Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 06-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
Cactuspies

Default Ebay returned package where to go from here

First time ever I have had a returned package for a bad address given by a buyer (according to ebay's awesome email I'm a super seller and have been selling since 2005)

The mailer came back on Saturday and even has the forwarding sticker on it, but it shows expired. I contacted the guy sunday morning minutes after I picked up my mail and I have not heard back since. He has great buying feedback but the last one left on 5/28. I contacted that seller (who is on here) to see if they had mailing issues too. I haven't heard back from that person, but it has only been a few hours.

So now I have the card and the money and no reply from the buyer.

Best advice on what to do? I'm going to be unavailable for the next 2 weeks so I won't be able to reship until the end of the month. I can refund anytime, but I'd like to know what the buyer wants out of it to make it right.

FYI it was a BIN/BO and I accepted his offer and he paid right away. Shipped right through ebay/paypal.
Patriots 6 time Champs
catching up to johnmabry47: are you on my ignore list too? 76 and counting
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
XL5

If you don't hear from him by the time you become unavailable, refund with an explanation.

Worst possible outcome would be for him to want a resolution after you leave town (or whatever) and can't do anything for 2 weeks.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
Cactuspies

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
If you don't hear from him by the time you become unavailable, refund with an explanation.

Worst possible outcome would be for him to want a resolution after you leave town (or whatever) and can't do anything for 2 weeks.
Update...messaged him again this morning saying that If I didn't hear back he was getting a refund since I will be gone until the end of the month. Of course I hear back but he gives me the same mailing address that the PO can't deliver too...geez.
Patriots 6 time Champs
Old 06-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
nyisle

Send a message via AIM to nyisle

Here is a question I have related to this subject, just had a packaged returned to me while I was on vacation, buyer said he watched the tracking and saw that it was returned to me for wrong address. He then gives me the correct address, my question is this, who should cover the new shipping costs, I gave him free shipping, so now that I mailed it again, I have now paid for free shipping for him twice, in the future who should be paying for the second round of shipping? After all it was his mistake not putting the correct address.
nyisle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #5
Cactuspies

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyisle View Post
Here is a question I have related to this subject, just had a packaged returned to me while I was on vacation, buyer said he watched the tracking and saw that it was returned to me for wrong address. He then gives me the correct address, my question is this, who should cover the new shipping costs, I gave him free shipping, so now that I mailed it again, I have now paid for free shipping for him twice, in the future who should be paying for the second round of shipping? After all it was his mistake not putting the correct address.
honestly I have no idea. I just took off the yellow sticker and tossed mine back in the mail since he gave me the same address as we started with. I'm hoping it was post office mix up. How much are we talking on your end? 3oz will only run you $1.64 each time, so paying twice shouldn't hurt too much unless the item sold for a low amount and you are eating a lot of costs now. I tried to call paypal yesterday and I was on hold for a good 20 minutes before I hung up, that was all after having to navigate for 10 minutes to find a live person. I also tried posting a question on the paypal Q&A but I don't think anyone liked me there.

You can always try and see the paypal Q&A forum to see if someone has already posted that question. maybe this bump will get someone else to chime in.
Patriots 6 time Champs