Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 100

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 07-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
bdrr

Default the_dude

Made a $100+ purchase from him over the holiday weekend, and it arrived safely and timely. Went to leave feedback and found he's been banned.

Curious what happened there. Seemed to be a pretty straight forward guy.
bdrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #2
ManInTheMirror
Banned

whoa

I can honestly say I always had a weird feeling about that guy. Something just seemed...off.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #3
KennyWoo

I guess he didn't abide?
KennyWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #4
Greggdemo

I had a perfect transaction with him as well. Seemed like a nice member.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #5
bdrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyWoo View Post
I guess he didn't abide?
/thread . . .
Old 07-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #6
underwood4

Quote:
I guess he didn't abide?
lol, are you the dude reincarnated?
Old 07-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #7
ilovethelakings
I make a lot of posts!

Quote:
I guess he didn't abide?
Dammit. I was going to post the same thing more or less. Thanks for nothing
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #8
lagalaxyfan23
Inactive Account

I know why he was banned. I brought the issue to the mods attention. I found out about who he really is after I recently made a purchase from him a day or two ago...
lagalaxyfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #9
jason122883

Yeah he was romo2totown or something like that.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #10
lagalaxyfan23
Inactive Account

As you might remember (if you've seen the video before), houdini made a video on the eBayer "romo2totown", a formerly-banned SCF member who was caught selling LOTS of high end cards where he put fake patches in.

Fake Patch on eBay Mickey Mantle Marquee Sterling - YouTube

Just the other day, I made a deal with the member in question here. His name was "the dude". He sold me something, and I sent him payment. After sending over the PayPal, I realized that his PayPal address sounded familiar. He told me to send the PayPal to:

romo2to@hotmail.com

Instantly, I put two and two together and thought of "romo2totown." I did a little Google research, and found this:

https://twitter.com/romo2totown

That's his Twitter account. I checked PayPal to see the name of the person I had just sent payment to...and what do you know! His name was Brandon Rust!

Obviously, that's not enough proof really because it could just be a coincidence. Just to be 100% sure, I did some more digging on his threads while he was a member on SCF and found this:

http://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...5-pp-gift-firm

As you see in that thread, he asks that payment be sent to the SAME PayPal address that I sent payment to the other day!

That's pretty much the same message I sent the mods a day or two ago. They told me to keep it on the down low until my cards came in (the cards I bought weren't patches). CardCollector also bought a very nice Romo lot off him, and looking back at it, many of the patches now seem too good to be true. So I let him know about it as well. Even though his feedback here is good, a guy who doesn't mind faking patches for personal gain will likely go to similar measures to gain more

Hopefully the cards I paid for come in now though...he hasn't updated the DC yet. However, does this give me my inaugural BODA badge?

Last edited by lagalaxyfan23; 07-13-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #11
bdrr

Kind of sad he's messing with cards like that.

I'm fairly sure the piece I got from him is legit. It's just boring grey swatches after all.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #12
bjs852

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagalaxyfan23 View Post
As you might remember (if you've seen the video before), houdini made a video on the eBayer "romo2totown", a formerly-banned SCF member who was caught selling LOTS of high end cards where he put fake patches in.

Just the other day, I made a deal with the member in question here. His name was "the dude". He sold me something, and I sent him payment. After sending over the PayPal, I realized that his PayPal address sounded familiar. He told me to send the PayPal to:

romo2to@hotmail.com

Instantly, I put two and two together and thought of "romo2totown." I did a little Google research, and found this:

That's his Twitter account. I checked PayPal to see the name of the person I had just sent payment to...and what do you know! His name was Brandon Rust!

Obviously, that's not enough proof really because it could just be a coincidence. Just to be 100% sure, I did some more digging on his threads while he was a member on SCF and found this:

As you see in that thread, he asks that payment be sent to the SAME PayPal address that I sent payment to the other day!

That's pretty much the same message I sent the mods a day or two ago. They told me to keep it on the down low until my cards came in (the cards I bought weren't patches). CardCollector also bought a very nice Romo lot off him, and looking back at it, many of the patches now seem too good to be true. So I let him know about it as well. Even though his feedback here is good, a guy who doesn't mind faking patches for personal gain will likely go to similar measures to gain more

Hopefully the cards I paid for come in now though...he hasn't updated the DC yet. However, does this give me my inaugural BODA badge?

Welcome to BODA!!! Your membership packet should arrive in 2-4 weeks
Old 07-13-2013, 11:43 PM   #13
smackvay

Quote:

romo2to@hotmail.com

I nominated the last "sheriff" and he got into hot water so........
Please raise your right hand and repeat after me
I __________ will do my best to protect and investigate (REAL loud) ALL SCAMMER LIKE ACTIVITY that is reported to me, I will drive cross country if need be to lay the smack down, and last but not least i will police these forums to the like of the famous people of the past and present who dod this job before me to the likes of PTF, PlatinumPlus, and __________ (you can add one) God Bless and God Speed (insert your name here)

Payment and benefits arent much, well actually nothing
but its the satisfaction is what will pay the bills
Carry on and remember kids are looking up to you
Old 07-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #14
Andrew Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjs852 View Post
Welcome to BODA!!! Your membership packet should arrive in 2-4 weeks
He nailed it and used actual pertinent information in doing so which means he isn't eligible for BODA membership.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #15
Clarka3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
He nailed it and used actual pertinent information in doing so which means he isn't eligible for BODA membership.
i hear you have to misspell Exquisite to really reach the higher ranks of the BODA.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #16
lagalaxyfan23
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackvay View Post
I nominated the last "sheriff" and he got into hot water so........
Please raise your right hand and repeat after me
I __________ will do my best to protect and investigate (REAL loud) ALL SCAMMER LIKE ACTIVITY that is reported to me, I will drive cross country if need be to lay the smack down, and last but not least i will police these forums to the like of the famous people of the past and present who dod this job before me to the likes of PTF, PlatinumPlus, and __________ (you can add one) God Bless and God Speed (insert your name here)

Payment and benefits arent much, well actually nothing
but its the satisfaction is what will pay the bills
Carry on and remember kids are looking up to you
I'll definitely have to take some serious reflection time on this...not sure I can handle the heat. I'll let you know by tomorrow
Old 07-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #17
lagalaxyfan23
Inactive Account

In all seriousness, I purchased from him five days ago. He hasn't updated the DC number. Not really sure what to do here haha because I still really want the cards I bought off him.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #18
CardCollector

Quote:
In all seriousness, I purchased from him five days ago. He hasn't updated the DC number. Not really sure what to do here haha because I still really want the cards I bought off him.
That's weird. Those Romos are out for delivery today. He has emailed me multiple times because as soon as I found out he was a scammer and 3 days of no DC update, I opened a case. He keeps emailing me telling me to drop the case. I will once the cards arrive and look good.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #19
lagalaxyfan23
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardCollector View Post
That's weird. Those Romos are out for delivery today. He has emailed me multiple times because as soon as I found out he was a scammer and 3 days of no DC update, I opened a case. He keeps emailing me telling me to drop the case. I will once the cards arrive and look good.
So are you suggesting that I open a case and/or email him, and that will get his attention?
Old 07-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #20
smackvay

Quote:
I'll definitely have to take some serious reflection time on this...not sure I can handle the heat. I'll let you know by tomorrow
Listen if your not up to the job I will revoke my nomination and find some with a lot less qualification!!!!
Id file a claim and save yourself some time
Old 07-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #21
MetDude

Quote:
So are you suggesting that I open a case and/or email him, and that will get his attention?
Considering the history, just file a case now.
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #22
lagalaxyfan23
Inactive Account

Thanks guys. I hadn't heard a peep from him for the last five days, but about two hours after I opened a claim he sent me this message:

yes, im sending them out tomorrow, they banned me for some unknown reason, they wont even tell me why, I don't know what is going on. ill update the trakcing tomorrow thru paypal
Old 07-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #23
MetDude

Step in the right direction hopefully.
Do not close the case until items are in hand.
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #24
lagalaxyfan23
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetDude View Post
Step in the right direction hopefully.
Do not close the case until items are in hand.
Of course not thanks DC has been updated, and he claimed he shipped today, but it's not showing its arrival at the post office yet. I'll be sure to make a video of me opening it once it arrives just to be sure
Old 07-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #25
lagalaxyfan23
Inactive Account

DC showing delivered. Looks like PayPal decided to take the liberty of closing the case automatically because of that, so let's just pray that the contents in the package are indeed the cards I bought Because if not, I don't think there's anything haha.

I'm out on vacation right now so I don't know, but fingers crossed!