AD Ebay

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 03-06-2016, 01:43 PM   #26
RandysHobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE_GOT_THAT_TOO View Post
If you include a gram of cocaine people will pay more also...try that.
Ill pass on that. I only to it for first, last, or jersey #.
Old 03-06-2016, 01:44 PM   #27
NeilCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBarn291 View Post
Wow lol, the hypocrisy is real in this thread! It is either acceptable for non 1/1s to be called 1/1 or it isn't. How can anyone say it's acceptable, and then belittle someone for doing the same thing? If an exception should be made for one then why not others. They are all fake 1/1s. If it is ok for Jersey numbered, then it should be acceptable for shoe sizes or high-school jersey number or PPG or first/last printed or basically any criteria you can make up.
It is not hypocrisy. The world is not black and white. I collect jersey numbered cards, as do many others. Labeling them as 1/1s on eBay helps us find them. Same thing for first and last print run. To list something as a 1/1 because it is the only one on eBay, or high school jersey numbered, or shoe size, is different. There is nothing that makes the card more desirable than other versions of the same card, because nobody collects cards with those attributes.

Non-auto is just obnoxious.

Or do. I'll be around.
NeilCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 01:45 PM   #28
IronMonkey415
Banned

I haven't posted any 1 of 1 on ebay so I don't know what I will do.
But what you guys can do is visit my ebay and bid one a few items.

GOT EM!!!!!
IronMonkey415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 01:52 PM   #29
WE_GOT_THAT_TOO

Problem is anyone searching for actual 1/1s has to sort over 1000 time the items they would need to look at to actually scrub for the cards they're looking for!!!

Clearly not too many people (who are all for this garbage) collect actual 1/1s.

Personally for me a card 1/10 or 10/10 or 3/10 or any other number doesn't make it more desirable. Just because the order of the stamp came that way doesn't make that card any better than the rest that came after it. Common sense would confirm that but it's true common sense isn't that common these days!

For those out there trying to rip people off with false advertisements. Keep it on eBay and quit flooding the forums. That's the issue. Plus I don't think too many members here are that stupid to overpay for a eBay 1/1.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:02 PM   #30
TBarn291

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCO View Post
It is not hypocrisy. The world is not black and white. I collect jersey numbered cards, as do many others. Labeling them as 1/1s on eBay helps us find them. Same thing for first and last print run. To list something as a 1/1 because it is the only one on eBay, or high school jersey numbered, or shoe size, is different. There is nothing that makes the card more desirable than other versions of the same card, because nobody collects cards with those attributes.

Wait, how is it different? If I want to collect cards serial numbered to a players shoe size, why shouldn't I be afforded the same luxury as someone who is collecting jersey numbers? It is either acceptable or it isn't. I agree the world is not black and white, but what makes it right for one person to do it and not others? The fact that non 1/1s get listed as 1/1 is something I got over a long time ago, but to see people justify their criteria for a 1/1 as being acceptable and then say that someone else is wrong for using their criteria is ludicrous. The only standard criteria for a 1/1 is that it must be one of a kind. If you can interpret that as meaning a card that is jersey numbered is a one of a kind then why can't anyone interpret it however they choose?
TBarn291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 02:14 PM   #31
NeilCO

Quote:
Wait, how is it different? If I want to collect cards serial numbered to a players shoe size, why shouldn't I be afforded the same luxury as someone who is collecting jersey numbers? It is either acceptable or it isn't. I agree the world is not black and white, but what makes it right for one person to do it and not others? The fact that non 1/1s get listed as 1/1 is something I got over a long time ago, but to see people justify their criteria for a 1/1 as being acceptable and then say that someone else is wrong for using their criteria is ludicrous. The only standard criteria for a 1/1 is that it must be one of a kind. If you can interpret that as meaning a card that is jersey numbered is a one of a kind then why can't anyone interpret it however they choose?
Jersey numbered cards, first serial number, last serial number: MANY collectors are more interested in these than other serial numbers.

Shoe size: ZERO collectors are more interested in these than other serial numbers.

That is the distinction.

What would be ideal is if eBay (or COMC) had a sub-field for serial numbers was searchable. If that were the case we could do away with eBay 1/1s.

Or do. I'll be around.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:18 PM   #32
glen87

Quote:
Jersey numbered cards, first serial number, last serial number: MANY collectors are more interested in these than other serial numbers.

Shoe size: ZERO collectors are more interested in these than other serial numbers.

That is the distinction.

What would be ideal is if eBay (or COMC) had a sub-field for serial numbers was searchable. If that were the case we could do away with eBay 1/1s.
just because people are interested in them, does not make them a 1/1.

other cards: https://www.flickr.com/photos/glen87/albums
glen87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 02:19 PM   #33
WE_GOT_THAT_TOO

EXACTLY!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen87 View Post
Old 03-06-2016, 02:25 PM   #34
Playmaker88x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastretta View Post
also non auto & [insert player] teammate
^^^^^^yes......that is super annoying, agreed
Playmaker88x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 02:26 PM   #35
NeilCO

Quote:
I get what you're saying. I understand that there will always be eBay users who find it acceptable and others who find it unacceptable to list a card as a 1/1 based on the serial number. I'm just explaining the difference between a "jersey number 1/1" versus a "shoe size 1/1", and why it's not hypocritical to find one acceptable and not the other.

Or do. I'll be around.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:27 PM   #36
fullmetal
Banned

Quote:

How do you know?

I know several people, including myself that desire a particular serial number not on your list.

Only use the facts and let prospective buyers make that assessment.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 02:29 PM   #37
TBarn291

Quote:

That is the distinction.

What you are not understanding is that THIS is the SAME point used by people who are against any fake 1/1 listing. Many collectors are more interested in TRUE 1/1s. So they should have to deal with fake 1/1 listings but not the other way around?

*ADDED*

It is hypocrisy! They are condemning those that list the odd ball serial numbers as 1/1, and yet they are doing the EXACT same thing to people looking for true 1/1s.

Last edited by TBarn291; 03-06-2016 at 02:38 PM.
TBarn291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 02:32 PM   #38
WE_GOT_THAT_TOO

Sure but the issue still becomes if I search for a Jordan 1/1, instead of seeing 20 items, now I see 10,000

Whereas if you want to collect serial number 7 of each player you can just search for Michael Jordan 7 and get a decent search returned.

No one is getting screwed over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
How do you know?

I know several people, including myself that desire a particular serial number not on your list.

Old 03-06-2016, 02:33 PM   #39
NeilCO

Quote:
How do you know?

I know several people, including myslef that desire a particular serial number not on your list.

I don't know for certain that nobody collects shoe size serial numbered cards. As far as I know there could be some collector out there who only collects cards with the serial number 77 because it's his favorite number. There's nothing wrong with that. But we can use the information we have to make distinctions. We all know that there are many collectors who collect jersey numbered cards, for example.

Or do. I'll be around.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:44 PM   #40
NeilCO

Quote:
What you are not understanding is that THIS is the SAME point used by people who are against any fake 1/1 listing. Many collectors are more interested in TRUE 1/1s. So they should have to deal with fake 1/1 spam listings but not the other way around?
I do understand your point. There is certainly a distinction between a TRUE 1/1 and a jersey numbered 1/1. I can understand being annoyed by jersey numbered 1/1s. I'm just explaining that there is also a distinction between jersey number 1/1s and shoe size 1/1s, so it's not hypocritical to be okay with one and not the other. "Jersey number 1/1" genuinely helps to draw in a group of collectors known to be out there who are interested in the listing. "Shoe size 1/1" only serves to spam people looking for true 1/1s. If it comes out that there is a group of collectors interested in "shoe size 1/1" cards, I would have no problem with eBay sellers listing them accordingly. I understand that others would still disagree with me, and that is fine.

With regard to true 1/1s-- are there actually collectors who collect ALL 1/1s, as opposed to specific 1/1s (e.g. superfractors, platinum, logoman, Goodwin Presidential back, Prizm Black, printing plates, etc.)?

Or do. I'll be around.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:45 PM   #41
glen87

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/f...ollection.html

for the record, i DO collect jersey numbered cards, and YES, i hate it when i see 1/1 in the title. i often bypass that item since i am not looking for 1/1's.

Old 03-06-2016, 02:46 PM   #42
NeilCO

Quote:
*ADDED*

It is hypocrisy! They are condemning those that list the odd ball serial numbers as 1/1, and yet they are doing the EXACT same thing to people looking for true 1/1s.
What I'm getting at is that jersey number 1/1s aren't the same shade of "oddball". We KNOW that many collectors are actively interested in them and looking for them. We don't have any evidence that the same is true for shoe size 1/1s.

Or do. I'll be around.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:46 PM   #43
glen87

Quote:
I do understand your point. There is certainly a distinction between a TRUE 1/1 and a jersey numbered 1/1. I can understand being annoyed by jersey numbered 1/1s. I'm just explaining that there is also a distinction between jersey number 1/1s and shoe size 1/1s, so it's not hypocritical to be okay with one and not the other. "Jersey number 1/1" genuinely helps to draw in a group of collectors known to be out there who are interested in the listing. "Shoe size 1/1" only serves to spam people looking for true 1/1s. If it comes out that there is a group of collectors interested in "shoe size 1/1" cards, I would have no problem with eBay sellers listing them accordingly. I understand that others would still disagree with me, and that is fine.

With regard to true 1/1s-- are there actually collectors who collect ALL 1/1s, as opposed to specific 1/1s (e.g. superfractors, platinum, logoman, Goodwin Presidential back, Prizm Black, printing plates, etc.)?
there is NO such thing as a "Jersey number 1/1," it is a jersey numbered card.

Old 03-06-2016, 03:01 PM   #44
NeilCO

Quote:
there is NO such thing as a "Jersey number 1/1," it is a jersey numbered card.
I don't entirely disagree with you, for the record. I have never been annoyed by jersey numbered cards being listed as 1/1s, but I do understand how it would be frustrating for buyers looking for true 1/1s. Is there a better, short-form way to draw attention to jersey numbered cards than listing as 1/1? Is "jersey numbered" the best we can do?

Or do. I'll be around.
Old 03-06-2016, 03:07 PM   #45
Jwhoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE_GOT_THAT_TOO View Post
If you include a gram of cocaine people will pay more also...try that.
Old 03-06-2016, 03:07 PM   #46
fullmetal
Banned

Quote:

Then simply note "Jersey number" in the title. That is what I do. It is truthful. 1/1 is not factual it is a designation that a few fabricated. If a potential buyer wants Jersey number then they will search by it.

I'm not disputing the significance or desire of a particular serial number. That is irrelevant. The fact is the title is not factual and is misleading.
Old 03-06-2016, 03:08 PM   #47
Jwhoops

Quote:

That is the distinction.

Would love to hear from a collector that pays a premium for the first one or the last one. All sorts of collectors pay premiums for jersey numbered.
Old 03-06-2016, 03:10 PM   #48
Jwhoops

Quote:
We don't have any evidence that the same is true for shoe size 1/1s.
Greg Oden dong length 1/1's were on fire for a while.
Old 03-06-2016, 03:12 PM   #49
fullmetal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwhoops View Post
Would love to hear from a collector that pays a premium for the first one or the last one. All sorts of collectors pay premiums for jersey numbered.
I do. But, I have never called them a 1/1, because they are not. A 1/1 must be stamped 1/1.
Old 03-06-2016, 03:14 PM   #50
Jwhoops

Quote:
I do. But, I have never called them a 1/1, because they are not. A 1/1 must be stamped 1/1.
You do? Link to your first and last cards?