Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 100

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 06-27-2017, 10:14 PM   #26
dustin42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin42 View Post
No. You said "I personally would rather see it up for sale for .25 cents or whatever than sitting in a closet gathering dust." You are saying what you did or would do. And the kids comment is just dumb. Go write comments on news stories or Reddit. Not here.
Yes please explain how I ripped you off as you just threatened me by PM. I want to hear your story.
dustin42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:16 PM   #27
OLDPAPER
Banned

Doubt COMC cares...but they are getting blasted on their Facebook page
OLDPAPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:17 PM   #28
shrevecity

Quote:
Yes please explain how I ripped you off as you just threatened me by PM. I want to hear your story.
YOu bought a card from me then filed a complaint with Ebay despite it showing as delivered, Ebay ruled in my favor. Ebay removed the neg you left me, but the feedback I left you still sits there on your account.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:19 PM   #29
dustin42

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
YOu bought a card from me then filed a complaint with Ebay despite it showing as delivered, Ebay ruled in my favor. Ebay removed the neg you left me, but the feedback I left you still sits there on your account.
BS

prove it
Old 06-27-2017, 10:19 PM   #30
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDPAPER View Post
Have they ever cared about anything submitters say?
Old 06-27-2017, 10:20 PM   #31
dustin42

Quote:
LOL
Shoujld we really out you for tghe Ebay scammer you are? You bought something from me last year and tried to rip me off. So do you really want to go there little boy.

This is your PM. Explain exactly what I bought. You know you are full of it. You just made that up to try to scare me.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:22 PM   #32
shrevecity

Quote:
BS

prove it
It was over a year ago (March 2016 to be exact). I just have that you were already on my BBL when I checked why it was for "fraudulent non-delivery claim, my favor neg removed." I don't keep details on claims just enough to jog my memory when something comes up.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:26 PM   #33
dustin42

Quote:
It was over a year ago (March 2016 to be exact). I just have that you were already on my BBL when I checked why it was for "fraudulent non-delivery claim, my favor neg removed." I don't keep details on claims just enough to jog my memory when something comes up.
BS. You are making that up. If you are going to accuse me of something prove it.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:26 PM   #34
shrevecity

But back to the point beofre you got your feeling hurt because someone dared to voice their opinion. The reason I don't submit anymore is due to the number of damaged cards that were being returned undamaged. I have a sub of 400 over 100 were returned. It was simply because they were getting close to the deadline.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:27 PM   #35
shrevecity

Quote:
BS. You are making that up. If you are going to accuse me of something prove it.
YOu're the one who brought it public. All because your wittle feelings got hurt.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:28 PM   #36
dustin42

Quote:
But back to the point beofre you got your feeling hurt because someone dared to voice their opinion. The reason I don't submit anymore is due to the number of damaged cards that were being returned undamaged. I have a sub of 400 over 100 were returned. It was simply because they were getting close to the deadline.
BS. Prove it. What cards did they return damaged. How did I rip you off.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:29 PM   #37
dustin42

Quote:
YOu're the one who brought it public. All because your wittle feelings got hurt.
Link your eBay account to your BO account. Why you hiding it?
Old 06-27-2017, 10:31 PM   #38
shrevecity

Quote:
Link your eBay account to your BO account. Why you hiding it?
Because its not the brightest thing to do, ask Addison. He used to post his on here, but had people messing with his. Has happened to several others here as well. I think jmscoggin had it happen to name one.

And I no longer sell cards due to buyers like you. As I said I sold 99% of my cards.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:39 PM   #39
dustin42

Quote:
Next you going to call me a snowflake? Prove that I ripped you off. Don't have the proof on your eBay account? I have zero negatives on mine. Go check.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:15 PM   #40
JustMoe

Quote:
Thanks for pointing this out...it is blowing up over there, and not a COMC rep in sight. Someone is going to get a shock when they get to work tomorrow...
Old 06-28-2017, 02:18 AM   #41
JustMoe

Quote:
Have they ever cared about anything submitters say?
They used to care...there's even that sticky thread Tim started, saying he wanted a place "to post any questions, suggestions, or testimonials" - Tim was proud to be able to integrate customer suggestions into COMC; that's how the Mailbox came into being.

But, that was then and this is now...They don't have an active voice on the board and their social media is just used for making announcements and not actually engaging with their users.

I'm guessing it's just about the bottom line these days - which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but there needs to be some balance with giving the people what they want/need/can use.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:32 AM   #42
wphill02

The changes don't bother me as someone who normally is only sending in new(current year) cards so I really like the new processing services. I won't have to use premium much anymore and can send just about anything I used to send premium in the 1 week service level.

Unfortunately, I think this looks worse overall because COMC talked about potentially lowering the cash out fees with the move to eBay. Not a peep about that(unless I missed it), but now they are raising submission fees which is going to annoy a lot of people. I don't think there would have been as much backlash if they had never mentioned lowering the cash out fees.
Please Note: I do all my transactions through COMC. This DOES NOT mean you need a COMC account to buy my card. You can still buy it directly through COMC using PAYPAL but we will need to agree on a price here because you can only buy it for the price I have it listed at on COMC. Just PM me and we can negotiate a price. Thanks!
wphill02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:40 AM   #43
BBallCT

Quote:
I also noticed it last night

I figure COMC will ride the wave until it cools down and bank that people will adopt it within a few weeks
Old 06-28-2017, 10:03 AM   #44
mrwalken

This is good news for people with lots of cards under $1 on the site, as it will be harder for sellers to add new copies to compete.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:22 AM   #45
bradical

This is what I don't understand, selling on COMC vs eBay - you are automatically losing an additional 10% on your sales, minimum.

With their 20% cash out fees, it seems silly to sell on COMC.

Old 06-28-2017, 10:29 AM   #46
adamdavidson47

It's not silly at all. You aren't including shipping/supply costs that you are saving by selling on comc. Not to mention, you can always buy some high end cards instead of cashing out, avoiding the 20%
Old 06-28-2017, 10:38 AM   #47
bradical

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamdavidson47 View Post
It's not silly at all. You aren't including shipping/supply costs that you are saving by selling on comc. Not to mention, you can always buy some high end cards instead of cashing out, avoiding the 20%
Good call. Forgot about shipping.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:53 AM   #48
Soxrule111

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradical View Post
Good call. Forgot about shipping.
Your also, to my knowledge missing out on the Return problem. If Aaron Judge has a season ending injury, 50% of ebay sales will be returned, you would have to deal with that. I assume I will not have that problem with COMC. They cant take the money out of my account and redeposit it to mine IMO.

So that right there is worth the 10% extra.
Soxrule111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:54 AM   #49
sjscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradical View Post
This is what I don't understand, selling on COMC vs eBay - you are automatically losing an additional 10% on your sales, minimum.

With their 20% cash out fees, it seems silly to sell on COMC.

not to mention the loss of time.
On ebay you can list the item in 30 seconds.
you have to wait for it to get to comc, then wait for them to process it.
sjscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:57 AM   #50
sjscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxrule111 View Post
Your also, to my knowledge missing out on the Return problem. If Aaron Judge has a season ending injury, 50% of ebay sales will be returned, you would have to deal with that. I assume I will not have that problem with COMC. They cant take the money out of my account and redeposit it to mine IMO.

So that right there is worth the 10% extra.

both companies will take returns.
sjscout is offline   Reply With Quote