Blowout Cards Forums
NFL Draft

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 05-19-2010, 12:07 AM   #1
suki24

Default Ebay getting flooded

Man, with releases of TT and AM so close to each other, cards are popping up like crazy on ebay, ppl are so desperate for money and little patience, they're listing absolute cards for one day listing.
suki24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:20 AM   #2
oshmeehan

Quote:
Originally Posted by suki24 View Post
Man, with releases of TT and AM so close to each other, cards are popping up like crazy on ebay, ppl are so desperate for money and little patience, they're listing absolute cards for one day listing.
That's how it is with every new release, lots of people list the stuff for only 1 day auctions
Old 05-19-2010, 12:25 AM   #3
boombaby_rm31

yes, TT is selling like crap now. nobody bids on most of the cards so most of it are selling low

anyways, wow
2009-10 TIM TREASURES VINCE CARTER MAGIC LOGO PATCH 1/1 - eBay (item 230475446362 end time May-18-10 21:25:22 PDT)
boombaby_rm31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:33 AM   #4
suki24

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombaby_rm31 View Post
yes, TT is selling like crap now. nobody bids on most of the cards so most of it are selling low

anyways, wow
2009-10 TIM TREASURES VINCE CARTER MAGIC LOGO PATCH 1/1 - eBay (item 230475446362 end time May-18-10 21:25:22 PDT)
I don't if I should be awed by that card? Is that supposed to be a good price or is that too high? I don't follow that choker Vince Carter.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:41 AM   #5
Blake
Banned

Quote:
I don't if I should be awed by that card? Is that supposed to be a good price or is that too high? I don't follow that choker Vince Carter.
Looks really high to me for just a tag and no auto.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:40 AM   #6
boombaby_rm31

the kobe just sold for $550
Old 05-19-2010, 07:57 AM   #7
TungTLe

Quote:
it sold pretty high, cause this is Carters first game used items in a Magic uniform. and damnit he played like Nick Anderson last night (ie. when Anderson choked on two free throws in the 94-95 Finals)
TungTLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:02 AM   #8
duplechien

All these Panini releases so close togther and all similar in style are really hurting the value of recent card collecting/selling.

http://s1020.photobucket.com/albums/af329/duplechien
duplechien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:20 AM   #9
alexlazarevich

Quote:
Originally Posted by duplechien View Post
All these Panini releases so close togther and all similar in style are really hurting the value of recent card collecting/selling.
I'm starting to agree with you. If they are going to flood the market like this and lower the value of mid-high end cards, then they need to lower the cost of the product out of the gate. But that's not going to happen unless a lot of people stop buying it at $100/box. And apparently that hasn't happened because they are selling lots of this stuff. Some collectors buy simply for the enjoyment and hold the cards in their personal collection. But there must also be a lot of collectors willing to lose money by flipping this product. I mean, the base set commons are selling for $0.99 in lots, if they even are selling. An oncard Kobe auto going for $160? Wow. That's nuts.

I tell you what, if you are a collector simply for fun of it and buying stuff for your personal collection, now is a GREAT time to be buying cards off Ebay.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:55 AM   #10
bmc398

Quote:
Originally Posted by alazarevich View Post
I'm starting to agree with you. If they are going to flood the market like this and lower the value of mid-high end cards, then they need to lower the cost of the product out of the gate. But that's not going to happen unless a lot of people stop buying it at $100/box. And apparently that hasn't happened because they are selling lots of this stuff. Some collectors buy simply for the enjoyment and hold the cards in their personal collection. But there must also be a lot of collectors willing to lose money by flipping this product. I mean, the base set commons are selling for $0.99 in lots, if they even are selling. An oncard Kobe auto going for $160? Wow. That's nuts.

I tell you what, if you are a collector simply for fun of it and buying stuff for your personal collection, now is a GREAT time to be buying cards off Ebay.
Agreed. The only bad part of that is that they all look the same! lol

The good part is, there will be plenty of this wax left over for when rookies hit it big in the future and there will be somehting to rip with a likely shot at getting those guys.

Just like Bowman Baseball right now, this stuff is a dime a dozen.
bmc398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:45 AM   #11
suki24

Quote:
Originally Posted by alazarevich View Post

How much did on card Kobes auto going back then?
Old 05-19-2010, 09:52 AM   #12
tristan20
Banned

As soon as everything dries up value will go up, there is way too much supply now, So now is the time to buy.

Its very very sly of Panini to release absolute 1 week later, I dont get it. Maybe they know Timeless was going to flop so they threw crappy cards into it.

I am staying far far away from all Panini products, there is absolutely no way that they justify value.
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:42 AM   #13
suki24

wow@this card

LEBRON/KOBE/SHAQ/KG TIMELESS TREASURES JERSEY #23/25! - eBay (item 170485494510 end time May-19-10 19:21:07 PDT)

Even though mine is KG/Shaq/Tmac/Kobe quad /25, I got a steal with the 14th pick in my Group Break. So many people passed up this card, which are patches from all their rookie years and 3 of them are proven champions.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:56 PM   #14
boombaby_rm31

Quote:
wow@this card

LEBRON/KOBE/SHAQ/KG TIMELESS TREASURES JERSEY #23/25! - eBay (item 170485494510 end time May-19-10 19:21:07 PDT)

Even though mine is KG/Shaq/Tmac/Kobe quad /25, I got a steal with the 14th pick in my Group Break. So many people passed up this card, which are patches from all their rookie years and 3 of them are proven champions.
its like that because it is numbered to lebrons jersey
Old 05-23-2010, 01:22 AM   #15
mike barnes

For the most part I do not buy much panini product exept a few established brands

like a case or 2 of prestige each year in FB and some other x donruss stuff I just don't like how their product seems to look the same across a lot of brands

altough I buy tons of topps Chrome each year (like 4 cases of each sport offered ) but i normally crush it pretty good

and topps basic has treated me good in every sport with the addition of sps thats why i stick to prestige even with a bad hit you have a secound most of the time and a pile of rookies a pretty good bang for the buck anything else i normally just buy second hand. kobe autos for 40sih are sweet while they have flooded the world with them
mike barnes is offline   Reply With Quote