Blowout Cards Forums
April Showers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
kevdog73

Default Full tilt

Looking for a $20 to play with. Dont want to spend $50. If you have pm me and I can paypal you.

Thanks
Old 04-14-2009, 09:07 PM   #2
iluvfish2

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

pm sent...fyi I figured it out...just need a username!
Old 04-15-2009, 12:17 AM   #3
Incarnadine

You should try the Full Tilt Chris Ferguson challenge, no deposit needed.

Online Poker at Full Tilt Poker - All Promotions: Chris Ferguson Challenge

I'm still in the early stages but its fun seeing how far you can go starting with $0.00

Here's my progress so far...

Signed up April 7

Apr. 7- 0, no placing in the freerolls
Apr. 8- 0, no placing in the freerolls
Apr. 9- 0, no placing in the freerolls
Apr. 10- 1T$ (tournament dollar). Finally placed in a freeroll, ironically a Ferguson tourney that pays 1T$ for placing in the top 100 out of 2700 which can be converted to real $ at 95% so my bankroll stands at $0.95
Apr. 11- Starting balance $0.95, using the lowest limit exemption to play open tables $0.01/$0.02 blinds and a minimum $0.40 buy in. End of the day total $2.66
Apr. 12- Starting total $2.66, ending total $3.63
Apr. 13- Starting total $3.63, ending total $5.59
Apr. 14- Starting total $5.59, ending total $8.67
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:02 AM   #4
jacobbigshow

Good luck with the Chris Ferguson Challenge that is what I basically did. I took $100 and made it into $10,000 in like 6 months. It is a very fun challenge, just don't jump the gun and over extend yourself and move up the limits too fast or you will blow your bankroll in one bad day.

On the subject of FT I have about 150,000 full tilt points and I don't really want anything from their store. If anybody wants an Ipod or a GPS or whatever they have in that store I can get it to you for free shipping and 95% of the average Ebay prices. Below is the link to the store.

Online Poker at Full Tilt Poker - Store
Old 04-15-2009, 09:20 AM   #5
Incarnadine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobbigshow View Post
Good luck with the Chris Ferguson Challenge that is what I basically did. I took $100 and made it into $10,000 in like 6 months. It is a very fun challenge, just don't jump the gun and over extend yourself and move up the limits too fast or you will blow your bankroll in one bad day.
Yeah, I'm being very carefull and following the rules to the letter. I don't plan to make my first "level up" until I hit $25, that should leave me 5 $1 table buy ins which would be under the 5% limit before I'd have to go back down again if I get on a cold streak.
I almost forgot about the FTP's, I have about 60 now, I guess I could start using them soon.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:58 AM   #6
jacobbigshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incarnadine View Post
Yeah, I'm being very carefull and following the rules to the letter. I don't plan to make my first "level up" until I hit $25, that should leave me 5 $1 table buy ins which would be under the 5% limit before I'd have to go back down again if I get on a cold streak.
I almost forgot about the FTP's, I have about 60 now, I guess I could start using them soon.
Yes not only are those rules good to follow to make it $0 to $10,000, those rules are good at making a living. I max level I play in is $110+9, and according to that rule I should have at least $5,950. However you can still easily go broke cause I have had some swings of 3-4K in a couple of days. So the Ferguson challenge is still a challenge cause you are still pushing the limit...if you only have $200 and are playing $4 MTT or buying into no limit games for for $10 you can still go broke....it is just a matter of lowering limits when you go below $100. It is a very tough challenge and in 6 months you can meet the challenge it shows that you are a very good player....cause remember not only do you have to beat the game, you have to beat the rake, very hard, especially in lower limits when the rake is a higher %.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:08 AM   #7
Incarnadine

Right now I'm finding the lowest limit fairly easy, there are just so many bad bad players. I'm just playing very tight and only bringing $0.50 to the table but I have a little "all-in" rule I've been using. If I have a super premium hand like Q-Q, K-K, A-A or A-K and anyone raises in front of me I just push all-in. If everyone folds I consider it a risk free pot, if I get a caller I know the vast majority of the time I'll be a big favorite and I'm happy to play the odds. What's amazing is what I see I'm getting called with, hands like Q-2 suited or J-8 offsuit (that one cracked my K's preflop) and a lot of A-rag calls.

After playing jokerstars, err, pokerstars for years I notice a big difference in how the supposed "odds" play out vs. Full Tilt. On PS god help you if you have A-A, I had that hand cracked 9 consecutive times (5 were pre-flop all-ins) and it seemed every time I saw someone with that hand it lost a lot, at full tilt so far my A-A's are an expected 8 and 1 (the 1 loss was against Q-Q so at least it wasn't a junk hand). I made $ at pokerstars but you couldn't pay me to play there again. lol
Old 04-15-2009, 02:25 PM   #8
jacobbigshow

Incarnadine all poker sites look rigged cause when you play so many at once you will get those Aces cracked a lot. In 1 hour I had my aces cracked 4 out of 4 times on FT....wish the government would regulate it already so people can stop saying it is rigged (which includes me saying it too)
Old 04-20-2009, 11:21 PM   #9
kevdog73

Spent the last $20 looking for another. Pm me if you can do a paypal for poker.