Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 07-20-2017, 03:05 PM   #5576
glen87

sent another correction notice in for this one

2017 Rittenhouse Game of Thrones Valyrian Steel - [Base] - Foil #34

again, i made a note all "Valyrian Steel" cards should be changed to "season 6," no just the one i am reporting

other cards: https://www.flickr.com/photos/glen87/albums
glen87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:42 PM   #5577
Swipe79

Still zero response from COMC. I even sent them a tweet earlier today.

I'm surprised I haven't even gotten a response saying they would look into it.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:59 PM   #5578
JustMoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
Still zero response from COMC. I even sent them a tweet earlier today.

I'm surprised I haven't even gotten a response saying they would look into it.
Did your tweet include pics from a "COMC mailday" or some other bit of praise for them? That seems to be all that they reply to...
Old 07-20-2017, 11:41 PM   #5579
Swipe79

Nah...it was more like...why isn't anyone responding to my e-mails about trimmed cards.

Seriously, if they feel these are trimmed, they need to refund my original purchase price when I bought them without a trimmed tag this past spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMoe View Post
Did your tweet include pics from a "COMC mailday" or some other bit of praise for them? That seems to be all that they reply to...
Old 07-21-2017, 12:28 AM   #5580
JustMoe

Quote:
Nah...it was more like...why isn't anyone responding to my e-mails about trimmed cards.

Seriously, if they feel these are trimmed, they need to refund my original purchase price when I bought them without a trimmed tag this past spring.
They'll just tell you to email them with the details...
Old 07-21-2017, 06:10 AM   #5581
BBallCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallCT View Post
A group of Blowout COMC sellers created a petition to request this feature, please vote!
The poll closes tomorrow, friendly reminder to join and vote if you want a feature which captures acquisition prices for your submitted cards.

I'll contact those registered for next steps
Old 07-21-2017, 11:53 AM   #5582
Swipe79

Just got a response this morning - they refunded the original purchase price on the cards and apologized for not catching them as trimmed originally. That resolves it on my end.

Quote:

Old 07-22-2017, 02:47 PM   #5583
glen87

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen87 View Post
sent another correction notice in for this one

2017 Rittenhouse Game of Thrones Valyrian Steel - [Base] - Foil #34

again, i made a note all "Valyrian Steel" cards should be changed to "season 6," no just the one i am reporting
so, for the third time.

the card i reported as

"2017 Rittenhouse Game of Thrones Valyrian Steel - [Base] - Foil #34"

is now

"2017 Rittenhouse Game of Thrones Season 6 - [Base] - Foil #34"

however the rest are still labeled

"2017 Rittenhouse Game of Thrones Valyrian Steel - [Base] - Foil #"

again - each of the three times i have reported it, i have specifically said all cards, not just the one i am reporting

other cards: https://www.flickr.com/photos/glen87/albums
glen87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:11 PM   #5584
WillC

What would you do (i.e. who would you contact?) in this situation:

Missing COMC mailbox submission

I use COMC mailbox for all my eBay purchases. I bought a Karl Malone card a month or so ago. According to the tracking number supplied by the seller, COMC should have received the card on 6th July. However, I have yet to receive an e-mail from COMC to say that my mailbox submission has arrived. I've received notification of other mailbox arrivals that were received after this date.

It has now been 18 days since it arrived, and COMC usually send out a photo of the card that they receive within a day or two. So I'm worried it's been lost in the shuffle.

Anyone had this problem before?

Do you have any rare Chronology autos or inscriptions? If so, PM me.
WillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:18 PM   #5585
Swipe79

First step is to call or e-mail COMC...then stay on top of it until it's taken care of.

Sometimes people forget to put user names on packages to the mailbox service and it sits there until someone contacts them.

One other thing to check is to search for your exact card (if it's numbered or rare) and see if someone accidentally ended up with it in their account and is accidentally being dishonest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
What would you do (i.e. who would you contact?) in this situation:

Missing COMC mailbox submission

I use COMC mailbox for all my eBay purchases. I bought a Karl Malone card a month or so ago. According to the tracking number supplied by the seller, COMC should have received the card on 6th July. However, I have yet to receive an e-mail from COMC to say that my mailbox submission has arrived. I've received notification of other mailbox arrivals that were received after this date.

It has now been 18 days since it arrived, and COMC usually send out a photo of the card that they receive within a day or two. So I'm worried it's been lost in the shuffle.

Anyone had this problem before?
Old 07-24-2017, 04:08 PM   #5586
WillC

Thanks for the tips/suggestions. I sent COMC an e-mail a day or two ago, but yet to hear back from them. It's not easy to call them as I'm in the UK. I will e-mail them again if I don't hear from them. No sign of the card being given to anyone else, even when I search sold items.

By the way, great to see you're from Coeur d'Alene. I drove through Idaho last year while on a US road trip and stayed in Wallace. Such a beautiful part of the world.

Old 07-24-2017, 04:38 PM   #5587
Swipe79

I think their response time is really slow right now - took almost a week before I heard back on my issue last week. Hopefully it gets figured out.

North Idaho is a beautiful place and Wallace has a lot of fun history behind it. I visit up there quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
Thanks for the tips/suggestions. I sent COMC an e-mail a day or two ago, but yet to hear back from them. It's not easy to call them as I'm in the UK. I will e-mail them again if I don't hear from them. No sign of the card being given to anyone else, even when I search sold items.

By the way, great to see you're from Coeur d'Alene. I drove through Idaho last year while on a US road trip and stayed in Wallace. Such a beautiful part of the world.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:03 AM   #5588
WillC

I wanted to share an update from COMC (see my problem 4 posts above).

Here is an e-mail I received from Chris at COMC:

Quote:
Hello Will,

Thank you for contacting us! On occasion, sellers neglect to include identifying username information on or in a package, or sometimes the username is illegible, leaving us no way to determine the account to which it belongs. With your help, I've located your submission among our orphaned packages and have passed it on to the appropriate department for processing into your account, which will take a maximum of two weeks.

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Regards,

Chris
COMC
The card was processed into my account within a couple of hours of receiving the e-mail!

Meanwhile, my wife was saddened to learn that COMC has "orphaned cards"

Old 08-24-2017, 08:58 AM   #5589
SteveO21

This question may have already been answered somewhere in the 224 pages here, but I'm going to save myself some time and ask anyway...

If a card is listed on ebay under the comc_consignment seller account, why doesn't that card show up on COMC when I search for it? I have store credit on COMC that I would like to use to purchase this card and have it shipped with some other items but I can't find the damn thing on COMC, even when searching for the exact title that is listed on ebay (among other searches including player name, set name, etc.)
SteveO21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:22 AM   #5590
Branesergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO21 View Post
This question may have already been answered somewhere in the 224 pages here, but I'm going to save myself some time and ask anyway...

If a card is listed on ebay under the comc_consignment seller account, why doesn't that card show up on COMC when I search for it? I have store credit on COMC that I would like to use to purchase this card and have it shipped with some other items but I can't find the damn thing on COMC, even when searching for the exact title that is listed on ebay (among other searches including player name, set name, etc.)
It should show up. Only thing I can think of is it sold and ebay hasn't updated yet.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:41 AM   #5591
mjohnatgt

That's what I was thinking too. Click the "show sold out" cards to see if you can find it that way. Or use less keywords in the search.
mjohnatgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 03:01 PM   #5592
SteveO21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnatgt View Post
That's what I was thinking too. Click the "show sold out" cards to see if you can find it that way. Or use less keywords in the search.
That worked. Damn it! At least now I know I can take it off my watch list on ebay.

EDIT:

I was wrong. The one that shows up when I filter to show "only sold out" is a different serial number. The mystery continues...

Last edited by SteveO21; 08-24-2017 at 03:29 PM.
SteveO21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:22 PM   #5593
checkoutmydeals

Hi! If anyone at COMC is monitoring this thread, could you please add the 2017 Class of Pro Football Hall of Fame inductees to the "Hall of Fame" filter?

Morten Andersen
Terrell Davis
Kenny Easley
Jerry Jones
Jason Taylor
LaDainian Tomlinson
Kurt Warner

Thanks!
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:58 PM   #5594
mjohnatgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO21 View Post
I was wrong. The one that shows up when I filter to show "only sold out" is a different serial number. The mystery continues...
That just means there were multiple on COMC and they're all sold out. They only show the back of one instance of the card, not all sold out cards individually.
mjohnatgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:51 PM   #5595
checkoutmydeals

Hi! If anyone at COMC is monitoring this thread, thanks for adding the Pro Football Hall of Famers to the COMC filter.

Could you please add the 2017 Class of Hockey Hall of Fame inductees to the "Hall of Fame" filter?

Teemu Selanne
Dave Andreychuk
Mark Recchi
Paul Kariya
Danielle Goyette
Jeremy Jacobs
Clare Drake

Thanks!
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:57 PM   #5596
mjohnatgt

You can submit these directly on COMC by clicking on a card of each player, and clicking "Report Error" and then put [Hall of Fame] in the text box.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:03 PM   #5597
Superduperman99

I recently sent in a bulk batch of about 105 cards to COMC. 19 came back with "damage" although they were perfectly fine when I sent them out. Is it worth paying for the select processing to reprocess them, or should I just have them sent back to me?
Superduperman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:16 PM   #5598
Swipe79

It depends on the card. If it's going to sell for $4-5 or more then it might be worth it.

If you have them sent back, go over them again and if they appear to be fine resubmit with your next batch...it's surprising how often they make it through a second time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superduperman99 View Post
I recently sent in a bulk batch of about 105 cards to COMC. 19 came back with "damage" although they were perfectly fine when I sent them out. Is it worth paying for the select processing to reprocess them, or should I just have them sent back to me?
Old 09-17-2017, 01:18 PM   #5599
Superduperman99

Quote:
It depends on the card. If it's going to sell for $4-5 or more then it might be worth it.

If you have them sent back, go over them again and if they appear to be fine resubmit with your next batch...it's surprising how often they make it through a second time.

Thanks for the help!
Superduperman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:45 PM   #5600
dlcarst

I just sent in ~1000 cards. I had about 100 that they said were damaged, with those photos. I admit I didn't closely inspect every single card I sent (who would?), I do know for sure that many were not damaged, because I did closely inspect some that were rejected. They were all sleeved and I packed them securely. When I saw those photos of my cards spread randomly all over a table, I figured if they'll be that careless taking the photos, they're probably that careless unpacking, inspecting, and sorting. Checking other threads on here, I see I'm not alone. I won't send cards there any more.