Blowout Cards Forums
April Showers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > JBrooks & houdini's Breaks & Player Auctions > The Completed Breaks

Notices

The Completed Breaks These are closed out, but you can still view them.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #251
bboi30

Man this one is gonna be a biggin indeed. Wonder if it actually will be the biggest player draft.

Glad I sent my list in early....

MY PC NFS/NFT: http://www.zistle.com/bboi30/collections/baseball
bboi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:32 PM   #252
JohnfromtheBay

I'll take two spots.
JohnfromtheBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #253
Tai

Please put me down for 2 spots. Thanks
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:43 PM   #254
homerunoveryou

I'll take 2 more for a total of 6
homerunoveryou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #255
trouts2

Send a message via AIM to trouts2

Sorry if this has been asked already, but how are the "rare" refractors, normal refractors, and base cards split up for sterling? On the first page it looked like the "rare" ones will be a separate slot, as will the refractors, and base.
trouts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:17 PM   #256
houdini

We are full!

Axeldog15 wins the free spot #423.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouts2 View Post
Sorry if this has been asked already, but how are the "rare" refractors, normal refractors, and base cards split up for sterling? On the first page it looked like the "rare" ones will be a separate slot, as will the refractors, and base.
Regular refractors will be included with the base lots, rare refractors will be additional hits. All hits remaining will be randomed amongst all 423 spots.
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #257
houdini

I have been building a list for you to use as a reference for several hours now... please wait to see this list before you send me your list. Thanks.

No payments until we are moved to active, but the totals are correct (we already have a price quote from Chris) - so PLEASE be prepared to pay as soon as we are moved.

Thanks.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:27 PM   #258
enjoyale81

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
I have been building a list for you to use as a reference for several hours now... please wait to see this list before you send me your list. Thanks.

No payments until we are moved to active, but the totals are correct (we already have a price quote from Chris) - so PLEASE be prepared to pay as soon as we are moved.

Thanks.
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!
enjoyale81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:21 PM   #259
zpk35

Send a message via AIM to zpk35

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post

Thanks.
I'll send you my list tomorrow, thanks!!
zpk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:36 PM   #260
houdini

Here is a monster post about lists...

First, here is my example list... if you fail to provide a list or if your list is incomplete or just a jumble of incoherent crap, I will have no choice but to use this list. (Allow me to apologize in advance.)

Houdini BDDP Sterling Example Draft List.txt

Now, many of you are concerned because I have made a full list a requirement. I do realize that (just like my 24 hour payment deadline) this is a pipe dream.

However, we all know that there will be a handful of no-shows for draft time. Happens with every draft, every time. So, send me your list!

Sure, you have every intention of being there for the draft... guess what? $H*T happens! You get busy, you forget, you lose your internet connection...

What happens if you are all excited about getting your PC player's auto spot and suddenly you are kicked off the internet? The draft clock is 2 minutes! By the time you have logged back on, re-entered my ustream page, and watched the 30 second Degree ad (en espanol) I have already auto-picked some other player that you do not want.

Solution? Send me your list!

We will be drafting LIVE on ustream (or blogtv). The draft clock is 2 minutes. Why is that? Because we have 423 picks to be made!

Here is a scenario (example only): we go active on Tuesday morning... payments are in by Wednesday morning... we get the order randomed on Wednesday afternoon and order the cases... you have 24 hours to buy/sell/trade... we begin the draft at 8pm est thursday night and go to around midnight or so... (hopefully we get through half the draft) we finish the draft on friday night... you have until the cases arrive to buy/sell/trade... hopefully we can start the break Saturday afternoon around 6pm est.

This is all fantasy and guesswork... but it is potentially possible.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:49 PM   #261
peafour

I'm sorry in advance if this is a stupid question, but we'll know before hand where our picks will fall, right? I just wanted to make sure that i'm reading it right, and we'll have time in between the random and the draft to get you our lists.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:50 PM   #262
bryun

Sounds great.. I like your list... I will edit it a bit and use it I think...

Any chance doing draft on TUE???

I get home at around 9:40-10:00 PM est , so will be there then... should work out great....
bryun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:59 PM   #263
houdini

Yeah, good question (below)!

Here is the thing... (and I am hesitant to mention it because someone will misunderstand and send me a list that is too short)

I only need a list as long as your latest pick... so, if you have spots #32, #132, and #250... I need a list that is 250 picks long... if your last pick is #400, I need a list that is 400 picks long. See? If you are confused, just send me a full list.

I do not need the list until a few hours before the draft. DO NOT SEND ME A LIST 5 MINUTES BEFORE THE DRAFT! As a matter of fact, the list deadline is 3 hours prior to the draft! Why? Because they are 423 spots long and I have to print them all out. (Trust me - printed lists are more manageable.) It takes awhile to print these lists... and if I get 10 of them just as the draft starts I won't have time to organize them. So, if your list is late, it won't be used.

Remember, no matter where your spots fall, your list should not change. Your #100 draft position will be your #100 draft position no matter where your picks are...

I know a bunch of you are not going to send me a list... or you are going to send me 30 names and say "just pick from that." This is a mistake.

Just sayin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by peafour View Post
I'm sorry in advance if this is a stupid question, but we'll know before hand where our picks will fall, right? I just wanted to make sure that i'm reading it right, and we'll have time in between the random and the draft to get you our lists.

Last edited by houdini; 07-04-2011 at 05:32 PM. Reason: changed #100 pick to "#100 draft position" to avoid confusion
Old 07-04-2011, 12:25 AM   #264
houdini

More list help:

Dachman 5 case BDPP break.txt

Pskell02 5 case BDPP December.txt

Example of a 2010 Bowman Sterling Case Break

Possible List of Available Superfractors (not exhaustive - not possible - just a help)
Old 07-04-2011, 07:49 AM   #265
ExpFacilitators

Send a message via Yahoo to ExpFacilitators

I have almost my whole list complete looking forward to this one for sure. Let's hope the random doesnt screw me as harshly as last time
Old 07-04-2011, 08:25 AM   #266
cardinalscards4

I'm out based on the live 2 minute clock draft. i tjought it would be like all the other player drafts where we draft in the thread with 2 hour pick clocks.. im on vacation and everything i do on vacation is via my phone & i cannot go to blogtv or ustream on my phone...also making a 400 pick long list on my phone is out of the question.
cardinalscards4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:43 AM   #267
papiis01

Yea I am going to have to drop out as well with this 2 min clock.
papiis01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:51 AM   #268
kevinshreves

Toss me down for 10 reserve spots.
kevinshreves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:17 AM   #269
kelleys1

I am going to stay in but why the rush to complete the draft all at once. When will the cases be in? Once the random is done, we can start the draft as with normal player time constraints. Then maybe the day before the cases arrive, do the draft in 2 min clock like u suggested?

Just a thought....
Old 07-04-2011, 09:38 AM   #270
Nung20

you guys do realize if we do a 2 hour time for each pick it will take 35 days to complete that draft with 423 spots..
Nung20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #271
zw15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleys1 View Post
I am going to stay in but why the rush to complete the draft all at once. When will the cases be in? Once the random is done, we can start the draft as with normal player time constraints. Then maybe the day before the cases arrive, do the draft in 2 min clock like u suggested?

Just a thought....
I do like this idea.....It would be more fun if we had more time for topper picks to draft players.
zw15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:59 AM   #272
enjoyale81

I like the list idea, mainly because I don't want the draft to take forever. The rules for this break were also clearly stated from the beginning. Suck it up and let's go!
enjoyale81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #273
Bruvydsb

I don't get people dropping out now? I'm pretty sure the OP has had all the info listed from day 1. Just sayin'
Bruvydsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:35 AM   #274
ReinholdMessner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruvydsb View Post
I don't get people dropping out now? I'm pretty sure the OP has had all the info listed from day 1. Just sayin'
Bingo.... he did, but I do like the idea of slowing down the first 50-100 picks and then going to the 2-minute list from there
ReinholdMessner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:36 AM   #275
crazy8parlay
Banned

I've always thought 2 hours is too long, but 2 minutes is way too short. I did a player draft with Bow Sterlling with a 30 minutes limit and it went smooth as butter, we were done the draft in 2 days. Had plenty of lists from participants, just push for lists and it will go fast.
crazy8parlay is offline   Reply With Quote