Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 09-05-2017, 12:38 PM   #26
bedler

Send a message via Yahoo to bedler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonm2121 View Post
What a mess, sounds like a giant scam to me. I miss Topps and Upper Deck.
I miss UD 2009 and below. College UD sucked. Topps #@#@#@#@ the fan before leaving so they got what they deserved imo. Neither will be back in football.

Since 2013 all companies have over produced and now there's less products without Topps and UD around. Topps was filling chrome with straight ish before departing and creating all kind of crap product. Ultimately 1 company is best product wise imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2017, 12:41 PM   #27
bedler

[QUOTE=NeonStatus;12713564]Nice pick up on the complete run on the Gold Prescott's. I wonder how many gold sets they printed.

Did they even release a statement as to what happened with the autographs? This is a reason that cards from this brand have little value on the secondary market.

Well shoot prizm is daks top chromium card since they were/will be on card... Optic is second but prizm has the rainbows and 19+ colors and I can tell Ya I was offered $4500 for one of my gold vinyls not #1/5 or #4/5...

That's the only gold set that he was originally supposed to sign.... The new golds will have the hologram on them

Old 09-05-2017, 12:42 PM   #28
Dielon

Thanks Tracy
Old 09-05-2017, 12:42 PM   #29
charnick

i would hope that he would sign any of these "aftermarket" cards out in the wild with a giant "SUCK IT" if someone came up to him with one.
charnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:44 PM   #30
bedler

Quote:
Originally Posted by charnick View Post
i would hope that he would sign any of these "aftermarket" cards out in the wild with a giant "SUCK IT" if someone came up to him with one.
It's not an aftermarket card fool... It's the original print cards

Old 09-05-2017, 12:46 PM   #31
mrdallas

I really hope that Panini doesn't screw people that actually redeemed their Prescott autos and got an auto pen instead. With this many BS autopens out there, If everyone tries to trade theirs in (legit redemption or NOT) Panini will NOT have enough legit cards to get out to people
mrdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:48 PM   #32
bedler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdallas View Post
I really hope that Panini doesn't screw people that actually redeemed their Prescott autos and got an auto pen instead. With this many BS autopens out there, If everyone tries to trade theirs in (legit redemption or NOT) Panini will NOT have enough legit cards to get out to people
Oh no they not trading nothing in.... Only the ones that were sent out and tracked. Remember only the gold vinyls and some pinks shipped... All the other crap is just errors and will not be replaced PERIOD

Old 09-05-2017, 01:00 PM   #33
RandysHobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedler View Post
They leaked out from panini somehow.... I own a ton of non autod

Just want to set this straight. You bought a bunch of these "leaked from Panini" from someone else, and now you own a bunch of them?
RandysHobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:01 PM   #34
bedler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandysHobby View Post
Just want to set this straight. You bought a bunch of these "leaked from Panini" from someone else, and now you own a bunch of them?
I think they came from daks marketing guy but yeah I bought them from a seller on ebay....

Old 09-05-2017, 01:02 PM   #35
RandysHobby

Quote:
I think they came from daks marketing guy but yeah I bought them from a seller on ebay....

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. And you were offered $3,400 for one of these!? NICE!
Old 09-05-2017, 01:02 PM   #36
bedler

Quote:
I haven't sold any.... I just bought as a collectors piece and I got them fairly cheap.

Old 09-05-2017, 01:03 PM   #37
bedler

Quote:
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. And you were offered $3,400 for one of these!? NICE!
Oh no.... I own all 5 of the gold vinyls so when I got them in (the fakes) I was offered $4500 for #2/5 or #3/5 but after they were flagged at BGS I sent them back to Panini. I will get the hologram ones back in the mail after he signs the new ones

Old 09-05-2017, 01:04 PM   #38
bedler

Quote:
I haven't sold any.... I just bought as a collectors piece and I got them fairly cheap.

The gold vinyls I had is what started the autopen controversy to begin with.... I overnighted to BGS and thats where it began....

Old 09-05-2017, 01:07 PM   #39
RandysHobby

Quote:
The gold vinyls I had is what started the autopen controversy to begin with.... I overnighted to BGS and thats where it began....

Ohhh interesting. So you got lucky and bought unsigned versions that are going to lead you to Autos? AND you brought to Panini's attention? NICE!!!!
Old 09-05-2017, 01:07 PM   #40
mrdallas

Last message from eBay seller with the 3rd "variation" auto pen.

Asked if he is in the know how many variations are out there? his response. Not for the faint of heart. Real Classy response.. I guess I should have expected it...

"I m not on the inside of anything but my ****...I just bought these from a guy connected. There are 3 variations."
Old 09-05-2017, 01:10 PM   #41
mrdallas

Quote:
Ohhh interesting. So you got lucky and bought unsigned versions that are going to lead you to Autos? AND you brought to Panini's attention? NICE!!!!
I think Bedler bought the Golds as redemptions and redeemed them. He got the autopen version which did not get graded from BGS so he is getting them replaced. Is that right?

Cause if they are aftermarket purchases then they can't be replaced... correct?
Old 09-05-2017, 01:11 PM   #42
charnick

Quote:
It's not an aftermarket card fool... It's the original print cards

i didn't say they weren't manufactured by Panini, but they are clearly NOT what was officially released by them, hence "aftermarket." And if you get them signed by him, and attempt to sell them as official releases, you are officially "shady."

it would not surprise me in the least if Panini's deal with him gives explicit instructions to never sign these cards out in the wild, which was the impetus for my post. if you're getting testy though, that tells me you know exactly what you're doing.

Edit, if you're not planning on selling, that's good, but I don't expect any of these cards to have any significant value in the future, especially if he stinks it up on the field. collectors will stay away in droves in the future because no one knows what's legit and what isn't with them.

Last edited by charnick; 09-05-2017 at 01:14 PM.
charnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:11 PM   #43
bedler

Quote:
I recently bought the unsigned ones so that was waaaay after the autopen news....

I had overnighted the day I got #1-5 - #4/5 and bgs CEO called me telling me they think the autos are fake.... A few days later the story was on espn

I bought #5/5 after knowing they'd be remade.

Old 09-05-2017, 03:01 PM   #44
jasonm2121

Quote:
I miss UD 2009 and below. College UD sucked. Topps #@#@#@#@ the fan before leaving so they got what they deserved imo. Neither will be back in football.

Since 2013 all companies have over produced and now there's less products without Topps and UD around. Topps was filling chrome with straight ish before departing and creating all kind of crap product. Ultimately 1 company is best product wise imo.

Agree, not much I love from 2013 and on, for any company. I do like the first year of Flawless and some Immaculate. Topps Museum was decent IMO, but not much stands out to me. Sticking to RCs for the most part.
jasonm2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 04:06 PM   #45
RogerGodahell
Banned

Sounds like a mess.
RogerGodahell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 05:47 PM   #46
cking

I will never touch any Dak Prescott auto from any company ever.

Same with Dez Bryant, Whitney Mercilus, and C. Patterson

I am also skeptical about some Cam Newtons and Brent Celeks
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:20 PM   #47
majestik101

All this over basically a system QB who plays behind the best O-Line in the league. You better hope that O-Line stays healthy.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:38 PM   #48
quickdraw

Default INCORRECT Bedler

Quote:
Oh no they not trading nothing in.... Only the ones that were sent out and tracked. Remember only the gold vinyls and some pinks shipped... All the other crap is just errors and will not be replaced PERIOD

You are very wrong. Panini also shipped some of the dual signature cards that are also auto-penned. I know because I received 2 from Panini and also got the recall package from them so these were NOT back-doored or anything else but PANINI and DAK's screw-up. What a total lie that somehow these cards (with dual signatures) were stolen and then returned to Panini with autopen on card Dak autos. What a farce..... also remember bedler, I gave a fairly detailed description of these autopens in your OP on this issue (page 10) that was based on both your posted Gold Vinyl images and my 2 cards that I was actually able to examine at magnification.
So its NOT JUST Gold Vinyls and Pinks that were shipped!!! You were on top of this but now seem to be kissing some Panini backsides with your apparently defensive posts on their behalf. Some of us cannot afford to acquire such a valuable collection of Dak as you appear to have (congrats) but this possibly means a lot more to those of us who cannot afford that luxury.
quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:03 PM   #49
manutdr16

quckdraw, I know you're an expert on autopens. Would you say the auto in question for this thread does have some cues (shaky, squiggly lines) that make it look like an autopenned auto? If the allegation is true that Dak's marketing guy did leak out the non-auto cards, then I can actually believe in the existence of additional autopens that Dak's marketing produced, that we have not previously seen. The "3rd variant of the autopen" may be "real" after all, albeit still an autopen.
manutdr16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:21 PM   #50
HBMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestik101 View Post
All this over basically a system QB who plays behind the best O-Line in the league. You better hope that O-Line stays healthy.
*Ahem*

Did you watch him this preseason? He's been nails.