Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 100

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 11-26-2023, 04:12 PM   #51
cj828282

Thanks for the information. I guess it is alot like regular Heritage with the inserts. Opened 2 cases this year of Heritage and was a few inserts away from two full masters. I really hate that you have to buy two cases to get 1 master but then you get close to getting another master setwith a few more cards. At least with HHN you should be able to complete the SP set easily since it is only 25 cards and. not 100.
cj828282 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 08:38 PM   #52
mlatte

anyone with recent experience: how much value would you say you were finding in a single hobby case, on average?
mlatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 08:42 PM   #53
nephinfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlatte View Post
anyone with recent experience: how much value would you say you were finding in a single hobby case, on average?
At the sale price of $500, you're most likely still losing money or breaking even if you sell singles and build the sets. However, it is the off-season, it's still a fun break, chance for big name on-card autos &/or variations, and excellent rookie class. IMO, it's low risk for a fun break.
Old 11-26-2023, 08:55 PM   #54
bub838

Yeah even at $500 unless you hit a good Julio card you’re not getting past break even right now. Singles, lots and sets are at their lowest and there’s going to be more saturation now with people picking up these deals.

That said I picked up four cases on Friday. I think this rookie class shines once the season starts.
bub838 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 08:56 PM   #55
cj828282

It is hard to find any product with a decent ROI these days but for the going rate right now these seem like a fun low-cost break as long as you are willing to lose probably half of the initial buy-in price.
Old 11-26-2023, 09:31 PM   #56
dodgerfanjohn

Selling the sets in Heritage High is just such a pain.

If I go list a 1-400 set of 2023 Heritage at $39 shipped, it will sell before tommorow.

If I list at $35 plus priority shipping in two 300 count boxes and priority padded envelope, all four 1-400 sets will sell though it may take a week or two. If I list at $50 shipped, likely they will eventually sell.

If I list 8 501-700 2022 Heritage High sets at $20 shipped in one 300 count box via ground advantage, I net around $11 a set and they will sit. The sp’s are near worthless and the inserts don’t sell as well as regular heritage. Neither do most of the cards. Advantage is you are probably going to get more autos and special hits(though many worthless) than in Heritage regular.

2023 Heritage regular I’d estimate the current floor at $400-500 net with the worst possible case. And average case is probably about $700-800(but lots of work). IE this was a loser product at all price points except the $600 it hit on BF, and the potential upsides are real long shots. If you watch the breaks on YouTube, it’s just a really dry product. Cardsmiths at some point literally just started riffling through all the cards in some of their breaks.

2022 Heritage high floor might be in the $350 range and that’s putting in a Lot of work and having some stuff sit. As others stated, it’s for fun, and for the shot at a big hit or two.

At current pricing I can’t imagine why anyone would ever touch retail of this stuff.
dodgerfanjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 09:48 PM   #57
nephinfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerfanjohn View Post
Selling the sets in Heritage High is just such a pain.

If I go list a 1-400 set of 2023 Heritage at $39 shipped, it will sell before tommorow.

If I list at $35 plus priority shipping in two 300 count boxes and priority padded envelope, all four 1-400 sets will sell though it may take a week or two. If I list at $50 shipped, likely they will eventually sell.

If I list 8 501-700 2022 Heritage High sets at $20 shipped in one 300 count box via ground advantage, I net around $11 a set and they will sit. The sp’s are near worthless and the inserts don’t sell as well as regular heritage. Neither do most of the cards. Advantage is you are probably going to get more autos and special hits(though many worthless) than in Heritage regular.

2023 Heritage regular I’d estimate the current floor at $400-500 net with the worst possible case. And average case is probably about $700-800(but lots of work). IE this was a loser product at all price points except the $600 it hit on BF, and the potential upsides are real long shots. If you watch the breaks on YouTube, it’s just a really dry product. Cardsmiths at some point literally just started riffling through all the cards in some of their breaks.

2022 Heritage high floor might be in the $350 range and that’s putting in a Lot of work and having some stuff sit. As others stated, it’s for fun, and for the shot at a big hit or two.

At current pricing I can’t imagine why anyone would ever touch retail of this stuff.
Current prices are also during the off-season. The big rookies are in HHN, so if you wait until the season and they start strong, then HHN base sets and sets with SPs will see an increase. Julio, Witt, Strider, Lewis, Kwan, Abrams, etc. Right now, the difference in HHN set price and Heritage Low prices have to do with the amount of cards involved, IMO. It's tougher to build the low set from one case, so prices will reflect that no matter what. You'll get more HHN sets out of a case, though. However, I agree that I wouldn't touch retail of either set.

Last edited by nephinfan; 11-26-2023 at 09:53 PM.
nephinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 10:41 PM   #58
dodgerfanjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephinfan View Post
Current prices are also during the off-season. The big rookies are in HHN, so if you wait until the season and they start strong, then HHN base sets and sets with SPs will see an increase. Julio, Witt, Strider, Lewis, Kwan, Abrams, etc. Right now, the difference in HHN set price and Heritage Low prices have to do with the amount of cards involved, IMO. It's tougher to build the low set from one case, so prices will reflect that no matter what. You'll get more HHN sets out of a case, though. However, I agree that I wouldn't touch retail of either set.
The other punisher is shipping. Between 501-725 sets and 501-700 sets you are looking at 10-12 sets, each requiring $6-11 shipping. For regular heritage it’s at most 4 1-400 sets and shipping will be $11 for each of those. It also eats into the profit.
Old 11-26-2023, 10:55 PM   #59
nephinfan

Quote:
The other punisher is shipping. Between 501-725 sets and 501-700 sets you are looking at 10-12 sets, each requiring $6-11 shipping. For regular heritage it’s at most 4 1-400 sets and shipping will be $11 for each of those. It also eats into the profit.
I only sell sets in bulk, not individually. There are buyers out there that want bulk sets. But, yes, otherwise you are correct, shipping would eat into each set.

Last edited by nephinfan; 11-26-2023 at 10:58 PM.
Old 11-28-2023, 07:47 PM   #60
mlatte

just made HHN 22 my first ever case purchase -- found it at a very good price from a smaller place. always liked Heritage, it's a small outlay overall, floor is pretty solid (seems like 40-50% ROI on average?), and the ceiling with big Bobby, Julio autos or refractors (or the extremely rare multi-autos etc) is exciting. (plus other good to very good RC names on the chrome and/or auto checklist: royce, CJ, Strider, greene, torkelson, kirby, cruz)

Does anyone have a good explanation for how standard 22 Heritage is still more expensive than HHN? Even if Wander's legal troubles hadn't cropped up, the checklist is just worse overall with maybe the exception of Ohtani being in the standard autos checklist
mlatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 07:59 PM   #61
cj828282

Quote:
just made HHN 22 my first ever case purchase -- found it at a very good price from a smaller place. always liked Heritage, it's a small outlay overall, floor is pretty solid (seems like 40-50% ROI on average?), and the ceiling with big Bobby, Julio autos or refractors (or the extremely rare multi-autos etc) is exciting. (plus other good to very good RC names on the chrome and/or auto checklist: royce, CJ, Strider, greene, torkelson, kirby, cruz)

Does anyone have a good explanation for how standard 22 Heritage is still more expensive than HHN? Even if Wander's legal troubles hadn't cropped up, the checklist is just worse overall with maybe the exception of Ohtani being in the standard autos checklist
I think it is just a larger checklist and the top veterans are in the set. But could be other factors as well.
Old 11-28-2023, 08:20 PM   #62
WallyatJCCards

Quote:

Does anyone have a good explanation for how standard 22 Heritage is still more expensive than HHN?
. People have been buying cases, singles and lots of base to make sets for many years. High number has never been nearly as desirable
Old 11-28-2023, 08:35 PM   #63
nephinfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyatJCCards View Post
. People have been buying cases, singles and lots of base to make sets for many years. High number has never been nearly as desirable
2018 HHN might beg to differ. In other cases, HHN is just easier to build than Low #, but HHN often has key RCs that they don't include in Low #.

Last edited by nephinfan; 11-28-2023 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-28-2023, 08:51 PM   #64
seanbros55

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj828282 View Post
For those that have opened cases of this stuff: Were you able to complete a master from one case? If not I would assume 2 cases would do it. Stuff is cheaper now so wondering but may also reflect the ability to complete a master from 1 case of 2023 HHN as well.
Quote:
I've opened one full case, 4 individual boxes, and now I'm 2 boxes into a 2nd case. I'm still a handful of inserts short of a master set. I have several copies of some insert singles and one or none of others.
I also ordered a case to rip. I’ll post my needs/extras in BST and I encourage the recent Black November purchasers to do the same! Let’s make some trades!
seanbros55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 08:53 PM   #65
nephinfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbros55 View Post
I also ordered a case to rip. I’ll post my needs/extras in BST and I encourage the recent Black November purchasers to do the same! Let’s make some trades!
Sounds good! I will definitely need a few, but I should be able to help out quite a bit as well.
Old 11-28-2023, 09:57 PM   #66
dodgerfanjohn

HHN = 8 base sets per case and 4 501-725 sets per case and is not as widely collected.

Regular Heritage doesn’t give you a full 1-500 set in a case and only up to 3 more 1-400 sets. And it’s heavily collected. Even months after release that’s an immediate ~$300 floor on the case.
Old 11-29-2023, 08:07 PM   #67
nephinfan

Quote:
HHN = 8 base sets per case and 4 501-725 sets per case and is not as widely collected.

Regular Heritage doesn’t give you a full 1-500 set in a case and only up to 3 more 1-400 sets. And it’s heavily collected. Even months after release that’s an immediate ~$300 floor on the case.
HHN cases do not produce 8 base sets and 4 sets with SPs. In 2022 HHN cases, you don't get a full base set per box. I've opened 3 cases at this point, and not one has given a full base set. Out of 216 cards per box, 8 will be SPs, plus inserts, and usually 4 duplicate base cards. Normally, each box is about 6-8 cards short of a base set.

At most, a 2022 HHN case (as an example), will give you 6 base sets and 3 sets with SPs. There are only 96 SPs in a case, so with perfect collation on those, you're still short 4 cards for a 4th set with SPs.

I would agree with Regular Heritage being more heavily collected, but there are a lot of Heritage collectors who want both sets in their collections.
Old 11-29-2023, 08:13 PM   #68
brios8

Just got 3 cases as well..

At $600/case Worth a shot for a big JROD-WITT
brios8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 08:16 PM   #69
nephinfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brios8 View Post
Just got 3 cases as well..

At $600/case Worth a shot for a big JROD-WITT
Good luck! I hope you have much better luck than I have had.
Old 11-29-2023, 08:25 PM   #70
brios8

Quote:
Good luck! I hope you have much better luck than I have had.
Thanks

With the MVP buybacks ended up paying about $440/case
makes the risk much lower.

At the end of the day at least this product seems like a fun rip
brios8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 08:36 PM   #71
hermanotarjeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by brios8 View Post
Thanks

With the MVP buybacks ended up paying about $440/case
makes the risk much lower.

At the end of the day at least this product seems like a fun rip
It's a fantastic product to break on a rainy day - that's what the hobby is about.

But gotta do it before the redemption expiration date!
hermanotarjeta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 06:33 PM   #72
bustsomewax

One of my two cases from Blowouts BF deal got here.

3 boxes and in and I'm pretty sure I've pulled all the case hits.

Not pictured is a Witt RC Color Swap
Purple Hot Box also had Witt, Tork, and Pena refractors.

Can't even go wrong with cheap Heritage High!

Sent from my NE2217 using Tapatalk
bustsomewax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 06:36 PM   #73
bub838

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustsomewax View Post

Nice autos for sure. I foresee Jake Meyers and Emmanuel Rivera autos to finish the case off lol.
bub838 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 06:37 PM   #74
hermanotarjeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustsomewax View Post

A Philly fan dream case so far.
hermanotarjeta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 06:38 PM   #75
bustsomewax

Quote:
Originally Posted by bub838 View Post
Nice autos for sure. I foresee Jake Meyers and Emmanuel Rivera autos to finish the case off lol.
Will settle for a Stott red ink.

bustsomewax is offline   Reply With Quote