April Showers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 04-28-2013, 11:16 PM   #26
dasiegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Yeah that's smart play someone in the second round that hasn't played with any of the team all year

Just sit out the whole year and come back strong next year
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymj View Post
So he'll come back and go against the heat? Most likely the bulls will lose with or without rose, but if rose comes back and lose, it will hurt his confidence, chance injury again, and bulls fan will further blame him for losing.
+1s all around, you can't just come back and play the highest level of playoff basketball. at this point he should just come back healthy next year, he is very young, its not like this is his last shot.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:51 PM   #27
PackAttack419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin View Post
1. Rose from the beginning, very beginning, has said the same thing: He is NOT coming back until he is 100%. At the time, everyone was fine with that because they secretly assumed he'd be back after the All Star Break. Rose never game any promises of when he'd return; it's the fans that got impatient with him.

2. I don't think he thinks he's above anyone else on his team. He's played through injury before, especially last year.

3. If you actually have followed the Bulls over the past 3 years, the Bulls are simply a different team. Joakim Noah has become more of a facilitator, and the Bulls chemistry and team passing have all improved. Boozer is probably having his best Bulls' season, and Jimmy Butler has improved significantly. If you don't believe me look at the numbers; I think we are near the top 5 of assists per basket made this year, while in 2009-10 we were lower.

4. Bulls are 3-1 against the Heat this season in regulation I believe. You can say that doesn't mean something... but actually it DOES. Bulls have exposed major vulnerabilities in the Heat, ie. our length, size, physicality, and rebounding.

5. I HATE it when people say 'what's the point if you're not beating the Heat." If you think the Heat or so high and almighty, then what's the point of having anyone play at all if they're only going to lose? Why even have a regular season? Why don't we just crown them from day 1? When you say that you are undermining the heart and soul that these players have put into the game.

6. Why wouldn't we want Rose back? His teammates have said he is still the best player on the floor (during his scrims post-surgery.) From what I've seen and read, the chances of Rose re-risking injury is low. He can only help the team, even with 10-15 minutes a night.
i dont like the bulls and i dont like the heat. but this post is ridiculous because let's be honest... if you lived in, for example, boston or OKC or L.A., you would not keep defending derrick rose. you're simply defending your team. you wanna be a bulls and rose fan, that's fine. but dont act like what i said wasnt true. im glad im not a fan of player or a team that needs to beg their mvp superstar back "even with 10-15 minutes a night".
(for the record, im a celtics/rondo, and dallas/dirk fan. and rondo played with one arm in a playoff game one time to beat the heat.)

and nowhere am i crowning the heat lol. i want to see knicks/grizz finals. im not saying they shouldnt play the games, but i just hate reading comments about rose, as if he's the savior. he wasnt in his mvp season, and he certainly wouldnt be the deciding factor now. that's all im saying. this thread was to discuss rose's potential return in the second round. im here discussing it. there's no way his investors and PR will allow him to return now. it'll only makes things worse for him. he'll have to answer a million more questions as to why he didnt return for round 1; why only round 2 when they have advanced; is it because he's facing the heat now, etc. the people with his interests in mind will advise him that he's better off now to lay low, let it blow over in the offseason and come back with a fresh start and just let his game do the talking.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:18 AM   #28
Bizzydesigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowDisease View Post
This is an article on bleacher report. Lets not take it too seriously
It was also in the Chicago tribune and other credible sources.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:21 AM   #29
blastman

smash on these miami fools d rose
blastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #30
groundsupport
Banned

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

If Rose was to return, he would have returned by now.

If you think he is in good enough game shape to return against Miami, your sadly mistaken.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:05 AM   #31
JK8283

I would love to have DRose back, regardless of what has happened up to this point. Bottom line, we have a small chance to advance with him and no shot in hell without him. All this is assuming he decides he would like to come back now because he is 100% healthy.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:01 AM   #32
Bizzydesigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
If Rose was to return, he would have returned by now.

If you think he is in good enough game shape to return against Miami, your sadly mistaken.
But when Reggie speaks, that's usually the source of truth. His brother and BJ Armstrong run things.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:13 PM   #33
blastman

i won't give up on d rose or the bulls

i'm gunning for him in round 2
blastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #34
whiteboybill

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastman View Post
i won't give up on d rose or the bulls

i'm gunning for him in round 2
Neither will I...I know the kind of work ethic he has, and honestly didn't even expect him back until next year. He's in the gym early, leaves late, and puts the time in to be great! I'm still PC'ing him if anyone has any Rose's they want to dump
Old 04-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #35
thenwhatjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzydesigner View Post
But when Reggie speaks, that's usually the source of truth. His brother and BJ Armstrong run things.
x100000000
thenwhatjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:29 PM   #36
howethegreat

My two scenerios(odds are neither would happen)
Rose comes back in second round epic story
or
Bulls somehow beat the heat go the finals than Rose returns I think that would be a dick move on his part, its like thanks team for doing all the hard work now ill play.
howethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #37
Lockdown32

For everyone saying he might as well sit out the season and come back strong next year are on crack. Sitting out another 4-5 months is going to make him rusty as all heck. He needs to get back on the court and get used to game situations. Play 5-10 minutes. He isn't going to be running the team. Get him on the court. Playing in a regular season game is supposed to be a part of his rehab. Giving him another 4-5 months for him to be stuck in his head would be more of a bad thing then playing.