Blowout Cards Forums
2023 Football

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

Notices

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 04-08-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
DCN12586
Banned

Default WWE Extreme Rules

Thoughts on what the matches will be?

My guess is Sin Cara makes his debut in his first ppv event against Jack Swagger. Sin Cara reminds me of Mysterio when he was in his prime dude has some sick moves.

Christian vs. Edge will be a hell of a match especially since they revolutionized Ladder matches and it will be a ladder match.
DCN12586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
kennyb34
Inactive Account

Del Rio vs Edge will be good

Sin Cara reminds me of a younger Mysterio as well, he'll probally up against Swagger in an Extreme Rules match or something.
kennyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:01 PM   #3
DCN12586
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb34 View Post
Del Rio vs Edge will be good

Sin Cara reminds me of a younger Mysterio as well, he'll probally up against Swagger in an Extreme Rules match or something.
Rematch from WM probably the 2nd best match from WM, just don't know if it will be as good as Edge vs. Christian, but I guess the story line doesn't have them turning on each other yet. Kind of glad about that as I like both of them and have always been a big fan of both dating back to TLC matches between them the Hardy Boyz and the Dudley boys
Old 04-08-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
GoJays

No way in hell it will be Del Rio/Edge one-on-one. Somehow Christian will find a way to get involved. Why else would they put him in a #1 Contenders match?

Sin Cara needs to make a big PPV debut, either for a title or against a popular superstar. I could see him face Sheamus, or maybe even Wade Barrett if he gets out of this corre crap.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:41 AM   #5
kennyb34
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
No way in hell it will be Del Rio/Edge one-on-one. Somehow Christian will find a way to get involved. Why else would they put him in a #1 Contenders match?

Sin Cara needs to make a big PPV debut, either for a title or against a popular superstar. I could see him face Sheamus, or maybe even Wade Barrett if he gets out of this corre crap.
I also have the feeling the Captin Charisma and Brotus Clay will get involved somehow as well, especially considering that it is a no DQ match.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #6
DCN12586
Banned

So, wwe.com "accidentally" leaked out that Cena would be facing the Miz at Extreme Rules in a I quit match.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:27 PM   #7
mnvikingstwins

Where on the site? Looks like Super-Cena returns in the gauntlet
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #8
DCN12586
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Where on the site? Looks like Super-Cena returns in the gauntlet
They took it down was only up for about an hour or two.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:46 PM   #9
DCN12586
Banned

Edge isn't retiring the news he has is that the draft is next week.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:16 PM   #10
DCN12586
Banned

Guess I was wrong he got hurt during Smackdown when he speared Brodus Clay. Edge you will be missed and my favorite wrestler of all time.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #11
kyle134

WWE Extreme Rules

WWE Championship Triple Threat Steel Cage Match:

The Miz (c) vs.John Morrison vs. John Cena

Street Fight:

Jerry "The King" Lawler and Jim Ross vs. Michael Cole and Jack Swagger

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Ladder Match:

Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio

Last Man Standing Match:

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

Falls Count Anywhere:

Cody Rhodes and Rey Mysterio Jr

Last edited by kyle134; 04-22-2011 at 09:44 PM. Reason: updated the WWE Extreme Rules pay-per-view card
kyle134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:55 PM   #12
BigpapiManny#1

Send a message via AIM to BigpapiManny#1

Why did Edge retire???
BigpapiManny#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:00 PM   #13
bigdaddyblue73

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigpapiManny#1 View Post
Why did Edge retire???
Hurt his neck years ago and has a steel plate. Docs told him almost a certainty of a wheelchair if he keeps at it.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:09 PM   #14
BigpapiManny#1

That sucks, hate WWE now. Still watch attitude era matches on youtube. Loved Edge, second favorite too Maven.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:51 PM   #15
GoJays

Sadly, to everyone who says Sin Cara is like a new Rey Mysterio, there is one problem holding Sin Cara back: SPEECH. In today's WWE, all that matters is your ability to talk on the mic. And A: Sin Cara can't talk through a mask that covers his mouth, and B: his english is, so I hear, just horrible! If he improves on the mic, he would be better than Rey, but until that day, Rey is the superior masked marvel.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:05 PM   #16
BigpapiManny#1

Quote:
Sadly, to everyone who says Sin Cara is like a new Rey Mysterio, there is one problem holding Sin Cara back: SPEECH. In today's WWE, all that matters is your ability to talk on the mic. And A: Sin Cara can't talk through a mask that covers his mouth, and B: his english is, so I hear, just horrible! If he improves on the mic, he would be better than Rey, but until that day, Rey is the superior masked marvel.
Rey will ALWAYS be thebest masked marvel!
Old 04-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #17
GoJays

Quote:
Rey will ALWAYS be thebest masked marvel!
It's tough to say. Rey came in when the WWE was all about thugs, and toughness. Or in the words of Mr. McMahon, RUTHLESS AGRESSION. Sin Cara is coming in at a time when Ruthless Agression is not encouraged. We never really got to see the best Rey Mysterio we could. Nor will we with Sin Cara.

Both have and will have huge disadvantages in their prime. It's a shame to see the WWE waste such strong talent.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:52 PM   #18
dustin9900

Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900

Quote:
Why did Edge retire???
We are fortunate enough to have a guy named Mike Mooneyham who reports wrestling news here in Charleston check him out the guy is good....anyway according to an article Sunday it is related to the plate in his neck but after the match at WM he had his checkup with WWE Docs and they basically stated they would never clear him for a match again because of the degeneration of the condition. So you know it is serious when even the WWE won't clear someone to wrestle.

Edge for as long as I can remember has been a great wrestler in this business. Night in and Night out he put on a great show and he did a lot of it injured. His ladder matches are some of the most epic matches in WWE history! Going to miss the Rated R Superstar!!

They say he might do some behind the scenes work for them now maybe as a booker or creative writer. He was one of the most respected guys in that locker room.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:24 PM   #19
GoJays

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin9900 View Post
We are fortunate enough to have a guy named Mike Mooneyham who reports wrestling news here in Charleston check him out the guy is good....anyway according to an article Sunday it is related to the plate in his neck but after the match at WM he had his checkup with WWE Docs and they basically stated they would never clear him for a match again because of the degeneration of the condition. So you know it is serious when even the WWE won't clear someone to wrestle.

Edge for as long as I can remember has been a great wrestler in this business. Night in and Night out he put on a great show and he did a lot of it injured. His ladder matches are some of the most epic matches in WWE history! Going to miss the Rated R Superstar!!

They say he might do some behind the scenes work for them now maybe as a booker or creative writer. He was one of the most respected guys in that locker room.
Edge should be back, though. Not in the near future, but if WM 29 comes back to TO (and I pray it does!), he'll probably have 1 MATCH. No little scraps on MNR, just one fight at WM. If WM doesn't come to TO, we may have to wait a while.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:24 PM   #20
SBelcher

After a well deserved vacation, I'd love to see Edge back in WWE as a GM / Commissioner. Great on the mic and can easily get the crowd behind him or have them booing him out of the building. He is way to talented to have out of the picture. The WWE needs some stars, and Edge was one of the brightest.

After feeling really let down with Wrestlemania, I won't be ordering Extreme Rules.
SBelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:40 PM   #21
mavsfan

Cena is winning it, nice run by the miz, but don't see it lasting much longer
Old 04-20-2011, 10:05 PM   #22
SBelcher

After no title changes at Mania, I wouldn't want to see two new champs in the same night. Let everyone think Cena is going to win, then spin it so he loses once again.
Give Morrison a transitional run, turn Cena heel and have him take it at SummerSlam and build something towards Mania 29.
I can dream, right?
SBelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:08 AM   #23
Igman7

Quote:
Edge should be back, though. Not in the near future, but if WM 29 comes back to TO (and I pray it does!), he'll probably have 1 MATCH. No little scraps on MNR, just one fight at WM. If WM doesn't come to TO, we may have to wait a while.
He will NEVER be in a match again. From what I understand, he had to sign a waiver prior to his WM match to not hold the WWE liable for any aditional injury as they already knew it then and the ONLY reason that it was even considered was that it would make Mania his last match.

As far as Extreme Rules goes, I will be more than happy to check out the results on Raw after blowing $60 on WM.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:58 PM   #24
heely

Because The Rock will be in the area, and on Raw the next night, I wouldn't be that surprised if he involves himself at the end of the triple threat match. Not glorifying him self like at WM, but just a quick minute or two. I could be wrong on that, and either way, will enjoy Raw the next night, but I wouldn't be to surprised, and if Cena is in a match at a PPV or raw in FL, I could see the same thing happening again, to keep it fresh. Seems like he may check in periodically until the Rumble.
heely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #25
kennyb34
Inactive Account

Anyone else here about Rey leaving at the end of the month ?