Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 10-31-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
Kingbudd

Default eBay Lost/Stolen Card in Shipping

I recently purchased a card from a new member on eBay. After a week the individual had not shipped the card or responded to any of my emails. Finally the individual sent an email saying that it was shipped and included a tracking number. So five days go by and I check on the status of the tracking number, it stated that it was delivered the day before. So I contact the post office they don't have it, check with my neighbors and they don't have it, so I open a case with eBay. The seller never comments or responds to the case and I escalate the case for final determination after reaching cutoff for response from the seller. Today I get word that I "LOST" the case because the tracking number shows delivered. I noted this in the case in the first place when I submitted the case to eBay, but the problem is I never received the card. So now I am appealing eBay's findings, but I want to know what happens next. Am I really out $195? I truly don't believe the individual sent the card, but I don't know.

Sellers name is nwsports.girl
Kingbudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:23 PM   #2
MasterOfTheDark

I've seen this happen a couple of times (there are a couple of threads around here about it). Usually the package shows up anywhere from the next day until a couple of weeks after.

Best thing to do is talk to the person who delivers your mail, that's who messed up. That's the person that scanned the package as "delivered", and is responsible for what is going on, so maybe he/she will remember the package and will realize they put it in the wrong box. Or maybe they will remember it and tell you it was delivered to your box, meaning it was stolen.

I'd also talk to your local post office and have them looking for it. Talk to your neighbors as well and see if maybe one of them had it in their box.

And yes, you're out the $195 unless you find the card. DC says "delivered", so neither Ebay nor Paypal will find in your favor. Even insurance wouldn't have done you any good since the post office won't pay out a "not received" claim since they are the ones saying it was delivered.

Good luck finding it.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
Kingbudd

Yeah already talked to the delivery man, he was off on the day it was supposedly delivered and the guy deliveriing that day was a temp. Thanks for the information!
Old 10-31-2012, 07:46 PM   #4
Travis590

Had this happen to me as well, been 5 days since it was "delivered" I have contacted the postal service everyday since. Still no luck .
Travis590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:01 AM   #5
cking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
I've seen this happen a couple of times (there are a couple of threads around here about it). Usually the package shows up anywhere from the next day until a couple of weeks after.

Best thing to do is talk to the person who delivers your mail, that's who messed up. That's the person that scanned the package as "delivered", and is responsible for what is going on, so maybe he/she will remember the package and will realize they put it in the wrong box. Or maybe they will remember it and tell you it was delivered to your box, meaning it was stolen.

I'd also talk to your local post office and have them looking for it. Talk to your neighbors as well and see if maybe one of them had it in their box.

And yes, you're out the $195 unless you find the card. DC says "delivered", so neither Ebay nor Paypal will find in your favor. Even insurance wouldn't have done you any good since the post office won't pay out a "not received" claim since they are the ones saying it was delivered.

Good luck finding it.
If this is true then whats to stop every single seller on Ebay from just mailing empty bubble mailers with delivery confirmation? This is why they have buyer protection.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:05 AM   #6
freeman2jackson
Banned

You should file a claim with the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and state the who deal and submit the claim.
freeman2jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:43 AM   #7
MasterOfTheDark

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
If this is true then whats to stop every single seller on Ebay from just mailing empty bubble mailers with delivery confirmation? This is why they have buyer protection.
Check the very first post of the thread, he already filed with Ebay and lost because DC said "delivered". The seller didn't even bother to respond to the case since they knew there was zero chance of them losing. It is well known all over the boards that if DC says "delivered" the buyer will lose any Ebay or Paypal case. You've got almost 5,000 posts, I'm surprised this is news to you...

Here's a recent discussion about it:

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/f...-question.html

Sellers need protection as well, so policies and procedures have to be fair for both sides. Without that protection, there would be zero sellers. Not one. In a case like this, the person with the weakest case is the buyer. The seller has the receipt that they bought the postage, they provided the tracking number, and it shows as "delivered". The post office shows it as "delivered" (my incoming packages don't get that scan until the lady is sitting in front of my box and scans it with a handheld device), which proves they had the item in hand. All the buyer has is their word that they didn't get the item. That's the weakest case of any of the three entities involved, even if the buyer is telling the truth. And if the buyer is telling the truth, then the fault/blame is completely on the post office to rectify the situation, since they are at fault. That's why I suggested the OP talk to his carrier, neighbors, and local office. The local carrier had it in hand and scanned it, hopefully his neighbors like him and are trustworthy, and the local office can make sure it gets looked for (and hopefully found). Other than hoping the package magically shows up on its own, it's all he can do to try to locate the package and not be stuck without the item or the cash.

Last edited by MasterOfTheDark; 11-01-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #8
cking

Quote:
Check the very first post of the thread, he already filed with Ebay and lost because DC said "delivered". The seller didn't even bother to respond to the case since they knew there was zero chance of them losing. It is well known all over the boards that if DC says "delivered" the buyer will lose any Ebay or Paypal case. You've got almost 5,000 posts, I'm surprised this is news to you...

Here's a recent discussion about it:

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/f...-question.html

Sellers need protection as well, so policies and procedures have to be fair for both sides. Without that protection, there would be zero sellers. Not one. In a case like this, the person with the weakest case is the buyer. The seller has the receipt that they bought the postage, they provided the tracking number, and it shows as "delivered". The post office shows it as "delivered" (my incoming packages don't get that scan until the lady is sitting in front of my box and scans it with a handheld device), which proves they had the item in hand. All the buyer has is their word that they didn't get the item. That's the weakest case of any of the three entities involved, even if the buyer is telling the truth. And if the buyer is telling the truth, then the fault/blame is completely on the post office to rectify the situation, since they are at fault. That's why I suggested the OP talk to his carrier, neighbors, and local office. The local carrier had it in hand and scanned it, hopefully his neighbors like him and are trustworthy, and the local office can make sure it gets looked for (and hopefully found). Other than hoping the package magically shows up on its own, it's all he can do to try to locate the package and not be stuck without the item or the cash.
See if someone did this to me I would just file an item not as described case and send an empty bubble mailer back with a dc# and I would be getting my refund.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #9
MasterOfTheDark

Quote:
See if someone did this to me I would just file an item not as described case and send an empty bubble mailer back with a dc# and I would be getting my refund.
So you would knowingly break the law by committing mail fraud?

I get it that people want to hang sellers out to dry, even on what is clearly a postal mistake (not the seller's fault), but it does speak volumes about those people's character.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #10
theautographkid
Banned

Quote:

I get it that people want to hang sellers out to dry, even on what is clearly a postal mistake (not the seller's fault), but it does speak volumes about those people's character.
It's only illegal, if he gets caught
theautographkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #11
cking

Quote:

If I bought a card and someone sent me an empty bubble mailer and ripped me off then yes I would do it right back to them. How am I trying to hang sellers out to dry? I am not referring to a postal problem. I am talking about me purchasing an item on Ebay and the seller knowingly ripping me off by sending me an empty bubble mailer with a dc#. YOU ARE SAYING EBAY WILL NOT GIVE ME A REFUND. SO TOMORROW IF A THOUSAND SELLERS DO THIS TO BUYERS EBAY WILL DO NOTHING ABOUT IT?
Old 11-02-2012, 02:38 AM   #12
MasterOfTheDark

Quote:
If I bought a card and someone sent me an empty bubble mailer and ripped me off then yes I would do it right back to them. How am I trying to hang sellers out to dry? I am not referring to a postal problem. I am talking about me purchasing an item on Ebay and the seller knowingly ripping me off by sending me an empty bubble mailer with a dc#. YOU ARE SAYING EBAY WILL NOT GIVE ME A REFUND. SO TOMORROW IF A THOUSAND SELLERS DO THIS TO BUYERS EBAY WILL DO NOTHING ABOUT IT?
You're the only one talking about sellers sending empty bubble mailers.

We are/were discussing an item showing "delivered" when a buyer says it wasn't.

Last edited by MasterOfTheDark; 11-02-2012 at 02:55 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #13
Kingbudd

Well, the card finally arrived after almost a month. And guess what, the seller had already redeemed the card (Bryce Harper Black Parallel). I contacted the seller prior to bidding to even ask if it was redeemed and they said no since they didn't state it in the auction. So I am back to eBay to make a final determinations.

Again, block nwsports.girl he/she is nothing but trouble.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #14
XL5

This one? 2012 Bowman Chrome Bryce Harper Black Auto Redemption Card RARE Hit | eBay

I see $142, not $195, which is kind of "too good to be true" for the real deal. But it doesn't matter that much.

Here's the description. Very sneaky but you might have a problem:
Quote:
RARE
2012 TOPPS CHROME
BRYCE HARPER BLACK REFRACTOR AUTO
REDEMPTION CARD!
RARE

THERE ARE ONLY 100 OF THESE CARDS!

RARE! MINT COND. codes used. LIMITED! RARE!

IN TOP LOADER, AND SLEEVE! NICE CARD AND A MUST HAVE FOR ANY COLLECTOR!!!
The part where it says "codes used" kind of covers it.

OTOH, the condition says "Like New" which means no wear so you might have a shot there.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:22 AM   #15
Kingbudd

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
This one? 2012 Bowman Chrome Bryce Harper Black Auto Redemption Card RARE Hit | eBay

I see $142, not $195, which is kind of "too good to be true" for the real deal. But it doesn't matter that much.

Here's the description. Very sneaky but you might have a problem:

The part where it says "codes used" kind of covers it.

OTOH, the condition says "Like New" which means no wear so you might have a shot there.
Sorry my mistake on the price. That's why I emailed and specifically asked if the code was used or redeemed and they said no. So i even emailed them back to confirm and the said they scratched it but otherwise the code was good to redeem from Topps. I forwarded the emails to eBay and we will see. It's just been one month of problems with the seller from no communication to lost in transit, and now this. Again, sorry for misquoting the price.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #16
MetDude

whatever the situation may be with this transaction,
the nwsports.girl individual has 16 total feedbacks with
one neutral, one neg (left by the OP) and 9 false positives.

eBay Feedback Profile for nwsports.girl

GL OP
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:40 AM   #17
checkoutmydeals

I'm sorry this happened to you.

If the post office says it was delivered, it has nothing to do with the eBay seller. It might be possible that the package is still at the post office. I would recommend physically going to the post office and talking to them.

Sometimes "delivered" just means that it reached the zip code. Sometimes "delivered" means that it was given to some other occupant of the address. Sometimes "delivered" means it was dropped off at the neighbor's. Sometimes "delivered" means that it was dropped on your doorstep, and some lowlife scumbag stole your package. Sometimes "delivered" means the buyer got the package, but misplaced it (though that doesn't seem to be the case here).

Either way, a seller can't do anything to magically show a non-delivered package as "delivered" in the USPS system. At the very least, I would recommend filing a claim with USPS for a lost or rifled package (whatever they're calling it these days). Sometimes the package will show up after that, though it's not likely. But it's worth a shot.
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #18
gsxr1000mxz800

This is why I dont buy from people with low feedback and why I use my credit card to fund all purchases on paypal as a second level of protection. I charge pretty much everything I buy each month and pay it off and the very few times I have had problems with anything the credit card companies backed me up no problem.
gsxr1000mxz800 is offline   Reply With Quote