Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 07-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #1
thebrett

Default Thoughts on Inception

I'm cherry picking some stuff on eBay right now that is selling at what in my opinion are unreasonably low prices

Is anyone else thinking that the wave of Puig hunters dumping at any price no matter who they have to undercut is creating some incredible long term value potential?
Old 07-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
calculusdork

Of course it is. This weekend is going to the perfect time to buy singles. I don't think you'll see HUGE long-term gains from trying to flip, but if you're a collector and want beautiful on-card autos of some of the top prospects, this is a great product to buy IMO.
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
NoobCollector
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrett View Post
I'm cherry picking some stuff on eBay right now that is selling at what in my opinion are unreasonably low prices

Is anyone else thinking that the wave of Puig hunters dumping at any price no matter who they have to undercut is creating some incredible long term value potential?
In terms of long term potential I don't think so. There's no RC logo...it won't be like Topps Chrome or Ginter which will probably have. These aren't true RC's and soon he will be dumping his autos in Topps Products. Maybe the only autos that have a chance of long term value are the /25 and below...
NoobCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:20 PM   #4
Srt42004n
Banned

I need some Taveras autos
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #5
dlab85

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCollector View Post
In terms of long term potential I don't think so. There's no RC logo...it won't be like Topps Chrome or Ginter which will probably have. These aren't true RC's and soon he will be dumping his autos in Topps Products. Maybe the only autos that have a chance of long term value are the /25 and below...
RC Logo doesn't mean jack. This will be a prospect auto and will probably hold some long term value... See: Chrome, Bowman

And to the OP's point, yes, I'm loving the Puig hunters dumping the non-Puig stuff at bargain-basement pricing.

uStream link - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dlab85-case-breaks
dlab85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
NoobCollector
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlab85 View Post
RC Logo doesn't mean jack. This will be a prospect auto and will probably hold some long term value... See: Chrome, Bowman

And to the OP's point, yes, I'm loving the Puig hunters dumping the non-Puig stuff at bargain-basement pricing.
A lot of buyers prefer the whole RC logo...for me I don't care logo or no logo. Prospect stuff is loaded though. Correas aren't selling what they should. Taveras' are already being undercut. Saw people selling them for 90ish...now I saw a couple around 60ish..who knows. I hope for people holding onto their cards that it will be much better.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #7
xbignick

I just want them to stop releasing stuff a week before they say they'll release it.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #8
Otherside
Banned

Great buy for anyone who can wait til a players call-up.

So many big names in the set w/on-card autos and cheap parallels.

Can't wait til the first few I've bought come in, I'm sure these look grate in person!

Does anyone know what size toploader/one-tough these fit in?
Otherside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #9
calculusdork

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
I just want them to stop releasing stuff a week before they say they'll release it.
LOL ... one of their most hosed releases to date. Starts hitting 7 days before street date. My LCS (who never sells anything before release date, btw) gets an email on SUNDAY stating it's officially released and he can start selling. He gets his boxes the following Tuesday.
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #10
Carrbeaz

I've been scooping up lots of them.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #11
dlab85

Quote:
A lot of buyers prefer the whole RC logo...for me I don't care logo or no logo. Prospect stuff is loaded though. Correas aren't selling what they should. Taveras' are already being undercut. Saw people selling them for 90ish...now I saw a couple around 60ish..who knows. I hope for people holding onto their cards that it will be much better.
Same trend that always happens with any Bowman product, people bust an asinine amount of stuff searching for the big hits and dump off the lower end hits. Market then gets flooded which lowers pricing almost instantaneously. They eventually come back and when said prospect gets hot, every product they are in will experience some sort of gain.

As for the RC logo, just compare the completed sales listings for your favorite prospect's Bowman Chrome auto and Topps Chrome auto/Bowman Chrome Rookie Card auto. It's generally not even close.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #12
NoobCollector
Banned

Quote:
Same trend that always happens with any Bowman product, people bust an asinine amount of stuff searching for the big hits and dump off the lower end hits. Market then gets flooded which lowers pricing almost instantaneously. They eventually come back and when said prospect gets hot, every product they are in will experience some sort of gain.

As for the RC logo, just compare the completed sales listings for your favorite prospect's Bowman Chrome auto and Topps Chrome auto/Bowman Chrome Rookie Card auto. It's generally not even close.
Some of these guys already have Bowman Prospect AU's...you think the Inception AU's will go for more? I don't know.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #13
Carrbeaz

Quote:
Some of these guys already have Bowman Prospect AU's...you think the Inception AU's will go for more? I don't know.
They will go for more than the $3-$6 you can get some of them at now... I set up at card shows every so often and will be able to double/triple my money on them no problem.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #14
dlab85

Quote:
Absolutely not... I never said that.

Bowman Chrome Prospect Auto >>>>> anything else, including anything with an RC logo. That's all. Inception will probably settle in right around where Topps Chrome and Bowman Sterling and all the rest of them do.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #15
NoobCollector
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
They will go for more than the $3-$6 you can get some of them at now... I set up at card shows every so often and will be able to double/triple my money on them no problem.
Card shows always make a few $ more than eBay...a lot of kids..or older people who don't use the Internet...but I guess that's good for you

Quote:
Absolutely not... I never said that.

Bowman Chrome Prospect Auto >>>>> anything else, including anything with an RC logo. That's all. Inception will probably settle in right around where Topps Chrome and Bowman Sterling and all the rest of them do.
I agree with you. I don't see much of a rise in say Piscottiy autos or other guys who have their stuff loaded in every other box. I wish topps would give an estimate of how many base autos each player has.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #16
IndyKMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Yeah, that screwed a lot of us.

I think the original release date was supposed to be 6/28 (at least, that's the date I had circled when I pre-ordered in Feb), so maybe for whatever reason that date was actually somewhat attainable after all.
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #17
phillies347

Just got my 2 boxes. Love the product!

Instagram @southjerzsportscards & @gintage_kings
phillies347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #18
natbornkiller

the product in someways reminds for bowman sterling - minus the chrome Finish
Old 07-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #19
Bob Loblaw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post

Fleer Flair.
Bob Loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #20
thebrett

These cards fit very nicely in a standard penny sleeve and Ultra Pro 130pt Super Thick Toploader

I have gotten some PC steals and I am eyeballing some top notch prospects #'d /50 or less
Old 07-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #21
711 Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
This - I would say prices settle in around what sterling autos go for
711 Cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #22
ochocincoiscool
Banned

I love the look of inception but what the base autos are selling for on ebay ill have to pass on buying a box but I might still get in case breaks and stuff with it so final thought is one thumb up one thumb down
ochocincoiscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #23
natbornkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
Fleer Flair.
IF IT WAS THAT WE WOULD BE SEEING MORE AUTOS OF MERKIN VALDEZ AND JUSTIN LEONE
Old 07-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #24
mgugs46

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:
You can already get Taveras autos for $40 now

I see zero long term value in these, but the cards are nice

I may do the RC auto set, or the silver signature ones. Really nice looking.

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #25
phil

Quote:
I wish topps would give an estimate of how many base autos each player has.

if it's worth anything to you, the average non-numbered base prospect or rookies not including Puig (61 players) is pretty close to 1300 of each (ignoring relics, 3055 cases x 32 autos case - about 18000 total numbered autos /61)

other than Puig there don't appear to be any SSP, although Buxton and probably a few others are clearly SP compared to commons (more than twice as many base Piscotty as Buxton on ebay etc). Range is probably something like 500-1500 (and I think 50 or less base Puigs).
phil is offline   Reply With Quote