Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 11-23-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
jeg2315

Default Calling out CODYJM

Had a deal in place almost two weeks ago, and have not heard from him since.

I sent my (cash) payment in mail at that time, and he has ignored me even though he has been online and completed other deals.

Tried messaging about an update him multiple times but have received no response. Hate being ignored...

Anyone been able to deal with CODYJM recently?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

UPDATE

Member contacted me and explained everything. Received the card today and all is well now.

Thanks to all who helped.

Last edited by jeg2315; 12-02-2011 at 02:16 PM.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:06 PM   #2
Gibberish

Saw a friend post in one of his threads, I dropped a post directing him to here.
If you have sent PMs prior to today and he has ignored them as you say,since he appeared to be on to day chatting at 1pm, I would go ahead and hit him with the negative and let it work itself out from there.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:07 PM   #3
jeg2315

Thanks for the help!

Looks like I might have to resort to posting in his threads. Not something I would enjoy, but at this point I have to try something.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:06 PM   #4
wwechampion619

I just bought his Uncharted 3 for the PS3. Hopefully i get it and it was just a misunderstanding
Old 11-24-2011, 02:16 PM   #5
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwechampion619 View Post
I just bought his Uncharted 3 for the PS3. Hopefully i get it and it was just a misunderstanding
And the above is why it is so important to leave negatives when a deal doesnt go right instead of hunting people down when they havent responded or shipped for 2 weeks.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:18 PM   #6
marino5084

Why in the hell are people still sending cash and paying by gift payments. As far as I'm concerned, if you are going to be this ignorant you get what you deserve.

You may think I am being a dick here, but look at all the scams that have taken place and no one heeds the warning. You play with fire you will get burned.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:31 PM   #7
cking

The worse part is giving him the negative is only gonna hurt you more then him. If you take the nice approach you still may recieve your item. Give him the neg and you will never get your item. He would have no incentive to send once he has been given the negative. I personally would not care,I would just neg him. This site stinks lately.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:19 PM   #8
palmdesertcards
Banned

I agree, the number of scams and theft are through the roof right now. Why is the site not doing more to banhammer these morons?
palmdesertcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:24 PM   #9
marino5084

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmdesertcards View Post
I agree, the number of scams and theft are through the roof right now. Why is the site not doing more to banhammer these morons?
You know what the site should do. Require payment by check, MO, or Paypal only. If you do not follow these rules, you have no right to post and #@#@#@#@#@#@ about a deal gone bad.

I for one am getting tired of still seeing people crying over getting ripped off when they did absolutely nothing to protect themselves.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Old 11-24-2011, 03:47 PM   #10
jeg2315

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
And the above is why it is so important to leave negatives when a deal doesnt go right instead of hunting people down when they havent responded or shipped for 2 weeks.
I'm a patient person, so I prefer to try to contact the member before I act. The finality of a negative makes it a last resort for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino5084 View Post
Why in the hell are people still sending cash and paying by gift payments. As far as I'm concerned, if you are going to be this ignorant you get what you deserve.

You may think I am being a dick here, but look at all the scams that have taken place and no one heeds the warning. You play with fire you will get burned.
I tend to give people with decent feedback a chance. I've done many cash deals on here and other sites without a hitch. I know that does not mean it will work with everyone, but I have a certain disposition to give traders with a bit more experience the benefit of the doubt. If you want to just trash me for my perspective, please refrain from clogging my thread.

Again, if anyone can help me get in contact with CODYJM, I would be grateful.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:11 PM   #11
marino5084

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg2315 View Post
I'm a patient person, so I prefer to try to contact the member before I act. The finality of a negative makes it a last resort for me.

I tend to give people with decent feedback a chance. I've done many cash deals on here and other sites without a hitch. I know that does not mean it will work with everyone, but I have a certain disposition to give traders with a bit more experience the benefit of the doubt. If you want to just trash me for my perspective, please refrain from clogging my thread.

I'm not trashing or clogging your thread. I am simply trying to understand why with all the scams that have gone on here on this forum why people will trust anyone.

It seems that no matter how many itrader someone has eventually they get greedy or just plain stupid and decide that is better just to rip someone off instead of completing a deal.

The reasons for my posts are to inform you and others to be careful with making deals on the internet. It is a public forum and it is my opinion.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Old 11-24-2011, 07:37 PM   #12
leebal24

You have his address so if you live close pay him a visit if not sign him up for lots of magazines....LOL
leebal24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:06 PM   #13
cking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg2315 View Post

Just the fact that someone would have to make a statement like this on here speaks volumes about this site. I am not trying to be critical of you or your approach, I really am not. People are frustrated that these kind of members are being allowed to run loose on here. They are being given the right to steal peoples money as long as they are willing to eat the negative.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:39 PM   #14
wwechampion619

well luckily i paid by goods for my uncharted 3 from him so if all goes bad i can just get my money back
Old 11-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #15
ronlabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebal24 View Post
You have his address so if you live close pay him a visit if not sign him up for lots of magazines....LOL
You may have made this post as a joke but that is the truth knock someones teeth out of their mouth and things start changing real fast way too many douchebags on here.

And as my man Bryce said if your that stupid to send cash ttm you get what you deserve I think it's kinda funny I have over 400 transactions here and not a single one has gone bad many, many, many of them for $1K and up go figure
From the Halls of Montezuma To the shores of Tripoli; We fight our country's battles In the air, on land, and sea; First to fight for right and freedom And to keep our honor clean; We are proud to claim the title Of United States Marine.

Last edited by ronlabo; 11-24-2011 at 08:51 PM.
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:17 PM   #16
lemur01

I still send cash on occasion. Not more than $20 though.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:04 PM   #17
Greengoblin782

Yeah you should never send cash. You always have to have some proof that you paid the guy by money order, check, paypal.
Greengoblin782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:27 PM   #18
cowboyzqna

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmdesertcards View Post

You still havent paid me guy...

cowboyzqna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:25 PM   #19
palmdesertcards
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyzqna View Post
You still havent paid me guy...
pm sent?????????????????????????
palmdesertcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:05 AM   #20
jeg2315

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemur01 View Post
I still send cash on occasion. Not more than $20 though.
The deal was in that range - it wasn't high-dollar. But again, I choose to believe that I can afford most people my trust in terms of trading. (Within reason.)

I'm not new to trading, just this site - I only started dealing here within the last few months. I have done more cash transactions than I can count elsewhere, and none had gone bad until now.

Just seems like there are more and more people looking to take advantage of that implied "sense of trust" in the trading community. Can't blame the people who exercise such skepticism and precaution.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:24 AM   #21
Imac7065
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino5084 View Post
You know what the site should do. Require payment by check, MO, or Paypal only. If you do not follow these rules, you have no right to post and #@#@#@#@#@#@ about a deal gone bad.

I for one am getting tired of still seeing people crying over getting ripped off when they did absolutely nothing to protect themselves.
what the site should do is what every other site does.. public posting of any agreed deal. That way a moderator can actually deal with an issue.. on here it seems to be a crap shoot.
Imac7065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:36 AM   #22
Gibberish

ok
For everyone making a suggestion on what this site should do....take a big step back.
Look around
This is a courtesy
Blowout doesnt need to offer a BST section for anything or anyone. They have deals that ensure traffic....this is a courtesy
Now
If you feel XY and Z need to happen to make life better here, call them and PAY for the work to be done
Pay a monthly fee or a per transaction fee,to ensure that happens....because that is the direction you are talking about.
I have not been screwed here either. 1 guy tried on SCF and failed. use your head. If something feels wrong,dont let the hard-on to make a buck/get that elusive card cloud you up

I get cash payments on a regular basis.
Simple criteria, must be sent in a mailer with a DC.
My reputation as a seller helps people feel more comfortable when they need this option. Research the person you are buying from or wait and get it from someone else,simple stuff. Impatience screws most here

Imac, let me address that pearl you put up there. A guy sees a steal, buys it for half of its worth....is he wanting everyone to know so when he goes to resell and get lowballed over and over because everyone knows what he paid ? yah,thats why so few would rally behind that idea. Look at FCB, that is how it is supposed done and no one does it. Many do not want others to know what they paid or sold a lot of items for
Value has 1 meaning until people know what you paid,then it becomes a matter of " I will only allow you to make this much"
Sure, he may still sell it, but you open a door of issues
Old 11-29-2011, 11:30 AM   #23
FreeMan12406
Banned

I got suspended for like a day for bumping rules....so are the Mods more concerned with bumping than people getting ripped off?
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:40 AM   #24
mmbtvs
unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
I got suspended for like a day for bumping rules....so are the Mods more concerned with bumping than people getting ripped off?
Why don't you think about it for a minute instead of running your mouth? Bumping a thread is very black and white, there is the timestamp. Ripping people off has a lot of different levels and he said she saids about it. It takes a lot more investigating. Suspending you for bumping a thread is fair. You cannot bump your threads early. Dont' confuse punishing you with a lack of effort on the mods behalf on catching scumbags. Just because the police investigate murders doesn't mean they aren't supposed to ticket speeders.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:08 PM   #25
Tyler
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Why don't you think about it for a minute instead of running your mouth? Bumping a thread is very black and white, there is the timestamp. Ripping people off has a lot of different levels and he said she saids about it. It takes a lot more investigating. Suspending you for bumping a thread is fair. You cannot bump your threads early. Dont' confuse punishing you with a lack of effort on the mods behalf on catching scumbags. Just because the police investigate murders doesn't mean they aren't supposed to ticket speeders.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote