily go hedge my McGregor bets and bet on Mayweather with them as well.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 06:13 PM   #103
RogerGodahell

Quote:
why wouldn't that possibly work? no one else has had the balls to do that and not give a damn about his countering. How Connor will fight Mayweather is going to be unlike how anyone else has fought Mayweather. Stand right in front of him, not be afraid of his punches, run after him when he retreats, and swing for the fences. What is to say thats not the exact gameplan to finally beat Floyd? No one else has tried it, so how can you discount that as a possible way of winning?
Mayweather has fought some hard punchers before. Guys that actually know how to box. This isn't anything new to him. Saying you're going to stand there and getting in his face and taking punch after punch while trying to throw hailmary's sounds good but this isn't a Rocky movie. Mayweather is very hard to corner let alone hit him. He's quick..very quick.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:16 PM   #104
RogerGodahell

Quote:
as long as I am getting odds, of course I will wager on him. I got him at 11/1 out in vegas before the odds bottomed out to where they are now. at 5/1 its not worth betting on him. at over 10/1 I think the odds are well worth taking a shot on him.

Whatever idiot bet with NY at even odds, I will happily go hedge my McGregor bets and bet on Mayweather with them as well.
Should be more like 100/1 based on real skill level.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:24 PM   #105
cowboyzqna

10 to 1 is about right imo...
1. Punchers chance. "Touch of death".

2. Could be a game. (Run it back for at least 200 mill... second fight is "real"... please know that I don't believe mcgregor would knowingly win a "fixed" bout... but I do believe Mayweather would take a dive)

3. Money may be dealing with two busted paws for most of the match. Mcgregor is nothing if not hard headed.

So I think 10 to 1 is "fair".... 7 to 1 is decent. Idk. Might have to get in on 5 to 1 cause I didn't have the money to get when the fight first got anounced.

cowboyzqna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:43 PM   #106
RogerGodahell

It's like saying Kimbo Slice (RIP) would of had a chance vs.Tyson in his prime because he's a big guy with a strong punch if he can hit you. The odds of him actually winning that hypothetical fight are pretty much nil. I compare the two because one was the best and the other an amateur.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:57 PM   #107
RogerGodahell

Mayweather has been hit before by some pretty hard punchers. It's not like he can't take a punch.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:46 PM   #108
Bryanjs14

1) Kimbo Slice couldn't beat anyone in anything other than street fights except VERY low level MMA fighters

2) comparing Conor and Kimbo just shows you have no grasp of the sport of MMA. You are a boxing homer, we get it. Conor has beaten the highest level UFC fighters there are on the planet, guys that for a while were considered not just #1 in their weight class, but #1 worldwide in MMA rankings. You are talking about guys who were considered the Mayweather of their sport, unbeaten for over a decade.

3) Mayweather has taken some hard punches but Conor has more power than anyone Floyd has fought IMO...and age doesn't help Floyd.

4) This isn't a Rocky movie, you are right, because Rocky was fighting for a championship, his honor, and his city. McGregor is fighting for a paycheck and nothing else the only way he has a chance at a second larger paycheck is to do the impossible and beat Floyd, and the only way I see that happening is by doing exactly what Conor does inside the octagon. Pressure his opponents like he doesn't give a s**t if he loses. No one else has done that against floyd.

If you think Conor should be 100/1 based on his skill level , man up and give me a bet at decent odds. any amount. I'm NOT saying Conor is GOING to win, I just think anyone who gives him zero chance has absolutely zero grasp on the sport, or reality for that matter.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:28 PM   #109
cowboyzqna

Eddie Alvarez took some monster shots before he fought connor. Stayed standing. I mean "find your passport... cause your going somewhere shots" Very few human beings could have absorbed that. He walked through them for the most part. (Got rocked... won all fights)

Fast forward to when Connor slept him. (I lost money on that fight)... Touch of death. Connor could lose 30 minutes of this fight and then go off.

Conditioning to me is another factor. How old is money now? MMA is so much more taxing than boxing imo. Nate Diaz will drag you into deep waters and then drown you... Connor survived that. (I say survived... because he never beat Diaz in my opinion)

Connor has a very real chance in this fight.

cowboyzqna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:36 PM   #110
RogerGodahell

When Buster Douglas beat Tyson he was a 42-1 underdog....he was also the #7 ranked heavyweight in the world. What's McGregor's ranking?
Old 08-15-2017, 08:17 PM   #111
sonnyday

Quote:

3) Mayweather has taken some hard punches but Conor has more power than anyone Floyd has fought IMO...and age doesn't help Floyd.

Maidana
Marquez!!!!
Canelo!!
Cotto
DeLaHoya
Hatton
Gatti

All have more power than McGregor
sonnyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:27 PM   #112
sonnyday

Quote:
How Connor will fight Mayweather is going to be unlike how anyone else has fought Mayweather. Stand right in front of him, not be afraid of his punches, run after him when he retreats, and swing for the fences. What is to say thats not the exact gameplan to finally beat Floyd? No one else has tried it, so how can you discount that as a possible way of winning?
This is the EXACT strategy Oscar De La Hoya had. So someone has tried it, yet you said no one else has??

This was also Cotto's strategy as well. And Maidana's strategy in their first bout.
Old Yesterday, 01:46 AM   #113
unclemonkey

I'm hoping for Hagler/Hearns redux

I'm afraid it will be Tyson/McNeely

Some very accomplished martial artists have tried to cross over... Oak Tree Edwards and James Waring are two that come to mind.

Even the successful Muy Tai fighters that won boxing titles had years of ring experience.

By comparison, McGregor is a grappler out of his element with imposed limitations.

I'd love to see Mayweather get abused and mugged and KTFO but it wont happen.

Last edited by unclemonkey; Yesterday at 01:48 AM.
unclemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:33 AM   #114
Bryanjs14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyday View Post

Maidana
Marquez!!!!
Canelo!!
Cotto
DeLaHoya
Hatton
Gatti

All have more power than McGregor

Disagree on every single name on that list except maybe DeLaHoya, but DeLaHoya was fighting a 31 year old extremely conditioned Mayweather. Not a 41 year old two years out of the game training for a "gimic" fight as most have put it

McGregor has freakish power. He's knocked out guys with a single punch who had taken complete beatings and never been knocked out in their career.

If you actually watched the sport, you would know this.
Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM   #115
blackbears86

Quote:
Disagree on every single name on that list except maybe DeLaHoya, but DeLaHoya was fighting a 31 year old extremely conditioned Mayweather. Not a 41 year old two years out of the game training for a "gimic" fight as most have put it

McGregor has freakish power. He's knocked out guys with a single punch who had taken complete beatings and never been knocked out in their career.

Well, you left an out for yourself either way.

You don't expect CM to win, but he definitely could.......

I'm expecting an old, 41 y/o polished fighter to make this a boring fight (like most mayweather fights are) and to win a unanimous decision over a young fighter with three months training.

P.S. ---Hatton and Cotto were beasts...........
blackbears86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM   #116
sonnyday

Quote:

Sorry bud, you couldn't be more wrong. I've been a boxing fan probably since you were still in the womb. Just alone to say Marquez doesn't pack a punch like McGregor tells me you know zilch about boxing.

How come I've never seen you on any of the boxing threads?
Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM   #117
Hardcore

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...s-aug-26-fight

I' ve just been reading this thread..all along.
Wondering if this makes a difference or if anyone thinks this is better for one fighter over the other.
Hardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:27 PM   #118
RogerGodahell

Skip to 6:15

Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM   #119
crazymj

Just saw floyd and got some things signed. If anyone looking to add him before the fight, here's what i have
http://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1142811
crazymj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:26 PM   #120
sonnyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerGodahell View Post
Skip to 6:15

I think Bryanjs14 needs to watch, not sure how one can think Connor McGregor packs a better punch then a legend like Marquez.
Old Yesterday, 07:58 PM   #121
Bryanjs14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyday View Post
Sorry bud, you couldn't be more wrong. I've been a boxing fan probably since you were still in the womb. Just alone to say Marquez doesn't pack a punch like McGregor tells me you know zilch about boxing.

How come I've never seen you on any of the boxing threads?
Don't know how old you are, but I've been going to boxing matches for 26 years now, my first when when I was 4 (which I don't remember any of them to be honest until about 8 years old) was at the Tyson Holyfield bite fight. I have family that work for the NSAC, I don't need to watch that highlight, because I watched that fight when it happened. I still think McGregor has more power than anyone Floyd has fought other than DeLaHoya. Marquez packs a punch. Delahoya packs a more powerful punch, IMO the most powerful that has tested floyd, and I think McGregor hits even harder. Maybe you should watch some highlights of him knocking out guys in MMA that have never been knocked out before with a single punch.

I didn't leave myself any outs. I DON'T think McGregor will win, but I DO want him to. My point is this: Anyone saying he has ZERO chance is a clown and is just covering their own ass should he land a haymaker and put floyd on the canvas.

Last edited by Bryanjs14; Yesterday at 08:01 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:00 PM   #122
blackbears86

Quote:
Don't know how old you are, but I've been going to boxing matches for 26 years now, my first when when I was 4 (which I don't remember any of them to be honest until about 8 years old) was at the Tyson Holyfield bite fight. I have family that work for the NSAC, I don't need to watch that highlight, because I watched that fight when it happened. I still think McGregor has more power than anyone Floyd has fought other than DeLaHoya. Marquez packs a punch. Delahoya packs a more powerful punch, IMO the most powerful that has tested floyd, and I think McGregor hits even harder. Maybe you should watch some highlights of him knocking out guys in MMA that have never been knocked out before with a single punch.

I didn't leave myself any outs. I DON'T think McGregor will win, but I DO want him to. My point is this: Anyone saying he has ZERO chance is a clown and is just covering their own ass should he land a haymaker and put floyd on the canvas.
Not sure if anyone here actually said he has ZERO chance against Mayweather--(maybe I missed it?)

Of course he has a chance.... Anyone has a chance in any game, fight, match, etc.....

The real question is: Does he have a REALISTIC chance? I say no.....

Vegas isn't wrong too many times...........

Edit: I take it back: some have said he has 0% chance.

Last edited by blackbears86; Yesterday at 09:02 PM.
blackbears86 is offline   Reply With Quote