Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Hobby Shop Locator

Notices

Hobby Shop Locator Find a local Hobby Shop

Old 09-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #26
crazycards1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyeforlife View Post
how much money do you owe him
Why would I owe him money? I'm not a sucker who breaks boxes and lets someone sell my cards who has no vested interest in how much they sell for. That makes no sense and has nothing to do with my opinion on the store.
crazycards1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:39 AM   #27
buckeyeforlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycards1981 View Post
Why would I owe him money? I'm not a sucker who breaks boxes and lets someone sell my cards who has no vested interest in how much they sell for. That makes no sense and has nothing to do with my opinion on the store.
I didn't say anything about someone selling cards, whats that have to do with anything? no vested interest?...I have no clue what your referring to, just asked if you owed money since your ragging on the store with no public reasons to back it up. Its pretty easy to pound people with a keyboard.
buckeyeforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #28
Brobocop

The store owner does sell cards for some of the patrons, like myself. Me personally, I appreciate this since it can be a headache and it helps fund future purchases. Plus why would he not have a vested interest in how much it goes for? If it goes for higher, then he gets to move more product. I can't tell you how many times he's had to talk me out of listing a card auction style over putting it on Buy it Now. I always want to go for auctions and he talks me out of it, and it's worked out in my favor every time.

In the end, how does this make me a sucker? It just works better for me and it's a service that I appreciate.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #29
blowe12
Banned

Quote:
Sure is a LOT of quality information coming from a guy with 100 posts and 0 itrader. I would ignore his opinion entirely guys.
blowe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #30
crazycards1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowe12 View Post
Sure is a LOT of quality information coming from a guy with 100 posts and 0 itrader. I would ignore his opinion entirely guys.
Sigh.......

Last edited by crazycards1981; 10-03-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #31
Brobocop

Quote:
Sigh.......
Don't know why you are sighing, you kind of started this. You called a respected and great store owner a crook without providing any support. I gave you a chance to private message me with your reason and you chose not to. Here is what Rich, the store owner has done for me in just over a year's time:

-Offered me to trade some of my old cards for Beckett prices to him for wax
-Offered to sell any unwanted cards on eBay for me to then use the proceeds in his store as store credit (I have neither the time or patience to list tons of cards so to me this is a God send of a deal)
-Extended me credit to open new hot products (This is how I was able to open my first National Treasures Basketball box and The Cup Hockey box)
-Gotten me special orders such as Marvel's The Avengers, Big Bang Theory, and Game of Thrones, products he would have not otherwise carried
-And lastly had a nice Christmas party in his store where he offered more food than you could ever want and gave away tons of free prizes like a Cam Newton autographed helmet and various wax boxes

So this is why when you say he is a crook it bothers me. Rich has done right by me and countless other customers of his. I know this because every time I stop in there is always someone there busting wax cases at a time. In this area, he is one of the few stand up card stores that I've been in. Hence why I make the hour drive a few times every month.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #32
jataman2612

Quote:
Originally Posted by theautographkid View Post
Grand Slam Sports in Bainebridge. It's like a 25 min drive for you
definitely agree. has very reasonable wax prices. i'm glad its not too close to where I live or I would be there all the time.

Also possibly interested in current Indians (Not crazy about current card designs though)
jataman2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:52 PM   #33
Frankp2311

Quote:
Originally Posted by jataman2612 View Post
definitely agree. has very reasonable wax prices. i'm glad its not too close to where I live or I would be there all the time.
I think Grandslam has the best prices hands down of all the shops in the area. And the largest quantity of new products. He gets like 10 cases of each release.
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #34
jataman2612

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
I think Grandslam has the best prices hands down of all the shops in the area. And the largest quantity of new products. He gets like 10 cases of each release.
Agree. for example: he's selling boxes of Prime for $87 and I think Prominence might be the same price. I am looking forward to Certified next week. Hopefully get a box or 2.

Also possibly interested in current Indians (Not crazy about current card designs though)
jataman2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #35
crazycards1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
Don't know why you are sighing, you kind of started this. You called a respected and great store owner a crook without providing any support. I gave you a chance to private message me with your reason and you chose not to. Here is what Rich, the store owner has done for me in just over a year's time:

-Offered me to trade some of my old cards for Beckett prices to him for wax
-Offered to sell any unwanted cards on eBay for me to then use the proceeds in his store as store credit (I have neither the time or patience to list tons of cards so to me this is a God send of a deal)
-Extended me credit to open new hot products (This is how I was able to open my first National Treasures Basketball box and The Cup Hockey box)
-Gotten me special orders such as Marvel's The Avengers, Big Bang Theory, and Game of Thrones, products he would have not otherwise carried
-And lastly had a nice Christmas party in his store where he offered more food than you could ever want and gave away tons of free prizes like a Cam Newton autographed helmet and various wax boxes

So this is why when you say he is a crook it bothers me. Rich has done right by me and countless other customers of his. I know this because every time I stop in there is always someone there busting wax cases at a time. In this area, he is one of the few stand up card stores that I've been in. Hence why I make the hour drive a few times every month.
I see your LCS is selling Leaf Wrestling hot boxes on Ebay. If he is so great why not let customers have them randomly at regular price??? Im sure he was digging through the cases to get them all.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #36
Brobocop

Quote:
I see your LCS is selling Leaf Wrestling hot boxes on Ebay. If he is so great why not let customers have them randomly at regular price??? Im sure he was digging through the cases to get them all.
This guy ladies and gentlemen, is a jerk. Comes on here once again and claims things without ANY proof to back him up. What a piece of work.

For the record, the hot box he is selling is MY hot box. I picked a number 1-12 and ended up picking that box with four others that I opened. After seeing some of the tough breaks on hot boxes compared to how well they were selling on eBay I'd rather open up two more regular boxes and offset that with selling the hot box.

Last edited by Brobocop; 11-03-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #37
smgcards

We do a Tuesday night card show in Twinsburg at the Comfort Suites. There's one next Tuesday Nov 13th. there are singles and wax there with dealers buying, selling & trading.
smgcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #38
buckiphan13

Dream Chaser Sports Cards
874 E Aurora Road
Macedonia, OH 44056-1904

Great guy and good deals!
buckiphan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #39
Frankp2311

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckiphan13 View Post
Dream Chaser Sports Cards
874 E Aurora Road
Macedonia, OH 44056-1904

Great guy and good deals!
What are the store hours here? Drove by today on my way home from work and the place looked like a condemned boarded up building. I would have turned around to take a better look but traffic on that road at 5:00 is brutal.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #40
Frankp2311

Passed a store I have never seen before in Cuyahoga Falls. Cant remember the name but for those familiar with the area it is on Portage Trail across from IHM church. Sells games, non sport cards, and sports cards. I assume it is somewhat new because I would have seen it before. Anyone been to this one?
Old 05-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #41
Brobocop

Is this it?

Store Details | Cryptozoic Entertainment
Old 05-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #42
Frankp2311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
yep. looks like they have been there since summer of 2011. Pass it every day and never noticed. Looks like mostly non sports and gaming but the sign did say sports cards as well.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #43
Brobocop

I checked it out once. Only thing they had was Magic, Yu Gi Oh, and other stuff like that. It was mainly set up for gaming, lots of tables and stuff.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #44
Gibberish

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowe12 View Post

You seriously think someone's itrader or post count matter to an opinion ?
You aren't too bright.
Be sure to reassure people how honest you are by quoting your itrader,post count and feebay feedback :0
hehe so toolish
Old 06-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #45
Brobocop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
You seriously think someone's itrader or post count matter to an opinion ?
You aren't too bright.
Be sure to reassure people how honest you are by quoting your itrader,post count and feebay feedback :0
hehe so toolish
I think his point was that a member came in to this conversation calling a LCS owner a crook. When given multiple chances to explain their reasoning, said member declined to give any information into why they called the store owner a crook. This member to this day has not backed up what they had to say. I think that when you call someone out you should have a bit of evidence to present to back that claim up, otherwise you look foolish.
Old 08-18-2020, 07:33 PM   #46
Frankp2311

Anyone in the Akron area ever been to Triple Play Vintage in Cuyahoga Falls? I don't even know how long this store has been around but found it when searching for any new shops in the area. They seem to have a very strong following on social media and are highly spoken of but just curious if anyone here has any feedback. Finding it was weird because it is literally less than a mile from another well established shop. It's like the 1980's all over again here in NE Ohio. High prices and shops all over the damn place.
Old 08-25-2020, 05:09 PM   #47
OscarOne

Weird, off-topic question...but since we are talking about NE Ohio.

Does anyone remember Old Coin and Card in Mentor, Oh? It was run by a guy named Paul. I cannot remember his last name--and I would like to. Does anyone happen to know?
OscarOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 07:32 PM   #48
AwesomeBrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
Anyone in the Akron area ever been to Triple Play Vintage in Cuyahoga Falls? I don't even know how long this store has been around but found it when searching for any new shops in the area. They seem to have a very strong following on social media and are highly spoken of but just curious if anyone here has any feedback. Finding it was weird because it is literally less than a mile from another well established shop. It's like the 1980's all over again here in NE Ohio. High prices and shops all over the damn place.

Went there about a month ago, good new wax selection and prices were just below online so I spent some money there. Everything I've heard is positive and I will go back
AwesomeBrian is offline   Reply With Quote