Blowout Cards Forums
2024 Baseball

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > FANTASY SPORTS TALK > FANTASY FOOTBALL

Notices

FANTASY FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL fantasy talk here... daily fantasy and leagues.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
addicted36
Banned

Default Blowout Fantasy Football League...where you at?

Ok we have the makings of a Football league now. Everyone should read the entire thread and catchup on this. This first post will be used for information about the league.

General information:

01. Majority rules, you guys decide the rules for the game we play. Everything is up for discussion
02. Commissioner will be tolrobb
03. League will be played in Yahoo

Members of the league:

01) Addicted_2_Skins - Addicted36
02) Revis and Butthead - yankeesfan24
03) Foles era - Devi8or
04) Team Awesome - armyatc22
05) HighRoller - Hixson
06) StormTrooperJackG - jackg1980
07) Tolrobb - (league commissioner) Tolrobb
08) carl2001
09) Go_Wiz - gowizards0
10) Long Bomb - pats4dawin
11) Jermizzle5 - Jermizzle5
12) BK - Falcons_Fan

Alternates:
01)

Prize and conditions:

01) Each member is putting up a $25 SV card for entry. Each of us will send the card entry to tolrobb so he has them before we draft. Everyone's card must be received by tolrobb before August 01. Failure to submit a card by August 01 will mean forfeiture from the league. The cards must meet an average of $25 completed sales value in Ebay. These 12 cards will be considered the prize pool.

2) Tolrobb will scan each card and post them for everyone to see and hold them until the league ends. When the standings are known and the league completes the prizes will be distributed as follows...First place finisher in the league will get to pick 6 of the 12 cards in the prize pool first that are his choice. Second place will then pick 3 cards from the remaining 6 cards and third place will get the remaining cards from the prize pool

3) It will be the responsibility of the winners to pay for shipping the prizes to themselves. Winners will contact tolrobb and arrange payment for shipping prizes.

League Rules:

It is everyone's responsibility to understand the scoring rules of the league. This is a keeper league and a the draft order is determined by the last season. The rules are:

Draft Order Rules

A. Winner of 5 vs. 6 game in playoffs gets the higher draft pick the following season.

B. Winner of the loser's bracket gets the #1 picks the following season.

C. Loser of the loser's bracket championship game gets the #2 pick the following season.

D. picks 3 through 6 are determined by winning percentage and points scored during the season.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keeper Rules

1. One keeper per team, max number of keepers would be 12 players this year

2. You do not have to keep anyone if you don't want to

3. Keepers must be announced 1 week prior to the draft

4. The "cost"of a keeper is one round lower. Example if you want to keep your 2nd round 2012 pick that counts as your 1st round pick this year. If you keep your 9th round pick from the 2012 draft that player will be your 8th round pick this year. If you keep your 1st round pick it will cost you your 1st round pick

5. If you want to keep someone you picked up off the Waiver Wire that player will be your 7th round pick

6. If you want to keep someone that you traded for then the cost will be one round lower then where he was drafted. If your player was drafted by another team in round 4 and you want to keep him that player will cost you your third round pick

To see the results of last seasons draft go here

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....435/lastseason

2014 Draft Order

1. BK
2. Revis and Butthead
3. tolrobb
4. Long Bomb
5. Foles Era
6. Fantasy Newbie
7. Go_Wiz
8. MarshallCutler6 (pending name change)
9. stormtrooperJackG
10. jermizzle5
11. team awesome
12. addicted_2_skins

Prizes for 2014 League Winners Found Here

http://s63.photobucket.com/user/tolr...?sort=3&page=1

Last edited by addicted36; 08-27-2014 at 03:12 PM.
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
yankeesfan24

I don't want to run it because I will be busy with basketball during the NFL season, but definitely interested in joining one.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
ManInTheMirror
Banned

I am in like Flynn.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #4
zonacats8

I like the idea, but the problem is how do you decide on the cards? Wait until the season is over?

Because a card could be worth $25 before the season starts, but by the end, it could be worth $5 or it could be worth $100

I think it might just be easier to do money, but just my 2 cents.
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #5
iBLeeDBaTTLeReD

CA$H IS KING!!!!!! I'd be interested in a cash league...
Old 06-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #6
trouts2

Send a message via AIM to trouts2

I'd join as well so lmk
trouts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #7
addicted36
Banned

Couple of things...

I don't want to run this but if I have to I will. I've commissioned before, not a big deal to me I'm just lazy

Cash is a no/no I believe. We can't openly gamble here but talking cards is ok. If you want to do a gambling cash league please don't post that here. I dont want to see this closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
I like the idea, but the problem is how do you decide on the cards? Wait until the season is over?

Because a card could be worth $25 before the season starts, but by the end, it could be worth $5 or it could be worth $100

I think it might just be easier to do money, but just my 2 cents.
I was thinking to get in the league you have to send the card your offering to join to the commissioner. We do that today not at the end of the season. If that card goes up in value then so be it. If it goes down in value then so be it. It is what it is. Members send the card to the commissioner who holds the cards and sends them together to the winner at the end of the game. Card value is based off Ebay averages. Then everyone knows in advance what the winner will get at the end of this.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #8
iBLeeDBaTTLeReD

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
Couple of things...

I don't want to run this but if I have to I will. I've commissioned before, not a big deal to me I'm just lazy

Cash is a no/no I believe. We can't openly gamble here but talking cards is ok. If you want to do a gambling cash league please don't post that here. I dont want to see this closed

I was thinking to get in the league you have to send the card your offering to join to the commissioner. We do that today not at the end of the season. If that card goes up in value then so be it. If it goes down in value then so be it. It is what it is. Members send the card to the commissioner who holds the cards and sends them together to the winner at the end of the game. Card value is based off Ebay averages. Then everyone knows in advance what the winner will get at the end of this.
So who pays shipping,commish or winner?
Old 06-17-2012, 06:15 PM   #9
addicted36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD View Post
So who pays shipping,commish or winner?
One package to the winner seems like $5 to me not a big deal but lets make the winner pay to receive his prize
Old 06-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #10
zonacats8

Quote:
Couple of things...

I mean, I realize why you're doing it that way, but that would be gambling on gambling really, you're gambling that you're going to win, and then gambling that you're going to get cards still available.

I don't think discussing getting a fantasy league together on here is any issue, if we decide to throw something on that later so be it.

I also don't view fantasy football as gambling either, never have, never will.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:18 PM   #11
iBLeeDBaTTLeReD

Quote:
One package to the winner seems like $5 to me not a big deal but lets make the winner pay to receive his prize
Never sent out more than 2 cards at a time so not familiar with shipping costs on that much stuff. $5 is no biggie thought it'd be like $10 or more.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #12
addicted36
Banned

Quote:
I mean, I realize why you're doing it that way, but that would be gambling on gambling really, you're gambling that you're going to win, and then gambling that you're going to get cards still available.

I don't think discussing getting a fantasy league together on here is any issue, if we decide to throw something on that later so be it.

I also don't view fantasy football as gambling either, never have, never will.
Not following you. If 10 people send one person a card today that is set aside to be sent to someone in December why wouldn't those cards be availible in December. Seems no different to me then us saying we all were to pay $25 to join a league. In that example your giving money to someone with the hopes of getting more later. In this your giving a card in hopes to get more cards later. What's the difference?
Old 06-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #13
mmkyszka

I'd love to join!! Can't run it though I will
Have to much going on with college soccer
Old 06-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #14
addicted36
Banned

Quote:
Never sent out more than 2 cards at a time so not familiar with shipping costs on that much stuff. $5 is no biggie thought it'd be like $10 or more.
I send cards out all the time:

sarahandalexladue | eBay

100 card sales ending today (free plug), if you send 10 cards to one person your not going to spend more then $10 to do that. You can get a flat rate envelop for $6, Delivery Confirmation and Insurance if you want, and you won't spend $10
Old 06-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #15
zonacats8

Quote:
Not following you. If 10 people send one person a card today that is set aside to be sent to someone in December why wouldn't those cards be availible in December. Seems no different to me then us saying we all were to pay $25 to join a league. In that example your giving money to someone with the hopes of getting more later. In this your giving a card in hopes to get more cards later. What's the difference?
yea, so i have no idea what I just typed there, maybe i was having a stroke, hahaha

meant to say that you're gambling on winning, and then gambling that the cards will still be worth what they were at the start of the season

which essentially would be like doing a cash league without the guarantee of actually getting all of the money if you end up winning it, something I doubt anyone would do if they knew that going in.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #16
drumstyx89

I would be down for this
drumstyx89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #17
addicted36
Banned

Quote:
yea, so i have no idea what I just typed there, maybe i was having a stroke, hahaha

meant to say that you're gambling on winning, and then gambling that the cards will still be worth what they were at the start of the season

which essentially would be like doing a cash league without the guarantee of actually getting all of the money if you end up winning it, something I doubt anyone would do if they knew that going in.
Again not following you. Each of us is giving an entry of $25 SV card that is worth that to join the league. Say for example my entry card is an Demaryius Thomas Auto (Denver WR). Today that could be sold for $25 but say he goes on to have a great season and that same card in December is worth $50, which is certainly possible. On the other hand say Thomas goes and blows out an ACL in preseason and by December that same card could be bought for $5. That's possible as well. Either scenario doesn't change the fact that in June that card was selling for $25 and was worth the price of admission. If the winner has terrible luck his prize will be a bunch of $5 cards at the end. The winner is out nothing. If on the other hand the winner has great luck he could end up with a bunch of $50 cards for winning. It could go either way. That's the luck of the draw.

And I think that adds an element of surprise to the game and will keep people interested in this throughout the year. The better the prize, the more participation. The value of the prize will fluctuate but that to me sounds interesting not a turn off. And Im not getting wondering why you think we are gambling on cards being worth the same at the end. Who cares? We are all taking the same risk/reward
Old 06-17-2012, 06:43 PM   #18
zonacats8

Quote:
Again not following you. Each of us is giving an entry of $25 SV card that is worth that to join the league. Say for example my entry card is an Demaryius Thomas Auto (Denver WR). Today that could be sold for $25 but say he goes on to have a great season and that same card in December is worth $50, which is certainly possible. On the other hand say Thomas goes and blows out an ACL in preseason and by December that same card could be bought for $5. That's possible as well. Either scenario doesn't change the fact that in June that card was selling for $25 and was worth the price of admission. If the winner has terrible luck his prize will be a bunch of $5 cards at the end. The winner is out nothing. If on the other hand the winner has great luck he could end up with a bunch of $50 cards for winning. It could go either way. That's the luck of the draw.

And I think that adds an element of surprise to the game and will keep people interested in this throughout the year. The better the prize, the more participation. The value of the prize will fluctuate but that to me sounds interesting not a turn off. And Im not getting wondering why you think we are gambling on cards being worth the same at the end. Who cares? We are all taking the same risk/reward
I fully understand that, my point is why would you go through the whole season of keeping up with your team, making changes, and trying to win if you don't know what you're winning value wise, which is why cash is just easy, you know you put in $X and you know you have a chance to win $X $Y $Z
Old 06-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #19
mustangjj909

I'm down to participate in this. Who are you planning to use ESPN format and I suggest that when you have all 10 people ready. You have all 10 of the people put up a scan of the card that they are going to put so everybody sees what it is and agrees on the card so there is no issues at the end before we start everything and you or who ever is commissioner has to make sure that all cards are in good condition because these were the issues that I went thru when I won my league last year.

Dallas Cowboys fan Good or Bad!
mustangjj909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #20
tolrobb

I've been running a league for the past 3 years that probably isn't going to happen this year. I'd love to run another one. I like the $25 card sv idea, but I wouldn't want it to be winner take all and I GREATLY prefer a 12 team league. 10 team leagues end up with stacked teams imo.

Maybe something like the winner gets their choice of 6 of the 12 cards, 2nd places gets next 3, and 3rd place gets whatever is left?

i've ran leagues on ESPN and Yahoo so I'd be good with either. Standard scoring, non-PPR w/ team D. anyone be interested in that?
Old 06-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #21
addicted36
Banned

Quote:
I fully understand that, my point is why would you go through the whole season of keeping up with your team, making changes, and trying to win if you don't know what you're winning value wise, which is why cash is just easy, you know you put in $X and you know you have a chance to win $X $Y $Z
Thats the choice each of us has to make. Myself I would rather lose a $25 card then $25 today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangjj909 View Post
I'm down to participate in this. Who are you planning to use ESPN format and I suggest that when you have all 10 people ready. You have all 10 of the people put up a scan of the card that they are going to put so everybody sees what it is and agrees on the card so there is no issues at the end before we start everything and you or who ever is commissioner has to make sure that all cards are in good condition because these were the issues that I went thru when I won my league last year.
Pretty much agree with this. Only thing I want to add to this is when the 10 members are known each of us states the card they are offering then send them to the commissioner. The commissioner scans the cards so everyone knows and sees what the prize pool is. Then we agree to a draft time, do a live draft, and play
Old 06-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #22
addicted36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolrobb View Post
I've been running a league for the past 3 years that probably isn't going to happen this year. I'd love to run another one. I like the $25 card sv idea, but I wouldn't want it to be winner take all and I GREATLY prefer a 12 team league. 10 team leagues end up with stacked teams imo.

Maybe something like the winner gets their choice of 6 of the 12 cards, 2nd places gets next 3, and 3rd place gets whatever is left?

i've ran leagues on ESPN and Yahoo so I'd be good with either. Standard scoring, non-PPR w/ team D. anyone be interested in that?
Ok unless someone objects we have a commissioner. Thank you for volunteering. I'm fine with a card split like this (first card 6 picks to first place, next 3 to second place, remaining 3 to third place) and the league size idea.

Please sign myself up for it and also yankeesfan24 as he and I have been talking and he really wants in and will be away next week.

Als can you review the other suggestions I've made here and see if everything is agreeable to you and suggest any other changes that should be made? Also review the thread and people who want in this so we know how close we are to filling our league?
Old 06-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #23
Bigbadbloom

I am totally down to participate in this league! I love a good gamble!
Old 06-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #24
tolrobb

Quote:
If the winner gets 6 cards, even if they are all in magnetics, it won't come anywhere near $10. $5-6 sounds about right with delivery confirmation.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:40 PM   #25
tolrobb

Quote:
Ok unless someone objects we have a commissioner. Thank you for volunteering. I'm fine with a card split like this (first card 6 picks to first place, next 3 to second place, remaining 3 to third place) and the league size idea.

Please sign myself up for it and also yankeesfan24 as he and I have been talking and he really wants in and will be away next week.

Als can you review the other suggestions I've made here and see if everything is agreeable to you and suggest any other changes that should be made? Also review the thread and people who want in this so we know how close we are to filling our league?
I agree with everything you've stated so far. I would like to discuss the "scoring" though one we have the 12 participants. I want to make sure everyone knows how it's gonna go. I've heard a few "I thought i was gonna get points for --------" after the season has already started and it's too late to change it.

I also think something like a 20-itrader minimum for league participants should be implemented.

Can you update the OP with the names of people who are in?