Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

Notices

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

Old 03-27-2010, 04:22 PM   #51
iuhoosierbb

Today brought Rick Reuschel, former major league pitcher. He signed 3/3 in blue in 8 days.
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:45 PM   #52
iuhoosierbb

I received a Kal Daniels 1/1 signed in black sharpie with his number inscribed today. This one only took 9 days.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:25 PM   #53
iuhoosierbb

3/4 successes today after a two day drought!

Bad news first...I have read that if you send to Stan Musial requesting an autographed postcard he would sign it...otherwise you would get back an unsigned postcard. Well, I tried and it still came back unsigned. Luckily I got him to sign an index card when I was a kid, and I have that mounted with a framed 8x10 of him and it looks good.

Jim Calhoun sent me an autographed 8x10 picture signed in silver like the others that have been posted. This was requested through email.

Danny Wuerffel signed 3/3 in about a month's time. He signed in black sharpie. This is a nice addition for my Heisman collection!

Sebastian Janikowski signed 2/2 signed in black marker. Both were personalized to me. This took under two weeks.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:05 PM   #54
iuhoosierbb

I was out of town Friday night. When I returned this evening, I had yesterday and today's mail waiting. Some good news...

Marv Levy 2/2 personalized in black sharpie 11 days

Phil Simms 3/3 signed in blue sharpie 43 days (very happy to get this one)

Bernie Kosar 3/3 signed in black 38 days

Ron Kittle 3/3 signed in black sharpie

Not TTM....but my Steiner ordered Jim Brown 8x10 autographed photo was also waiting for me! I have been wanting his autograph for some time. I also framed my 16x20 autographed photo of Peyton Manning I got from Steiner a couple months back.

Last edited by iuhoosierbb; 04-06-2010 at 06:50 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:48 AM   #55
danmecum51

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhoosierbb View Post
I was out of town Friday night. When I returned this evening, I had yesterday and today's mail waiting. Some good news...

Marv Levy 2/2 personalized in black sharpie 11 days

Phil Simms 3/3 signed in blue sharpie 43 days (very happy to get this one)

Bernie Kosar 3/3 signed in black 38 days

Ron Kittle 3/3 signed in black sharpie

Not TTM....but my Steiner ordered Jim Brown 8x10 autographed photo was also waiting for me! I have been wanting his autograph for some time. I also framed my 16x20 autographed photo I got from Steiner a couple months back.
thats a great mailday! Marv Levy is a great one to get and bernie kosar! congrats
Old 04-05-2010, 03:29 PM   #56
iuhoosierbb

I had 2/3 successes today. The good news first...

Don Baylor signed 3/3 in black sharpie. 2 weeks time.

Jeff Reardon signed 3/3 in blue sharpie in about 2 weeks time as well.

The bad news...

Shaun Alexander came back RTS...unable to forward, so I need to find a good address to resend this one.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:52 PM   #57
iuhoosierbb

Today was a good one...

Will Clark signed 1/1 in a blue sharpie. This one took about 4 weeks. I actually sent him 2 requests...first to his home, then to spring training...I can't remember which one this was! It was postmarked from Louisiana where he lives. I always thought he was a great player...although kind of an a**. I have been wanting to add his autograph to my collection for awhile though!
Old 04-06-2010, 11:33 PM   #58
danmecum51

Quote:
Today was a good one...

Will Clark signed 1/1 in a blue sharpie. This one took about 4 weeks. I actually sent him 2 requests...first to his home, then to spring training...I can't remember which one this was! It was postmarked from Louisiana where he lives. I always thought he was a great player...although kind of an a**. I have been wanting to add his autograph to my collection for awhile though!
damn! my will clark TTM is already out since Feb 15th ! Hope it comes back... nice mailday!!
Old 04-07-2010, 10:58 AM   #59
iuhoosierbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmecum51 View Post
damn! my will clark TTM is already out since Feb 15th ! Hope it comes back... nice mailday!!
I am sure yours will be coming soon. Another poster got his in the day before mine arrived...so hopefully yours comes today! Good luck!
Old 04-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #60
iuhoosierbb

Today brought a success...kind of...

Larry Johnson signed 3/3 in black sharpie ...however the cards were smudged badly. I might have to send to him again in a few weeks.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #61
iuhoosierbb

1 of 2 successes today and a big time vent coming from me regarding my "failed success."

First the good news...Jimmy Key signed 1/1 in about 3 weeks. He signed in blue sharpie.

The bad news...Goose Gossage just screwed me over. I sent him 1 card plus a $10 cash donation (which is what others were saying he required to sign). Today the card came back unsigned in my return envelope, and you guessed it...he kept the $10! I am a little agitated right now. I clearly stated in my letter that I was making a donation in exchange for his time to sign the card. What a jack$%#!!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 03:43 PM   #62
sportscards1013

Quote:
1 of 2 successes today and a big time vent coming from me regarding my "failed success."

First the good news...Jimmy Key signed 1/1 in about 3 weeks. He signed in blue sharpie.

The bad news...Goose Gossage just screwed me over. I sent him 1 card plus a $10 cash donation (which is what others were saying he required to sign). Today the card came back unsigned in my return envelope, and you guessed it...he kept the $10! I am a little agitated right now. I clearly stated in my letter that I was making a donation in exchange for his time to sign the card. What a jack$%#!!!!
That's horrible-if he did that on purpose he's a jerk! He is a Yankee though, so it is expected.
sportscards1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:24 PM   #63
Jacquo1972
Banned

Quote:

What a world class douche! I would have the red booty too if I were you.
Jacquo1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:46 PM   #64
RedSox82696

Quote:

He is known to do that. I read once a while back he signed a photo twice. One overlapping the other. He doesn't focus on signing stuff. He is often talking on the phone or being distracted by something else, and is not the best of signers.

I'd be just as mad as you. Luckily it was only $10. Willie Mays has done it to others when they sent over $100.

But $10 is $10, and you have every right to be mad. I'd send him a letter and see if you can get him to sign it. Explain it, but be polite. Hopefully he will sign it.

Good luck!
RedSox82696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:34 PM   #65
iuhoosierbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox82696 View Post
But $10 is $10, and you have every right to be mad. I'd send him a letter and see if you can get him to sign it. Explain it, but be polite. Hopefully he will sign it.

Good luck!
Yeah...I am fairly ticked off. I have not decided yet if it is worth it to resend him another request with a note explaining what happened. Especially if he has a track record of it. I think I will only send checks from now on for $10 or more. I will take the weekend and think about if I should resend. Thanks to everyone for the input!
Old 04-10-2010, 01:02 AM   #66
Ramtart

Quote:
Yeah...I am fairly ticked off. I have not decided yet if it is worth it to resend him another request with a note explaining what happened. Especially if he has a track record of it. I think I will only send checks from now on for $10 or more. I will take the weekend and think about if I should resend. Thanks to everyone for the input!
Hey buddy, sorry about what happened and you had to be the victim of it. Here's wishing you many more good ones than bad. I hate to say it, but, Shame on you Goose!
Ramtart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:00 AM   #67
danmecum51

dude, send him the letter. Get your auto from him... what a prick
Old 04-12-2010, 03:05 PM   #68
iuhoosierbb

Well after the Goose Gossage fiasco from Friday, today was the best day I have had in quite some time TTM....I received 8 responses today...all positive (with 5 HOFers)!

Randall Cunningham signed 2/2 in black sharpie in about 2 weeks time. I sent to his Church in Vegas with a $5 donation. I have wanted this one for awhile and was happy and shocked that he responded so quickly.

Raymond Berry (HOF) 4/3 signed in blue sharpie. He is AWESOME! He not only signed my 2 cards and index card with a personalization and his "HOF 73 inscription", but he enclosed his own card as well. He signed big and bold on the index card as well! Very pleased with this one. He also sent me an advertisement for his dvd with a personal note on it.

Charlie Joiner (HOF) signed 2/2 in blue sharpie. He signed a card and an index card. He included his "HOF 96 inscription" as well. He added the following on the index card "To Chris: The best to you in all you do". Very nice.

Lenny Moore (HOF) signed 2/2. He signed both a card and index card in blue sharpie with his "HOF 75" inscription. He did send me a note stating that due to Ebay fraud he charges $10 per autograph and states that he trusts that I will send it to him if I can afford it. I will send him a $10 check...as I wouldn't have paid $10 for the index card...but will pay him for signing the card. His auto is bold and sharp.

Bob Lily (HOF) 1/2. He signed the card I sent him with his number and "HOF 81" inscribed in blue sharpie. Very nice auto. He wrote on the index card that I sent him "Sorry Chris, but I don't sign index cards." I actually laughed at this as it took him longer to write the note than sign the card, but I was happy with the autographed card. He also sent a price list.

BASEBALL:

Lee Macphail (HOF) Personalized 2/2 index cards with his "HOF 98" inscribed.

Tom Brunansky- signed 3/3 cards in blue sharpie with personalization and "Best wishes" on each. Bold and nice looking signature

Lonnie Smith- Signed 2/2 cards in blue sharpie with personalization and "Best wishes" inscribed. Another nice looking, bold signature.

Also coming in today...Bruce Sutter, Rollie Fingers, and Earl Weaver certified autographed cards from Ebay...3 more HOFers to my collection!

Last edited by iuhoosierbb; 04-12-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:19 PM   #69
Ramtart

Awesome returns! I have some Tommy Bruno cards set aside and I think I'll send those later this week. Good job on the HOF's!
Ramtart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:25 PM   #70
raiderguy10

Great to get back on track.

FYI - Some won't sign index cards because they are easily copied and athletes worry about identity fraud with index cards. It happens more than you'd think. It's always better to send cards, and use index cards as a last resort.

My HOF Autograph PC Needs: NONE - 100% COMPLETED!!!!
raiderguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:01 PM   #71
iuhoosierbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderguy10 View Post
Great to get back on track.

FYI - Some won't sign index cards because they are easily copied and athletes worry about identity fraud with index cards. It happens more than you'd think. It's always better to send cards, and use index cards as a last resort.
Yeah, today was definitely a better day. I typically only use index cards when I don't have a second card to send the player. I like the cards signed better anyway. But I appreciate the heads up!

On another note, I sent Goose Gossage back out today with a letter stating what happened...so we shall see if he signs the card or not...
Old 04-14-2010, 02:37 PM   #72
iuhoosierbb

Today was a pretty good day...

Kevin Butler signed 4/4 in black sharpie....I needed this one for part of my Super Bowl Bears collection.

Gino Marchetti (HOF) signed 1/1....which was great, but unfortunately it got smeared ...I will have to resend this one.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:38 PM   #73
raiderguy10

Quote:
Today was a pretty good day...

Kevin Butler signed 4/4 in black sharpie....I needed this one for part of my Super Bowl Bears collection.

Gino Marchetti (HOF) signed 1/1....which was great, but unfortunately it got smeared ...I will have to resend this one.
Is he still charging $10? If you enclose a donation he usually sends extras.....

Old 04-14-2010, 02:39 PM   #74
iuhoosierbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderguy10 View Post
Is he still charging $10? If you enclose a donation he usually sends extras.....
I didn't send a donation...maybe I will send a few bucks with my request.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:40 PM   #75
raiderguy10

c/o Home? I may have to try him again. I got him a couple years ago. First time I didn't send a donation and didn't hear anything. Next time I included $10, got mine plus 2 extras. Well worth the $10 and the hastle