Blowout Cards Forums
April Showers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

Notices

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

Old 11-20-2008, 01:21 AM   #276
derek55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
It's not "end of story" until someone explains how it can be done when used through Ebay. Just telling me that other people are getting theirs back instantly when I'm not getting mine back instantly means absolutely nothing to me. If anyone wants to verify their story, get ahold of Microsoft or Ebay customer support and report to all of us "WHY" it's happening instantly for some and not others. Until that happens, this story isn't over. That's just plain common sense.

I want everyone to know why I'm arguing this...

I don't want people on here that can't really afford to wait 60 days for a refund to instantly jump on Ebay and start buying high dollar items thinking they are going to get their discount/refund instantly just because someone on here said that's how it's being done now when in fact, according to the terms and conditions, you may need to wait 60 days.

Notice I said "may" need to wait 60 days. I'm not calling anyone a liar. I'm not saying anyone is "wrong". I just think there needs to be a little more verifiable proof. That's all. I don't think that's asking too much. Does anyone else?
Agreed. And that's not asking too much.

Somebody, please do us all a favor and figure out why some get their money right away while others don't. Thanks.
derek55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:19 AM   #277
fm8418

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

well right now it's random so dont buy stuff and think its always instant...simple answer.

Also if you don't have the money to wait 60 days, you probably shouldn't be spending that much money to begin with.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:39 AM   #278
mwheeler27

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
well right now it's random so dont buy stuff and think its always instant...simple answer.

Also if you don't have the money to wait 60 days, you probably shouldn't be spending that much money to begin with.
Who told you it's random? Someone from Microsoft or Ebay? Or are you just assuming this is so?
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:14 AM   #279
Cubfan86

Send a message via AIM to Cubfan86

Quote:
Who told you it's random? Someone from Microsoft or Ebay? Or are you just assuming this is so?
Matt,
I am not trying to be rude but you really need to chill a little. I see you questioning everyone on this instant cash back issue and I think it is unnecessary. My biggest problem is you telling the few people who were lucky enough to get the instant refund to call and ask why. WHat if they call and Microsoft says "Oops, we made a mistake" and they take the money back for 60 days. As it has been stated some are getting it and some are not. This is no different than the fact I had to wait for 5 of my rebates for the full 14 days after it cleared to hit my ebay account but one of my rebates hit 3 days after it cleared.
I think we should just be happy this whole deal is happening at all. I still can't believe that they have refunded millions of dollars and it is still happening.
Just my thoughts. Not trying to start anything I am simply stating my opinions.
Cubfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:26 AM   #280
mwheeler27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan86 View Post
Matt,
I am not trying to be rude but you really need to chill a little. I see you questioning everyone on this instant cash back issue and I think it is unnecessary. My biggest problem is you telling the few people who were lucky enough to get the instant refund to call and ask why. WHat if they call and Microsoft says "Oops, we made a mistake" and they take the money back for 60 days. As it has been stated some are getting it and some are not. This is no different than the fact I had to wait for 5 of my rebates for the full 14 days after it cleared to hit my ebay account but one of my rebates hit 3 days after it cleared.
I think we should just be happy this whole deal is happening at all. I still can't believe that they have refunded millions of dollars and it is still happening.
Just my thoughts. Not trying to start anything I am simply stating my opinions.
Thank you for your opinion. Like I eluded to before, I'm only making this argument to try and protect some unsuspecting members on here that think they are going to get an instant refund when it's not likely at all that that is what's going to happen. I have already thought about what might happen if these guys called and inquired as to why, but if they really believe that it's supposed to be instant now, they have nothing to worry about, right? If they are worried about it, why not admit it's probably a glich like I pointed out before? Then at least everyone will be aware that they may or may not get an instant reward. Do you understand my argument now?

I think it's great people are getting insant refunds. I just don't want everyone thinking they have a good chance at getting one when it's likely they will have to wait approximately 60 days.

And as far as me needing to "chill out", LOL, I'm not heated up. I'm just voicing my opinion, like you, in order to pass on what I feel is valuable information for the members of this forum. I think this is a very relevant discussion, and I welcome all opinions either in favor of what I'm saying or against it. That's what this forum is for.

I don't think you're being rude at all.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:32 AM   #281
Cubfan86

Quote:
Thank you for your opinion. Like I eluded to before, I'm only making this argument to try and protect some unsuspecting members on here that think they are going to get an instant refund when it's not likely at all that that is what's going to happen. I have already thought about what might happen if these guys called and inquired as to why, but if they really believe that it's supposed to be instant now, they have nothing to worry about, right? If they are worried about it, why not admit it's probably a glich like I pointed out before? Then at least everyone will be aware that they may or may not get an instant reward. Do you understand my argument now?

I think it's great people are getting insant refunds. I just don't want everyone thinking they have a good chance at getting one when it's likely they will have to wait approximately 60 days.

And as far as me needing to "chill out", LOL, I'm not heated up. I'm just voicing my opinion, like you, in order to pass on what I feel is valuable information for the members of this forum. I think this is a very relevant discussion, and I welcome all opinions either in favor of what I'm saying or against it. That's what this forum is for.

I don't think you're being rude at all.
I see where you are coming from and agree about people jumping to the conclusion that the refund will be instant. What kills me is that there are still people that do not know anything about the rebate after 6 months of it going on. I am near my limit and have 1 more purchase I can make which would put me in the $2200 cash back range for the year. I really wish I knew how the $2500 limit worked exactly. SOme have said in a years time and others have said in a calendar year and it would start over in Jan. I will just wait and see what others do and there is also a chance it could just disappear at the beginning of the year.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:37 AM   #282
mwheeler27

Quote:
SOme have said in a years time and others have said in a calendar year and it would start over in Jan. I will just wait and see what others do and there is also a chance it could just disappear at the beginning of the year.
I can't believe people aren't taking advantage of it either. I am very close to my max as well. I re-read the terms and conditions last week, and it clearly states "calendar year". Like you though, I am cautiously hoping it's here to stay. I'm very thankful it's here today, but don't know that it will be available tomorrow. I just can't believe they are giving away that much money. It's way better than a government tax refund stimulus check. How many people got a $2000 stimulus check?
Old 11-20-2008, 09:39 AM   #283
Cubfan86

Quote:
I can't believe people aren't taking advantage of it either. I am very close to my max as well. I re-read the terms and conditions last week, and it clearly states "calendar year". Like you though, I am cautiously hoping it's here to stay. I'm very thankful it's here today, but don't know that it will be available tomorrow. I just can't believe they are giving away that much money. It's way better than a government tax refund stimulus check. How many people got a $2000 stimulus check?
What do you get from the term CALENDAR YEAR? Does that mean from the time your first purchase was made or 2008 and then starts over 2009?
Old 11-20-2008, 09:41 AM   #284
hockeyjunkie99

Quote:
I wish I had the extra money to take advantage of the live.com discount

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:50 AM   #285
mwheeler27

Quote:
What do you get from the term CALENDAR YEAR? Does that mean from the time your first purchase was made or 2008 and then starts over 2009?
A calendar year, (in legal terms), is from January 1st to December 31st. The exact days of a calendar. January 1st always begins a new calendar year.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:14 AM   #286
jacobbigshow

From what I am reading on my powerseller newsletter this may just be a holiday deal (or atleast the 30% discount). And Wheeler have you tried the live discount this week and not get it instantly? That would be strange? Maybe it depends on the seller's feedback, buyer's feedback not sure. All I have to say is if it is working for anybody else like me why complain........I pre-ordered 3 cases of sterling and now its getting delayed till xmas but atleast I got $400 back.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:18 AM   #287
iluvfish2

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Does this help anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2
Finally got the search screen shots!

The search yeilded this

When I clicked on the "Live Search Cashback" it brought me to this ebay page...you'll see the cashback icon the screen.

Now I went through and clicked on an item (I didnt but it, but wanted to show you that the cashback item did show on my purcahse screen).

Max per transaction is 200 bucks back (X% as determined by the live.com discount), typically I think somewhere in the 700 range maxes out the 30% one. But once you buy the item, you'll get an email from live.com or ebay to sync your two accounts. Once thats done, the next day or two when you log into your live.com account you should see your "cashback" waiting along with the date its available for use (keep in mind this last screen shot was back through my live.com account, and a few clicks in where I went to see my available cashback.

Hope this helps!
Old 11-20-2008, 11:49 AM   #288
fm8418

it works differently for everyone/computer. 2 of my 3 computers wouldnt show me the discount once I got to ebay but my other one always does.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:41 PM   #289
fctryseald

Quote:
it works differently for everyone/computer. 2 of my 3 computers wouldnt show me the discount once I got to ebay but my other one always does.
I have to delete my cookies to see the cashback link if I've used it recently. You might try that

Last edited by fctryseald; 11-20-2008 at 02:46 PM.
fctryseald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:43 PM   #290
fctryseald

Default Instant cashback

I found this on the slick deal forum. This might begin to explain our questions with the instant cashback.

"Alright folks....

eBay/Live Search cashback V2 was launched yesterday. eBay and PayPal will determine if cashback eligible purchases will receive either instant cashback or will need to go through the 60 day pending period. Microsoft will not have a say in the decision. You will not know if the cashback will be instant or pending until after the purchase. Another change is that all cashback payment will automatically go to the PayPal account that was used to make the purchase.

No payment request is needed, everything will be done automatically. Instant cashback will show in your PayPal account within minutes of making the purchase. Customer waiting the 60 days will have their cashback automatically sent to their PayPal account when the pending period is over.

$200 cashback per session and 12 session limit still applies. If a product is returned or if eBay/PayPal determines that cashback is ineligible (return, cancellation, etc) after instant cashback, PayPal will take back the cashback from your account. This will cause a negative cashback balance in your PayPal account."
Old 11-20-2008, 02:48 PM   #291
fctryseald

Default 30% cashback on Black Friday?

There are whispers about some specials through Live.com on Cyber Monday(the monday following Black Friday), including 30% cashback. Might have to hold off some of my purchases until then. (I just hope that what I want is available on that day)

Here is an e-mail from Ebay -

Quote :
We want you to ring in this holiday season with more sales and higher profits. So we're making big investments to bring shoppers your way, with hard cash reasons to buy on eBay. Massive coupon campaigns are hitting millions of eBay buyers, wherever they're searching--watch for our "pull-out-all-the-stops" Cyber Monday blitz. Up to 30% cashback deals reward buyers who get to your listings through a search on Microsoft Live. Irresistible "Daily Deals" on hot holiday items and a special holiday deals hub will keep shoppers coming back. Find out how you can cash in on all these great holiday programs.

Last edited by fctryseald; 11-20-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:07 PM   #292
mwheeler27

Great information there. Thank you very much.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:47 PM   #293
derek55

Guys, thanks for the info. I can respect the concerns, but I'm pretty sure the people who are asking questions, like myself, are not being nosey for the sake of being nosey... rather, your answers will likely help the community here, hence we're going to hope to get answers. So thanks for sharing info and insight, it's appreciated.
derek55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:59 PM   #294
fm8418

Like we have been trying to say, there seems to be no rhyme or reason. Just buy expecting it to be 60 days like usual and it's fine.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:25 PM   #295
mwheeler27

Quote:
Like we have been trying to say, there seems to be no rhyme or reason.
Not one time did you say there was "no rhyme or reason". Not one time did you give us any reasonable explanation, and I can't let you take credit for someone else actually bringing knowledge to the end of this thread other than just words. You could have looked this up, but didn't. He found what we were needing, not you.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:11 PM   #296
fm8418

fine I said "Random" which could mean "no rhyme or reason"

also he quoted slick deals forums....which is probably correct, but most people using those forums are the people looking to scam every deal they can so their credibility isn't great.

also depending on when that was posted on slick deals I know people have been getting Instant Cashback since the 16/17th. That quote posted above would indicate it started on the 19th.

Instant would be nice as I'd make a few more purchases, especially with holiday work bonuses coming up

Last edited by fm8418; 11-20-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:56 PM   #297
mightbe

Quote:
I see where you are coming from and agree about people jumping to the conclusion that the refund will be instant. What kills me is that there are still people that do not know anything about the rebate after 6 months of it going on. I am near my limit and have 1 more purchase I can make which would put me in the $2200 cash back range for the year. I really wish I knew how the $2500 limit worked exactly. SOme have said in a years time and others have said in a calendar year and it would start over in Jan. I will just wait and see what others do and there is also a chance it could just disappear at the beginning of the year.

When this first began the max was $250 back per purchase. I was the first one on this, lol:

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/e...ome-cards.html
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:47 AM   #298
markg1123

How much longer do you guys think this is going to be available for?
markg1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:43 PM   #299
Tai

Just purchased a case on ebay and got instant cashback. For me it was the third time I used it and I'm truly pleased that they decided to do this. Good for them because now people have access to the funds-->more likely to just buy more. To the poster above: It has been coming and going for a while now but they have never said it would be permanent so take advantage of it if you can. I wouldn't wait for it to go up especially since dealers(greedy ones) mark up their prices accordingly.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:17 PM   #300
LonestarCards

So can anyone confirm its instant cashback now?
LonestarCards is offline   Reply With Quote