Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 07-31-2012, 02:07 AM   #1
brianleonard

Default Anyone in a pending deal with dsuj?

I have a very high end deal pending with dsuj. I sent my end out to him, (he has received), and I can get no confirmation that he has sent mine. I pmed him a couple days ago, at which point he responded that he had a death in the family, but would get my card out the next day. A completely understandable delay obviously. However, I still have no tracking number on the card, he hasn't signed in since the 26th, and I'm getting a little worried. Not calling anyone out here, just wondering if anyone else has heard from him.
brianleonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:11 AM   #2
cking

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianleonard View Post
I have a very high end deal pending with dsuj. I sent my end out to him, (he has received), and I can get no confirmation that he has sent mine. I pmed him a couple days ago, at which point he responded that he had a death in the family, but would get my card out the next day. A completely understandable delay obviously. However, I still have no tracking number on the card, he hasn't signed in since the 26th, and I'm getting a little worried. Not calling anyone out here, just wondering if anyone else has heard from him.
Blowout Cards: The highest rate of deaths in the family on the entire internet I bet you the coroners and morticians in the towns where all these people live are making crazy money. I feel bad for anyone related to anyone who is a member here because you probably dont have much longer to live. And why is it that everytime there is a death in the family it is always, always the day after someone recieves a high end card.

Last edited by cking; 07-31-2012 at 02:18 AM.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:14 AM   #3
lemur01

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
There is so many deaths in the family on this site I am surprised anyone on here has any family left
Maybe it is directly related to card collecting.

Quick stop collecting! Your family is at risk!

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:15 AM   #4
ManInTheMirror
Banned

ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:19 AM   #5
brianleonard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Blowout Cards: The highest rate of deaths in the family on the entire internet I bet you the coroners and morticians in the towns where all these people live are making crazy money. I feel bad for anyone related to anyone who is a member here because you probably dont have much longer to live. And why is it that everytime there is a death in the family it is always, always the day after someone recieves a high end card.
Its not like he's brand new, he's got 100+ feedback on here.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:29 AM   #6
cking

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianleonard View Post
Its not like he's brand new, he's got 100+ feedback on here.
I have never dealt with him so I cannot share an opinion of how he conducts himself. If he did have a death in the family then obviously thats understandable. You just dont know who to believe anymore on here. I could not even tell you how many times in the two years I have been on here that I have heard the words "I will take it" and never been paid. Dozens and thats being conservative. Heck, I had someone pm me during my last sales thread and make me an offer on a card I had. I will repeat that, he pmd me out of the blue with an exact dollar amount offer for a card I had. I said yes to his offer and sent my paypal addy. Never got paid ,never heard back. Why would someone go through the trouble of sending a pm with an offer if they had no intention of paying. I like to think I am a somewhat intellegent individual but that honestly just baffles me. I dont get it. Maybe its not meant for me to understand.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:00 AM   #7
NonSportsCardForum
Banned

Would it be harsh to say "prove it"?
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:06 AM   #8
Copeskey45

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
Would it be harsh to say "prove it"?
That wouldn't be "harsh". It would be insensitive. Not taking up for anyone, but how could you ask someone who has had a death in the family to show proof? People have to realize there is more to life than cards.
Copeskey45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:08 AM   #9
NonSportsCardForum
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copeskey45 View Post
That wouldn't be "harsh". It would be insensitive. Not taking up for anyone, but how could you ask someone who has had a death in the family to show proof? People have to realize there is more to life than cards.
I guess when youve been around long enough to see that excuse tossed out so easily at some point you have to wonder if its true or not.
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:35 AM   #10
Copeskey45

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
I guess when youve been around long enough to see that excuse tossed out so easily at some point you have to wonder if its true or not.
Oh I completely agree! It's b.s. that some people use a "death" in the family as an excuse!
Copeskey45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:07 AM   #11
Prospect Rush
Banned

Even worse is when/if u do get the cards they won't match the scans anyway. Yes he has done it before!

Yet people keep dealing with him?????????????

Last edited by Prospect Rush; 07-31-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Prospect Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:32 PM   #12
cking

Quote:
I think we are all aware that there is more to life then cards. But no matter what happened this person does not have the right to rip any one off. Death in the family or not. If you lose your job tomorrow can you walk into Walmart and shoplift anything you want as long as you tell the police "there is more to life then cards" No matter what the circumstances are, robbing someone is not acceptable.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:41 PM   #13
lemur01

Quote:
Hard to come to that realization when you have money tied up with someone in a deal.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:18 PM   #14
uberfatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
Even worse is when/if u do get the cards they won't match the scans anyway. Yes he has done it before!

oh was this that Miguel Sano BC auto thing?
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:25 PM   #15
brianleonard

Quote:

Already read through that topic. Luckily my deal was for a graded card
Old 07-31-2012, 05:12 PM   #16
marquettebull06
Inactive Account

I'm sorry but the "someone died" excuse is overused and it paints the other party in a corner. If you call them out you're an a**hole as you have no proof otherwise and if you don't say anything you could be getting duped. True story: I had a bunch of cards I sold when my daughter was born in April. She came 3 weeks early. I emailed the buyers from the hospital and explained the situation. Took me 3 minutes. My point being, even if something comes up I think you still have a responsibility to make people aware there may be a delay. As far as the specific "someone died" excuse...I has a guy jerking me around about a fireplace installation. He kept coming up with excuse after excuse...one of the final ones was that his grandfather died. Convenient. If you don't take initiative to contact me to explain, I'm calling BS. I told him to "show me the body". It turned out he was full of sh*t and I got my money back. Obviously, it was a different situation but I would not buy that excuse based on my experience. No matter what happens, you need to communicate. "No excuses. Play like a champion." (Wedding Crashers)
marquettebull06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:26 PM   #17
brianleonard

Just so you guys know, I did get a tracking number from dsuj today. Hope all is well with he and his family.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:22 PM   #18
Jenkinssssss

Send a message via AIM to Jenkinssssss

Quote:

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/b...-end-deal.html

The Kemp in that deal went for $1800 few months later...FML.
Jenkinssssss is offline   Reply With Quote