Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Blowout's Fantasy Football League > Other Fantasy League

Notices

Old 02-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #126
Jwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouts2 View Post
I'm at work. I'llsend email when I get home. Or maybe check your spam box for the invite. As for minors, I need everyone's opinion on what to do. I can tell you that guys like Archie Bradley and castellanos were both not in the system last year otherwise they would've been taken. What should we do with the teams that are missing minors?
I think allowing us to get the guys in this past years frat is unfair because everyone hasn't had a chance with them. Maybe just first come first serve on the players who have rookie status who are not in their first year in the minors (so no buxton Dahl etc until maybe at the end of the actual draft or some other kind of draft) just an option I guess lol I'm fine with whatever
Jwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #127
dab282

I think if you didn't carry or do not have enough minors you have to wait until the draft to pick up more.

I'd also say, if we don't want to keep some of the 4 minors we have we shouldn't have to.

You can either have a separate minor league draft after the regular draft (minor leaguers can still be drafted in regular draft, but you can move them to the minors until after the draft, then you can pick up another major leaguer); or make the draft have 4 extra rounds and for each minor leaguer you keep you loose your last pick (ie: if you if the draft is 22 rounds, add 4 to make it 26, then if you kept 3 minor leaguers you only pick for 23 rounds).

There should be no (zero) offseason add/drops, rosters should be completely frozen save trades, which should be open at this point, before we set our keepers so people who may have 7 or 8 keeper worthy players can try to do 2 for ones or even trade for draft picks.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:46 AM   #128
slugger82685

Send a message via AIM to slugger82685

we need to figure out this minor league thing, i only have 3 minors and I dont want any of them lol
Old 02-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #129
trouts2

Send a message via AIM to trouts2

ok lets set a date to finalize keepers. Then afterwards we can moveon with our draft. I like Dab's idea of going forward with the regular draft and allowing you to draft minor leaguers during that time. At the end of the draft, you MUST have 21 major league players and 4 minor league players. The minor league players you can draft at anytime and during this time.

If you already have 4 minor league players, you do NOT have to keep them, you can draft all new players however you MUST state which minor league players you wish to give up prior to the draft starting. This way everyone knows who is fair game. I will keep a list posted somewhere with all the minor league players taken so far so there will be no confusion. So with that said, if your team is full and you no longer wish to change your minors, then you do not have to draft the entire 25 rounds (21 mlb, 4 minors).

I will set a deadline to set your keepers for this Friday February 15th at ~9pm eastern, 6pm pacific time. Once keepers are finalized, we'll get the teams ready to go for the draft.

Draft order:

1.slugger82685
2.jwalker
3.BOSTON77YANKEES
4.Honey Nut Ichiros
5.SETHMURPHY
6.YANKSBILLSFAN
7.WCTYSON
8.trouts2
9.TheHeel
10.dab283
11.FUNGI2510
12.Jedi500
13.LINDROS810
14.DACUBS
15.NODIE27
16.chittychitty844 .
trouts2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #130
SethMurphy

Is the draft a snake draft or is it like the pros and each round will be the same as the original order?
Old 02-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #131
chittychitty844

Looks good...is there a chance that any points/rules changes will be done before the deadline to finalize keepers? Not sure about others, but it could very well affect who I keep etc...my apologies if I missed this being addressed already...I will go back through the posts and see what I missed...

Quote:
ok lets set a date to finalize keepers. Then afterwards we can moveon with our draft. I like Dab's idea of going forward with the regular draft and allowing you to draft minor leaguers during that time. At the end of the draft, you MUST have 21 major league players and 4 minor league players. The minor league players you can draft at anytime and during this time.

If you already have 4 minor league players, you do NOT have to keep them, you can draft all new players however you MUST state which minor league players you wish to give up prior to the draft starting. This way everyone knows who is fair game. I will keep a list posted somewhere with all the minor league players taken so far so there will be no confusion. So with that said, if your team is full and you no longer wish to change your minors, then you do not have to draft the entire 25 rounds (21 mlb, 4 minors).

I will set a deadline to set your keepers for this Friday February 15th at ~9pm eastern, 6pm pacific time. Once keepers are finalized, we'll get the teams ready to go for the draft.

Draft order:

1.slugger82685
2.jwalker
3.BOSTON77YANKEES
4.Honey Nut Ichiros
5.SETHMURPHY
6.YANKSBILLSFAN
7.WCTYSON
8.trouts2
9.TheHeel
10.dab283
11.FUNGI2510
12.Jedi500
13.LINDROS810
14.DACUBS
15.NODIE27
16.chittychitty844 .
Old 02-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #132
Jwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
Is the draft a snake draft or is it like the pros and each round will be the same as the original order?
The other keeper league Im in (8 teams) is

But we haven't done minors so that's a totally new concept for me

Last edited by Jwalker; 02-12-2013 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #133
Nodie27

Quote:
Last year it was snake draft so I assumed it would be the same. (now that I'm at the back end of the draft I'm hoping it stays the same!)
Old 02-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #134
Jwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodie27 View Post
Last year it was snake draft so I assumed it would be the same. (now that I'm at the back end of the draft I'm hoping it stays the same!)
The first year draft (new league or non keeper league) is always snake that way it doesnt penalize the team with the last pick.

Ha me and you are on opposite SIDES of the draft so we of course have our preferences

The reason my other keeper league does the 123 123 format is that the team in last place is usually very undermatched with talent and it allows the league to be more balanced and we've had success with it (have never lost a league member)
Especially with replacement owners who have taken over shittay teams lol
(not too bad just added that for dramatic purposes)
Old 02-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #135
chittychitty844

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodie27 View Post
I couldn't find the post, but was also under the impression it would be a snake draft every year....
Are we posting ideas for points/changes here or on the league page?
Thanks
Old 02-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #136
trouts2

post point changes here. I was think snake draft, but I'd like everyones opinions on that. ALso lmk what points you want adjusted
Old 02-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #137
Nodie27

Quote:
post point changes here. I was think snake draft, but I'd like everyones opinions on that. ALso lmk what points you want adjusted
I vote for snake draft but I may be partial since I'm second to last.

I think Holds should have less of a value. That's all I can think of right now. Oh and my team should start out with a +50 point advantage.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:17 AM   #138
chittychitty844

Some of these may be good, some not, and maybe all not but if we are not using 6 add/drops maybe knock it down to 4 to allow ideally 2 batting and 2 pitching changes...seemed last year that a few teams ran into quite a few injuries and had a good part of their team on the bench/IR list...
Points wise-
Perfect Game-7-8 points
Complete Game-5 points
Hold-3 points
Saves-3 points

Triples- 4 points
Cycle-6 points

maybe also not having so many bench/DL spots?
As for the draft, I would like to hold to the snake draft like we started.

Having said all that, I am not so vested in any changes that I would have a meltdown if any did not pass etc...HaHa I just want to have a fun time like we did last year and when all is said and done I am sure we will all make the necessary adjustments to whatever rules/points are decided on.
Also Welcome to the New owners..Thanks for stepping up and hope to pull off a lot more trades this year...I am addicted to trading, no matter what it is I am trading..
Old 02-13-2013, 07:12 AM   #139
Dacubs

I'd say stick with a snake draft...

Points wise, I think holds should be worth less than saves...yes, they are important in real baseball, but I think having them the same as saves diminishes the value of a closer...
3 pts saves
2 pts holds

I like triples being worth the same as a homer since triples are harder to get than homers, plus homers get the extra run and rbi tally as well, but not that big an issue to me

Bench spots keep as 4, dl spots as 2....figure that gives 6 spots if you are hit that hard with injuries...

any other point stuff, I don;t really care about....just planning on kicking chitty butt this year....
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:19 AM   #140
chittychitty844

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
I'd say stick with a snake draft...

Points wise, I think holds should be worth less than saves...yes, they are important in real baseball, but I think having them the same as saves diminishes the value of a closer...
3 pts saves
2 pts holds

I like triples being worth the same as a homer since triples are harder to get than homers, plus homers get the extra run and rbi tally as well, but not that big an issue to me

Bench spots keep as 4, dl spots as 2....figure that gives 6 spots if you are hit that hard with injuries...

any other point stuff, I don;t really care about....just planning on kicking chitty butt this year....

Wait, wait....WHAT?
Old 02-13-2013, 08:06 AM   #141
Dacubs

That's right you heard me!!!....

I'm going huntin' for some Rare Alaskan Chitty Butt...and when I catch it, I'm gonna kick it all over the U S of A!!!

Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #142
TheHeel

Hey guys.....

I am new to the league and I do not want to stir anything up.

In my experience, I found that using the default settings was always the best.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #143
chittychitty844

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Hey guys.....

I am new to the league and I do not want to stir anything up.

In my experience, I found that using the default settings was always the best.
Troublemaker.... Haha. J/K

It would be easier if we all agreed, but not as much fun

Defaults are what I use in a yahoo league and seems to work fine also
Old 02-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #144
SethMurphy

I don't know if I am a fan of the snake draft only because with 16 teams it still leans towards favoring the teams that were in the playoffs last year. After keepers the first pick hen doesn't pick again until 32, where as the league champ gets 16&17. Just my opinions
Old 02-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #145
trouts2

heres the current ponts setup

Batting
Singles (1B) 1 Doubles (2B) 2
Triples (3B) 5 Home Runs (HR) 5
Walks (BB) 1 Runs Scored (R) 1
Runs Batted In (RBI) 1 Stolen Bases (SB) 2
Strikeouts (K) -1 Intentional Walks (IBB) 1
Game Winning RBI (GWRBI) 3 Hitting for the Cycle (CYC) 5

Pitching
Innings Pitched (IP) 3 Earned Runs (ER) -1
Wins (W) 3 Losses (L) -3
Saves (SV) 5 Strikeouts (K) 1
Hits Allowed (H) -1 Walks Issued (BB) -1
Holds (HD) 3 Complete Games (CG) 3
No Hitters (NH) 5 Perfect Games (PG) 5
Old 02-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #146
slugger82685

Triples-4
Perfect game-6
Holds-2
Old 02-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #147
slugger82685

also, if we are doing minors within the draft, is it possible to make it so that the people who are keeping 4 minors arent allowed to draft minors as well?....seems like an unfair advantage for people to want different minors players on their team
Old 02-13-2013, 09:33 AM   #148
chittychitty844

Quote:
I don't know if I am a fan of the snake draft only because with 16 teams it still leans towards favoring the teams that were in the playoffs last year. After keepers the first pick hen doesn't pick again until 32, where as the league champ gets 16&17. Just my opinions

I do understand what the thoughts are in what you are saying. These are my thoughts on the snake draft...and Please keep in mind this is not meant to offend anyone...

We drafted last year on a level playing field...some of us traded/added/dropped to get a better team throughout the season and it seems (I could be wrong) kind of gave up when they were losing. I did not have a great team by any means, at the start...I got lucky on a couple of pick ups (kris Medlin really helped) and bugged a few people for trades to get anyone solid. I thought Crawford and Ortiz were nice pickups and look what happened to those knuckleheads...

I just think that since we started this league on a level field for the draft, why should those of us that made the playoffs get penalized for doing what we needed to do to get our teams together and get in the playoffs?

So what happens if we go with a 123...123...123... Draft, and the same teams make it In The playoffs again? Do we then not let those playoff teams draft at all until the other teams draft all the players they need?

I know it sucks for the newer guys that are taking over a team, but that was laid out up front that it would be a team from last year....I,would definitely be a little pissed at the previous owner IF they had just quit in the team last year and not tried to improve it....

This is a Dynasty league so every year I would think someone new will step up to take the title (except DaCubs) with a little luck and some trades and management...

It seems the teams that had decent records were not just sitting on their thumbs all season and I do not feel they should be penalized for actually managing their team all year...I think at some point most of us used the system we were using to our advantage one way or another and with the changes this year we will figure out what works and does not work and do it again...

That's the short of it...pm me for the longer, more detailed version...haha

AGAIN...NOT MEANT TO OFFEND ANYONE..Please trade with me still
Old 02-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #149
Jwalker

Quote:
And its more realistic, every keeper league I've been in has went MLB draft rules. If you don't the league will not be as balanced and you'll have people leave the league every year due to not being competitive. Again I'm basing this off of past league experiences.its really the only way in helping out the last place teams. I won the league two years ago and the next year I still got second and the team who was second to last won the league.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #150
Jwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittychitty844 View Post
I do understand what the thoughts are in what you are saying. These are my thoughts on the snake draft...and Please keep in mind this is not meant to offend anyone...

We drafted last year on a level playing field...some of us traded/added/dropped to get a better team throughout the season and it seems (I could be wrong) kind of gave up when they were losing. I did not have a great team by any means, at the start...I got lucky on a couple of pick ups (kris Medlin really helped) and bugged a few people for trades to get anyone solid. I thought Crawford and Ortiz were nice pickups and look what happened to those knuckleheads...

I just think that since we started this league on a level field for the draft, why should those of us that made the playoffs get penalized for doing what we needed to do to get our teams together and get in the playoffs?

So what happens if we go with a 123...123...123... Draft, and the same teams make it In The playoffs again? Do we then not let those playoff teams draft at all until the other teams draft all the players they need?

I know it sucks for the newer guys that are taking over a team, but that was laid out up front that it would be a team from last year....I,would definitely be a little pissed at the previous owner IF they had just quit in the team last year and not tried to improve it....

This is a Dynasty league so every year I would think someone new will step up to take the title (except DaCubs) with a little luck and some trades and management...

It seems the teams that had decent records were not just sitting on their thumbs all season and I do not feel they should be penalized for actually managing their team all year...I think at some point most of us used the system we were using to our advantage one way or another and with the changes this year we will figure out what works and does not work and do it again...

That's the short of it...pm me for the longer, more detailed version...haha

AGAIN...NOT MEANT TO OFFEND ANYONE..Please trade with me still
Your not penalized. You get to keep your great pickups. Medlen is one of the best. A starting pitcher who you can keep in a rp spot