Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 09-01-2013, 07:29 AM   #1
Ronin

Default 2013 Rittenhouse James Bond Autographs and Relics

Thoughts? Anyone planning on picking up a box or two? Perhaps a case?

There's a few big names from Skyfall that I don't see included in the list of signers: Fiennes, Bardem, Finney and Whishaw. Can't anyone verify this?

Relic cards consist of costume material(hopefully used), but no prop cards - which is fine.

Look like a good release or a sloppy one?

Last edited by Ronin; 10-02-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #2
Bryanjs14
Banned

I believe Naomie Harris is part of this release, but I didn't hear anything about the other signers you mentioned
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:23 AM   #3
nabzy28

I've learned to avoid Rittenhouse regular-type releases and just buy the card or two that I really want. It takes so long for product to dry up because no body wants to be 'that guy' and take the shot breaking it. It's like a stare down to see who will flinch first and eat the $35 loss per box... unless you amazingly are able to hit one of the top autos in between the $3 ones. They really need to figure out the value side for collectors.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #4
alantown

Deleted...

Last edited by alantown; 10-10-2013 at 07:21 PM.
alantown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:34 AM   #5
Ronin

Anyone else buying this product? I think I might get a few cases.

Is it possible that RA get more signers in the last month or two before release? Or pretty much what is listed so far will be for big names?
Old 09-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #6
Ronin

Bumping out of curiosity.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #7
richo

I would have liked to see more interesting relics instead of all costumes/shirts. For this reason I am leaving this one.
richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #8
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by richo View Post
I would have liked to see more interesting relics instead of all costumes/shirts. For this reason I am leaving this one.
I haven't found the relics of past releases to be THAT attractive, as opposed to clothing.The costume cards from what I've seen looked pretty good. I hope they are worn, but I believe most are. I would be more concerned with signers as it looks like they are missing a handful of actors from Skyfall. I wonder what the chances are that they might attach new signers after the release advertisement list had already been put out.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:01 AM   #9
Bryanjs14
Banned

The full checklist is now available on the Rittenhouse website and I gotta saw...WOW

This set is shaping up to be a MONSTER of a Bond set. We don't even know the SP's on the relics yet, but I am sure some will be very low numbered. I think the autograph line-up is one of the strongest of all the Bond releases so far.

So to get a relic set with perfect collation you are talking 5.5 cases (but we know the odds of that are nearly impossible).

To complete the gold parallel base set you are looking at over 9 cases with perfect collation again.

The archive box for this release is going to be a MASSIVE seller, could we see the most expensive selling archive box of all time? (out of the gate) I think so. Very glad I upped my order on this release. Will have plenty of singles and sets come release date at the end of this month as I plan on ripping some cases for myself for sure.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:58 AM   #10
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
The full checklist is now available on the Rittenhouse website and I gotta saw...WOW

This set is shaping up to be a MONSTER of a Bond set. We don't even know the SP's on the relics yet, but I am sure some will be very low numbered. I think the autograph line-up is one of the strongest of all the Bond releases so far.

So to get a relic set with perfect collation you are talking 5.5 cases (but we know the odds of that are nearly impossible).

To complete the gold parallel base set you are looking at over 9 cases with perfect collation again.

The archive box for this release is going to be a MASSIVE seller, could we see the most expensive selling archive box of all time? (out of the gate) I think so. Very glad I upped my order on this release. Will have plenty of singles and sets come release date at the end of this month as I plan on ripping some cases for myself for sure.
It does look fantastic. Hopefully we get to see some nice variants on the costume cards. Happy to see low prints on them. Plus Gold Parallel

As for signers, It looks like no Ralph Fiennes, Albert Finney, Javier Bardem, or Ben Whishaw. I've had my fingers crossed that they could get Robbie Coltrane to finally sign. Now THAT would've been awesome! The auto line up looks huge already, so I am more than satisfied! Glad to see someone else as much into Bond as I am.

Last edited by Ronin; 10-02-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:04 AM   #11
Brobocop

Wow, those have to be the nicest relic cards I have ever seen. Simple design with some powerful images from the movie. They just look really nice and just bring the focus to the relic and how it was used in the movie. Those quad relics are really awesome. I'm really impressed by these.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #12
Bryanjs14
Banned

So, everyone get their guesses in what the first archive box goes for. With the sheer size of this release and the limited nature of a lot of the cards in it I am guessing $3750 for the first master set.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #13
Ronin

Whitehorse9 on ebay is already selling costume cards. I wonder how accurate the pricing is.

james bond from whitehorse9 | eBay
Old 10-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #14
Ronin

No Skyfall fullbleed autos.

There's repeat signers, some in FB style again.

Hmm..
Old 10-04-2013, 06:22 AM   #15
TheDude1138

Although the inserts look great, what actually sold me on this one was the base set. It looks like they actually took some time and got some great action pics for it. I hate it when base sets are just slopped together with boring images or terrible design. Never been a fan of the quotable cards. Just ugly. Fortunately there aren't many of those. The Goldfinger throw back set looks really good too! I'm in for a case.
TheDude1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #16
cardinalfan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
No Skyfall fullbleed autos.

There's repeat signers, some in FB style again.

Hmm..

The 3 case incentive is a skyfall fb auto ola rapace
cardinalfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #17
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalfan13 View Post
The 3 case incentive is a skyfall fb auto ola rapace
You're right. I should have said "besides the 3 case incentive", I had assumed that people would know that I was talking about pack pulled autos.

I actually fortified my 3 case incentive ola to get an $80 discount.