Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

Notices

HOCKEY Post your Hockey Cards Hobby Talk

Old 04-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #1
rippit

Default Selling redemption codes on Ebay

I just pulled a Rookie Redemption card out of a box of 2012-13 Upper Deck. I was planning on listing it on Ebay as a sale for the code only - that way it would be open to Canadian buyers because I wouldn't have to worry about shipping it with registered mail.

So now, let's suppose someone buys the card on Ebay and pays with PayPal. I send them the code via Ebay messages, they redeem it, everyone is happy. Now, let's suppose that buyer files an item not received claim. I didn't ship them anything, so I obviously don't have any proof of delivery.

My question is, am I covered by Ebay and PayPal because I have the Ebay message showing that I sent the code to the buyer, or am I hosed? Has anyone had this experience with a buyer?
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #2
ProspectGuy9

If I were you, in the description of the item, I would just say that the code will be messaged using ebay messages, not mailed. That way, if they were to report you, you can just show ebay that you explained this in your item description.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippit View Post
I just pulled a Rookie Redemption card out of a box of 2012-13 Upper Deck. I was planning on listing it on Ebay as a sale for the code only - that way it would be open to Canadian buyers because I wouldn't have to worry about shipping it with registered mail.

So now, let's suppose someone buys the card on Ebay and pays with PayPal. I send them the code via Ebay messages, they redeem it, everyone is happy. Now, let's suppose that buyer files an item not received claim. I didn't ship them anything, so I obviously don't have any proof of delivery.

My question is, am I covered by Ebay and PayPal because I have the Ebay message showing that I sent the code to the buyer, or am I hosed? Has anyone had this experience with a buyer?

Photobucket: http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac354/RyanBostonRedsox9/
ProspectGuy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:09 PM   #3
hermanotarjeta

Don't fall for this trap. I believe it is against ebay policy to sell "codes/information" directly. The customer can claim non-receipt, or a non-functioning code, and they will get a refund.

DON'T do it.
hermanotarjeta is online now   Reply With Quote