Haiku
Banned

Default Kobe = Best Laker Ever?

For anyone who thinks he is the greatest player ever,
For anyone who thinks he is the top five player of all time,
He is not even the Greatest Laker ever.
I guess some of you young fellas never heard of
Magic or Kareem

Kobe is without a doubt the greatest player in the last decade before passing the torch to King Hairline.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
Orangejello727

In my opinion Kobe is the best laker of all time. Infact in my opinion Kobe is the GOAT player in the NBA!!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #3
Haiku
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
In my opinion Kobe is the best laker of all time. Infact in my opinion Kobe is the GOAT player in the NBA!!
I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that you don't believe that.. You know?
Old 12-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #4
bdoody42

Greatest all time? Joke post right?

Quote:
Old 12-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
DetectiveChrome

I'm going against the grain here and gonna make a case for Kurt Rambis...

For shipping purposes: I'm from Toronto (Canada)
Old 12-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #6
Orangejello727

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
Greatest all time? Joke post right?
The only joke here is thinking your opinion affects mine and that you can argue it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku View Post
I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that you don't believe that.. You know?
Ohhhh....I know!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #7
mrveggieman

Does the name Wilt Chamberlain ring a bell to any of you?
Old 12-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #8
bdoody42

I'm not saying I can change your opinion but obviously only a biased or young persons point of view. I could see an agreement for top five and he is for sure top ten, but number 1 isn't happening. I would love to hear your reasoning though.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #9
bdoody42

Default Lol. At this.

Quote:
I'm not saying I can change your opinion but obviously only a biased or young persons point of view. I could see an agruement for top five and he is for sure top ten, but number 1 isn't happening. I would love to hear your reasoning though.
I am pretty sure that my opinion would be what 99% on what people think.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #10
Gambit

"Best Laker Ever" is too broad of a statement.

"Best" can be sub-categorized either by stats, championships, popularity, etc...

IMO, bringing the championship trophy to the city is what I consider to be the best athlete of that team in any decade, followed by individual stats..

So if Kobe gets more rings than Magic (who has 5) or Kareem (who has 6), then I will consider him the best Laker ever..

If Kobe doesn't win anymore championships and retires with 5 rings, then Magic or Kareem gets my nod over him.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #11
tnarg

He is the best laker ever. Period.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #12
Orangejello727

Quote:
I'm not saying I can change your opinion but obviously only a biased or young persons point of view. I could see an agreement for top five and he is for sure top ten, but number 1 isn't happening. I would love to hear your reasoning though.
Ill give you my reasoning to Kobe being GOAT in my opinion.. so as long you understand that the loaded question asked by Haiku is all subjective anyways.

Kobe in my opinion has the stats and accomplishments to put in the top rankings of the greatest players that played in the NBA. Once you get to that top ranking between lets say 5 players, everything comes subjective. Russell had more rings, Kareem had more pts, MJ had more MVPS etc.. Some people give certain criterias more pts than others. Some will say MJs MVPs are worth more than Russells rings. Or Kareems pts are worth more than this or that.

So picking a GOAT is pretty impossible until you throw your opinion into it. This is where my opinion of Kobe comes in. Aside from stats and accomplishments and Kobe being my favorite player, I look at determination and drive. Im not saying all the other guys didnt have it, Im saying Kobe had it more. Kobe put more effort into working harder to define his game, to better himself and made basketball his life. Again, this is not saying other players didnt do it, its just saying that I feel Kobe went the extra distance.

Kobe would finish a game and lose. He would go back onto the court after the game and take FTs, jump shots and layups. He would go back out after the game and try and fix whatever the issue was. On days off, he is in the gym conditioning his game. In the off season, he is doing anything possible to model his game to be better.

When MJ played, he defined basketball and the NBA. With kobe, his life was/is basketball. Two different perspectives.

I dont know what holds water when you rank who is the GOAT. But for me personally after number crunching stats and awards, it becomes subjective. THe reason above is what puts Kobe above everyone else there after. That coupled with him being my favourite player of all time.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #13
thepinoymamba

KObe is the greatest Lakers of all time. The most Points scored in one Franchise...

Kobe Bryant will end up being in the Top 5 of all time greats..

Michael Jordan, Oscar Robertson, Kobe Bryant, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson

Kobe Anthology SET
Old 12-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #14
Haiku
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinoymamba View Post
KObe is the greatest Lakers of all time. The most Points scored in one Franchise...

Kobe Bryant will end up being in the Top 5 of all time greats..

Michael Jordan, Oscar Robertson, Kobe Bryant, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson
And some how you left out Kareem??
Old 12-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #15
tnarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
He is the best laker ever. Period.
Scratch that. Kobe is the best player to ever play the game. Period.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #16
Haiku
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
Scratch that. Kobe is the best player to ever play the game. Period.
Word! I think you have convinced me to change my mind.
My flight keeps getting delayed and I'm going keep on posting
Old 12-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #17
Yanke3z11

"Best Laker Ever"= Luke Walton
Old 12-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #18
forgiven1

Kobe is The Best Laker Ever!..
Old 12-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #19
Haiku
Banned

Quote:
Ill give you my reasoning to Kobe being GOAT in my opinion.. so as long you understand that the loaded question asked by Haiku is all subjective anyways.

Kobe in my opinion has the stats and accomplishments to put in the top rankings of the greatest players that played in the NBA. Once you get to that top ranking between lets say 5 players, everything comes subjective. Russell had more rings, Kareem had more pts, MJ had more MVPS etc.. Some people give certain criterias more pts than others. Some will say MJs MVPs are worth more than Russells rings. Or Kareems pts are worth more than this or that.

So picking a GOAT is pretty impossible until you throw your opinion into it. This is where my opinion of Kobe comes in. Aside from stats and accomplishments and Kobe being my favorite player, I look at determination and drive. Im not saying all the other guys didnt have it, Im saying Kobe had it more. Kobe put more effort into working harder to define his game, to better himself and made basketball his life. Again, this is not saying other players didnt do it, its just saying that I feel Kobe went the extra distance.

Kobe would finish a game and lose. He would go back onto the court after the game and take FTs, jump shots and layups. He would go back out after the game and try and fix whatever the issue was. On days off, he is in the gym conditioning his game. In the off season, he is doing anything possible to model his game to be better.

When MJ played, he defined basketball and the NBA. With kobe, his life was/is basketball. Two different perspectives.

I dont know what holds water when you rank who is the GOAT. But for me personally after number crunching stats and awards, it becomes subjective. THe reason above is what puts Kobe above everyone else there after. That coupled with him being my favourite player of all time.
Yes you are right cause Magic never did any of things you've mentioned and I'm sure no ther Laker has ever worked during offseason to develope their game
Old 12-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #20
blastman

GOAT ?

Wilt
Jordan
Kareem
Old 12-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #21
Orangejello727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku View Post
Yes you are right cause Magic never did any of things you've mentioned and I'm sure no ther Laker has ever worked during offseason to develope their game
I dont see anywhere where I said no other player did it. Dime eyes much?

I said Kobe in my opinion worked harder than any other player. He also had more determination than any other player.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #22
Haiku
Banned

Quote:
I dont see anywhere where I said no other player did it. Dime eyes much?

I said Kobe in my opinion worked harder than any other player. He also had more determination than any other player.
Of course you are right!
I must constantly remind my self that your opinions are FACTS
Thank you Mr.Google/Wikipedia, I'm glad we have you to share not your opinions but FACTS with us at all time
Thank you again.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #23
Orangejello727

EDIT:

Wont argue with a guy purposely looking to fight. ,i,,
Old 12-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #24
Haiku
Banned

Quote:
EDIT:

Wont argue with a guy purposely looking to fight. ,i,,
You should've kept the charge back, that was better
Old 12-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #25
pac213up

Similar to the NFL and QB arguments I think it is VERY difficult to make comparisons across various eras of the sport, even though people love to do it. The game was once a dominant big man game, that is no longer the case. The rules now clearly favor the offensive side of things and as such the game has shifted to a smaller, more athletic version of itself, dominated by guard play.