Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 100

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:24 AM   #1
alexcampos

Default Lance Armstrong was the doping "Ringleader" according to USADA!

Investigators say cyclist Armstrong was doping ringleader - Yahoo! News

His legacy has been forever ruined.

Say what you will about his great work with Cancer, but as an athlete he turned out to be a complete fraud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
Hotel rooms were transformed into blood banks as riders were given late-night transfusions, doctors were paid off and competitors were warned about tests in advance....
Furthermore, according to USADA, Lance Armstrong was much more than just a user, he was supplying it to all his teammates:

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
USADA's dossier was the most comprehensive report detailing his alleged transgressions and the agency said it had provided undeniable proof Armstrong was the center of a sophisticated doping program.
"His goal led him to depend on EPO, testosterone and blood transfusions but also, more ruthlessly, to expect and to require that his teammates would likewise use drugs to support his goals if not their own," the report said. "The evidence is overwhelming that Lance Armstrong did not just use performance enhancing drugs, he supplied them to his teammates."
This has to be one of the GREATEST falls from grace in the History of American athletes....

What a huge fraud Armstrong actually was....
Old 10-11-2012, 05:32 AM   #2
iBLeeDBaTTLeReD

"What a fraud" says the bandwagon fan of an athlete that turned his back on the city of Cleveland and all his true fans. Then had the audacity to slap them in the face by making a show about it on national television At least Lance never turned his back on the U.S.A or his fans The good that came out of this is all the funds and support for Cancer Research his legacy brought. I'd rather this than the BS Lebron pulled breaking the hearts of hundreds of thousands of hardcore fans that literally worshipped the ground he walked on by taking the coward way out of a city that would bend over backwards for him for a ring Let the hazing begin, lol.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:35 AM   #3
avjp87

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD View Post
"What a fraud" says the bandwagon fan of an athlete that turned his back on the city of Cleveland and all his true fans. Then had the audacity to slap them in the face by making a show about it on national television At least Lance never turned his back on the U.S.A or his fans The good that came out of this is all the funds and support for Cancer Research his legacy brought. I'd rather this than the BS Lebron pulled breaking the hearts of hundreds of thousands of hardcore fans that literally worshipped the ground he walked on by taking the coward way out of a city that would bend over backwards for him for a ring Let the hazing begin, lol.
big ass difference dude
avjp87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:44 AM   #4
Chaz
Banned

I'm going with everybody in the race dopes and lance and the US just got caught and it's a way bigger deal because he is the most popular cyclist ever. Just my Opinion
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:28 AM   #5
fungi2510

There is no truth out there on this. Everything is so tied up in webs of lies. All these guys have been dopers. Why are they to be trusted now? Makes so little sense to me. The USADA is a witch hunting organization that cannot be turned away. Where were these reports 8 years ago? I am not saying that he was clean by any means, but who has been? You cycle and win, guess what: YOU CHEATED. I am wondering when they will go and vacate Greg LeMond's titles from the 80s or whenever. What a joke.

I am disappointed in you Alex on this one. Saying that all the man has done for the WORLD is gone because he cheated (just like every other cyclist). Really? The man almost died and was able to come back and no matter what, WON. He encouraged so many to do better, and nothing you can say can take that away from them.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=dmkeil02
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #6
dthimesch

Does nothing to diminish him in my eyes. just like in baseball everyone is/was doing it so there is still a level playing field and he still won 7 consecutive races.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #7
WilsonValdez

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungi2510 View Post
There is no truth out there on this. Everything is so tied up in webs of lies. All these guys have been dopers. Why are they to be trusted now? Makes so little sense to me. The USADA is a witch hunting organization that cannot be turned away. Where were these reports 8 years ago? I am not saying that he was clean by any means, but who has been? You cycle and win, guess what: YOU CHEATED. I am wondering when they will go and vacate Greg LeMond's titles from the 80s or whenever. What a joke.

I am disappointed in you Alex on this one. Saying that all the man has done for the WORLD is gone because he cheated (just like every other cyclist). Really? The man almost died and was able to come back and no matter what, WON. He encouraged so many to do better, and nothing you can say can take that away from them.
Are people really seriously still in this much denial?
Old 10-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #8
Prospect Rush
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Yes!

He brainwashed em real good.
Prospect Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #9
mma138

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
Does nothing to diminish him in my eyes. just like in baseball everyone is/was doing it so there is still a level playing field and he still won 7 consecutive races.
yep , and it makes me laugh when people think that baseball is "cleaned up" now .
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #10
Weiss19

I guess it's just lame that he denied it for so long when everyone else was coming clean.

Riding at the pro level in Europe at that time though, you couldn't even finish a race if you weren't doping. There's nothing wrong with the athletes, it was the cycling culture at the time.

My Bucket
http://s788.photobucket.com/albums/yy166/Weiss19/Personal%20Collection/LeSean%20McCoy%20PC/
Weiss19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #11
MI Rob
Banned

This is still going on? Who honestly cares?
MI Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #12
Chaz
Banned

Legalize it all I wanna see super athletes.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #13
Prospect Rush
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiss19 View Post
I guess it's just lame that he denied it for so long when everyone else was coming clean.

Riding at the pro level in Europe at that time though, you couldn't even finish a race if you weren't doping. There's nothing wrong with the athletes, it was the cycling culture at the time.
Oh I understand now. If everyone else is stealing then I may as well.

Thanks for the clarification
Old 10-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #14
fungi2510

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
I know you are new to be unsuspended, but read what I wrote. I never claimed that he did not do it, but my claim is that everyone that has won has cheated. I think it was a coordinated effort to bring him down. Whether he cheated or not is not the crux of my piece, it is that bringing him down because he did what everyone else did is ignorant. Now if you want to show me people who survived ball cancer to be one of the greatest athletes of our generation, then I will rescind my statement and say that Armstrong did nothing for the world, and he is just a cheater, nothing else.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=dmkeil02
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #15
ilovethelakings
I make a lot of posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
Oh I understand now. If everyone else is stealing then I may as well.

Thanks for the clarification
How the hell can you relate stealing to a person using performance enhancing drugs? When you steal from someone, there is a victim. When you use drugs, you are just screwing yourself up in the long run. Not everything is so black and white that you can state if this then that. Time for me to roll my eyes
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #16
Prospect Rush
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
How the hell can you relate stealing to a person using performance enhancing drugs? When you steal from someone, there is a victim. When you use drugs, you are just screwing yourself up in the long run. Not everything is so black and white that you can state if this then that. Time for me to roll my eyes
Roll away. His logic is flawed that's all I was trying to say.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #17
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
You're stealing from anyone else competing in the sport who is not using PEDs. You are also stealing from your sponsors. IIRC, the USPS sued him on those grounds.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #18
slugger82685

Send a message via AIM to slugger82685

where is the physical proof? he never failed a drug test, all the "evidence" is just here-say so until some real proof comes out, i am not going to view him any differently
Old 10-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #19
Prospect Rush
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
You're stealing from anyone else competing in the sport who is not using PEDs. You are also stealing from your sponsors. IIRC, the USPS sued him on those grounds.
Ya what he said!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #20
mwheeler27

PEDs, doping or not, he's done wonders while on this planet.

I will always like him and am proud to own these:

mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #21
StraightCash

Doesn't change my view of him one bit. PEDs and cycling go hand in hand anyway.
StraightCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #22
Chaz
Banned

Sports and PEDS go hand in hand. Everybody wants to be the best and some use drugs to get there.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #23
alexcampos

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD View Post
"What a fraud" says the bandwagon fan of an athlete that turned his back on the city of Cleveland and all his true fans.
Um....this isn't about me....I'm only posting a story, I have no idea why you would even bring this up?

Seriously, what does Lebron have to do with anything?

We're talking about Lance here....
Old 10-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #24
alexcampos

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungi2510 View Post
He has done great work for cancer research, but I clearly said that as an "Athlete" his legacy is ruined, he turned out to be a fraud.

The evidence is damning and I have no reason to believe that USADA is out to get him for no reason.

BTW....there's a 1,000 page report where they interview former teammates of Armstrong and they all admit that he was doping and was supplying them with dope as well.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #25
Lockdown32

Sad so many people think that because something is done by so many even though it is now illegal that it's ok. Just because people had been doing it an getting away with it doesn't mean it's ok. This is why we have so many scammers and bigtime money schemes now. So many people feel they are entitled because everybody else is doing it. Wrong is wrong.