Blowout Cards Forums
2017 nat

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 07-21-2017, 07:11 PM   #501
slidethefive

It's odd that there are over 1600 listings and there have only been 96 sales. Also, 19 of those sales are sets of some sort.

It will probably pick up over the weekend, but makes me wonder about the demand for this product.
slidethefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:16 PM   #502
maxpower

Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionjmm View Post
Those are not full master sets. They do not include the SP Galactic Moments insert set.

Also, there are 2.5 full master sets per case compared to past releases where you only got 1 per case. You can't expect them to sell for the same price.
There are some going for $100 obo. If using the 2.5:1 ratio, I guess that would be equivalent to a $250 master set per case of past releases.

Speaking of hits, as a collector, I would have loved to see film cels, costume relics like the wookie or ewok fur, something that feels more collectible than manufactured.

As for low resale volume or interest, it could just be star wars fatigue.

Last edited by maxpower; 07-21-2017 at 07:25 PM.
maxpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:04 PM   #503
Vargaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by richo View Post
Sketchopolix has just listed the Fisher Jabba Bib triple, Daisy gold and Fisher gold..

Pretty sure that is either the 4th or 5th gold Rey and the 1/1 red was also pulled and one plate, so that means only 3 plates and maybe 1 more gold left!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2017, 10:40 PM   #504
Vargaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Welp, just hit this.

[IMG][/IMG]

What number was your fisher gold?

Old 07-21-2017, 11:00 PM   #505
mtcrab

I opened my case tonight. It was alright, nothing special.

Autos-
Glover/Colley 6/16
Keone Young Gold 12/25
Oliver Ford Davies Gold 20/25
Michonne Bourriague Gold 2/25
Taber Base 162/199
LaMarr Base 10/50
Owens Base 28/199
Davies Base 74/194
Oyaya Base 168/199
Shapi Base 195/199
Walpole Base 90/99
Bourriague Base 138/188

6 medallions - only one is silver: Zuckuss Star Destroyer 14/99

4 great, all-color sketches - Anthony Skubis, Chewbacca; Tim Smith, Pao; Paul Andrews, Imperial Guard, and Locoduck, Chewie. All 4 are pretty awesome!

2 base plates - Empire Veers magenta and Return Bib Fortuna cyan.

I'm not overwhelmed, but I'm also not disappointed, except the two Bourriague and Davies autos. The collation on Topps autographs is terrible. This is like the 4th or 5th time I've gotten a base and parallel of the same auto in a case. Meh.

At least I got a card of one of the new signers...
mtcrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:24 AM   #506
PrestigeWorld

Anybody else find that these cards have a very distinct odour? Usually I leave unsorted base in my room but these just smell strange and I can't do it.
PrestigeWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:30 AM   #507
Vargaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcrab View Post
I opened my case tonight. It was alright, nothing special.

Autos-
Glover/Colley 6/16
Keone Young Gold 12/25
Oliver Ford Davies Gold 20/25
Michonne Bourriague Gold 2/25
Taber Base 162/199
LaMarr Base 10/50
Owens Base 28/199
Davies Base 74/194
Oyaya Base 168/199
Shapi Base 195/199
Walpole Base 90/99
Bourriague Base 138/188

6 medallions - only one is silver: Zuckuss Star Destroyer 14/99

4 great, all-color sketches - Anthony Skubis, Chewbacca; Tim Smith, Pao; Paul Andrews, Imperial Guard, and Locoduck, Chewie. All 4 are pretty awesome!

2 base plates - Empire Veers magenta and Return Bib Fortuna cyan.

I'm not overwhelmed, but I'm also not disappointed, except the two Bourriague and Davies autos. The collation on Topps autographs is terrible. This is like the 4th or 5th time I've gotten a base and parallel of the same auto in a case. Meh.

At least I got a card of one of the new signers...
Pics of the locoduck sketch?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2017, 01:24 AM   #508
Bryanjs14

opened the worst case of all time. two plates, both nothing special. 3 gold autos Taber the biggest name of the golds, rest base autos. 4 sketches only 1 nice one, 3 very low quality ones. 6 medallions, only one numbered /99. No gold base /10.

No duals, no reds. No anything at all. Taber gold literally the best name hit. To anyone opening cases, you are welcome to eliminating that one from the population.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 02:52 AM   #509
AusRam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
opened the worst case of all time. two plates, both nothing special. 3 gold autos Taber the biggest name of the golds, rest base autos. 4 sketches only 1 nice one, 3 very low quality ones. 6 medallions, only one numbered /99. No gold base /10.

No duals, no reds. No anything at all. Taber gold literally the best name hit. To anyone opening cases, you are welcome to eliminating that one from the population.
Ouch, that sounds ugly. Just broke my case, better than yours, but still pretty mediocre.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:12 AM   #510
MarciaDye

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviswr7 View Post
great stuff Marcia. Top left is my fav. Wonderful.
Thank you!
MarciaDye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 06:31 PM   #511
Vargaman

Hamill 1/1 pulled on Facebook

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2017, 11:16 PM   #512
deeceman

just posted 2 more cases in the break section.

Dave
deeceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:41 AM   #513
maxpower

just opened my first box

tarkin base auto /215 (I took one for the team!)
cool boba fett sketch
2 green parallel, 1 purple locations and 1 purple character (2 were in the same pack)

Last edited by maxpower; Yesterday at 01:46 AM.
Old Yesterday, 03:05 PM   #514
auctionjmm

Shameless plug...

But all my big cards are ending at auction tonight and early bidding has been disappointing. I know the "new" thing is to bid in the last 5 minutes so I'm sure there will be some strong sales, but going by page views and watchers, I don't think many collectors are into this one. That might also explain the low demand for cases when the ordering window was open.
auctionjmm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM   #515
ForceChange77

I bet a lot of people are at sdcc this weekend.
ForceChange77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:33 PM   #516
Cujobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceChange77 View Post
I bet a lot of people are at sdcc this weekend.
Was just going to mention this. Oh have some great stuff, auctioning isn't always the best.
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM   #517
maxpower

That is probably why topps pulled all their sales from their site recently. So they can sell them off easier at SDCC. (are they even there?)

I think reborn just seems more as an "extra" set compared to something more memorable and iconic like an anniversary or other set. And most of the card designs are somewhat cheesy single character poses and not as interesting as other sets IMO. So many lower signers in the set too. And of course too many star wars sets being put out...

Last edited by maxpower; Yesterday at 05:12 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM   #518
maxpower

Opened 2 more boxes.

Got a Watto /215 and some other prequel character /199 I already forgot the name of and not bothering to go open the pack again to find. Also bo katan printing plate and base medallion of some droid I don't recognize. I estimate I got about $30 value out of each box I opened...

If these ever go on sale for ~$50/box down the road if any are left, I may consider buying more. Otherwise, I think I'm out.

Last edited by maxpower; Yesterday at 06:56 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:57 PM   #519
Vargaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
Opened 2 more boxes.

Got a Watto /215 and some other prequel character /199 I already forgot the name of and not bothering to go open the pack again to find. Also bo katan printing plate and base medallion of some droid I don't recognize. I estimate I got about $30 value out of each box I opened...

If these ever go on sale for ~$50/box down the road if any are left, I may consider buying more. Otherwise, I think I'm out.

A plate should be at least $75 value usually. But yeah $30 is for the other 3 hits combined.

Old Yesterday, 10:46 PM   #520
auctionjmm

UPDATE:

My auctions all took off in the last 10 seconds and I was very pleased. Despite the lack of interest in Fixed Price offerings, it at least appears that some buyers are willing to bid strong on auctions.

Through this evening I have sales of $2466.48 on a total investment of $1780.00. I still have most of my base autographs at auction, and I have several mini master sets, base sets, and parallel lots left to sell, so I stand a good chance to gross 1K profit or better on two cases. Even if you take out my 3 big hits, I'd still have a decent profit. Goes to show that even average cases can have some value to them. Good luck to all who are selling.
auctionjmm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM   #521
Vargaman

Quote:
UPDATE:

My auctions all took off in the last 10 seconds and I was very pleased. Despite the lack of interest in Fixed Price offerings, it at least appears that some buyers are willing to bid strong on auctions.

Through this evening I have sales of $2466.48 on a total investment of $1780.00. I still have most of my base autographs at auction, and I have several mini master sets, base sets, and parallel lots left to sell, so I stand a good chance to gross 1K profit or better on two cases. Even if you take out my 3 big hits, I'd still have a decent profit. Goes to show that even average cases can have some value to them. Good luck to all who are selling.

Also helps 8% eBay bucks ends tonight at midnight which likely boosted what people were willing to pay.

Old Today, 01:22 AM   #522
Cujobyte

Quote:
UPDATE:

Nice going! I got to bust my case with my best friend, and introduce her to trading cards. The "Fun" of doing this is often very much overlooked.

[IMG][/IMG]
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote