Blowout Cards Forums
April Showers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Join New Group Breaks Here

Notices

Join New Group Breaks Here Hosts post new group breaks here. Participants post here to reserve a spot.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:26 PM   #1
kajshack

Default 2010 Panini Americana I Century Collection Hit Break

This looked like a unique product, so I figured I'd try it out and see if it flies.

Release Date: Jan 05 2011

Configuration: 15 boxes per case. 1 pack per box. 5 cards per pack.

BOX BREAK
Five cards per pack/box featuring:
- Two autograph cards
- Two material cards
- One other autograph or material card

CASE BREAK
Three or more of the following: Astronaut Signature, Souvenir Cuts, Souvenir Stamp Cuts, Joe Jackson material card, Jim Thorpe material card or signatures of Pete Rose, Cal Ripken, George Brett, Nolan Ryan, Stan Musial

HIGHLIGHTS
- Look for Autographs featuring: George Brett, Alan Bean, Pete Rose, Stan Musial, Charles Duke, Cal Ripken, Nolan Ryan, Scott Carpenter, Ryne Sandberg, Edgar Mitchell, Mike Schmidt, Ron Turcotte, Reggie Jackson, Duke Snider & Walt Cunningham
- Look for Souvenir Stamp Cuts featuring: Babe Ruth, Jimmie Foxx, Rogers Hornsby, Dizzy Dean, Honus Wagner, Ty Cobb, Joe DiMaggio, Lefty Grove and Johnny Mize
- Also look for Souvenir Cuts featuring:Alan Shepard, Ben Hogan, Dizzy Dean, Eddie Arcaro, Gerald Ford, Gus Grissom, HonusWagner, Jackie Robinson, Jimmy Stewart, Lou Gehrig, Satchel Paige, Ted Williams, Ty Cobb and Walter Johnson
- Sports Materials featuring: Paul "Bear" Bryant, Knute Rockne,Joe Jackson, Jim Thorpe & Sam Snead
- Hollywood Materials featuring: Marilyn Monroe,James Dean, John Wayne, Charlie Chaplin,

Also Look For...
Alfred Hitchcock, Bob Hope, Katherine Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart, Gary Cooper, Frank Sinatra, Jimmy Stewart, Audrey Hepburn, Clark Gable, Judy Garland and Cary Grant And More...

So it's 5 hits per box (pack), and 15 boxes per case, for a total of 75 hits. No base in this product, so it will be 75 total slots. $2,269.95/75 = $30.27. Add $2.25 for shipping/supplies. Paypal fees on $32.50 = $1.24, so we'll call it $33.75 for the first slot and $32 each additional slot. I live in a four to five day shipping zone, so we won't be breaking this on the release date unless everyone wants to add an extra buck for next-day shipping.

Looking forward to getting this going. Hopefully there is enough interest and we get to see some sweet, out of the ordinary hits.

In:
1. mmbtvs ($97.75)
2. mmbtvs
3. mmbtvs
4. Bum Dawg ($97.75)
5. Bum Dawg
6. Bum Dawg
7. bubbyande ($33.75)
8. nick9819 ($97.75)
9. nick9819
10. nick9819

Last edited by kajshack; 01-03-2011 at 01:43 PM.
kajshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:29 PM   #2
iluvfish2

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Approved, good luck
Old 12-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #3
mmbtvs
unregistered

I'll go ahead and grab 3 slots, and I have no problem adding $ for next day shipping.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:51 PM   #4
kajshack

Forgot to mention in the original post, but the list will be randomed by a mod after all the payments are received to determine the hit order.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:56 PM   #5
Bum Dawg

Put me down for 10 slots...looks like a fun break!
Bum Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:15 AM   #6
kajshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bum Dawg View Post
Put me down for 10 slots...looks like a fun break!
Would you mind if I limited you to 3 slots since it appears to be your first break on here? No offense intended at all, but I've seen some gnarly sh!t go down when new members join group breaks, and I've got to cover my arse.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:24 AM   #7
Bum Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajshack View Post
Would you mind if I limited you to 3 slots since it appears to be your first break on here? No offense intended at all, but I've seen some gnarly sh!t go down when new members join group breaks, and I've got to cover my arse.
Thats fine...its your break. No offense taken...gotta earn trust.

Steve
Bum Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:49 PM   #8
Belldandy

Quote:
Forgot to mention in the original post, but the list will be randomed by a mod after all the payments are received to determine the hit order.
what does this mean? when its randomized, the person in the top spot gets to pick which one they want then next person gets what they want & so on and so forth? Sorry like i said ive never done a group break before.
Belldandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:15 PM   #9
kajshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belldandy View Post
when would the money to get in be due? i dont get paid till the end of january unfortunately. >_< id just want one slot though.

ive never been involved in a group break before and it sounds fun! i checked out the flyer and the cards look really nice! i hope we can get this going.
Quote:
what does this mean? when its randomized, the person in the top spot gets to pick which one they want then next person gets what they want & so on and so forth? Sorry like i said ive never done a group break before.
Payment would be due when the break is full. Hopefully that is before the release date next week, but at this rate it doesn't look like that will happen.

As far as the randoming goes, what will happen once the break is full is that a moderator will randomize the list of participants. The first name on the randomed list will get the first hit that is pulled, the second name will get the second hit, etc. What you're describing is a draft, and that is not what I'm doing here.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:36 PM   #10
Belldandy

Quote:
As far as the randoming goes, what will happen once the break is full is that a moderator will randomize the list of participants. The first name on the randomed list will get the first hit that is pulled, the second name will get the second hit, etc. What you're describing is a draft, and that is not what I'm doing here.
OH i see. i read that on another person's break and thought thats what you were doing here also (glad i made sure).

Quote:
Payment would be due when the break is full. Hopefully that is before the release date next week, but at this rate it doesn't look like that will happen.
you dont think youll have to scrap the break, do you?
Old 12-30-2010, 05:46 PM   #11
bubbyande

Quote:
OH i see. i read that on another person's break and thought thats what you were doing here also (glad i made sure).

you dont think youll have to scrap the break, do you?
I hate to see this happen. Put me down for the last slot. I don't mind paying $1 for the faster shipping.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:42 AM   #12
kajshack

I'll put you down for three for now, and we'll see how it goes.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:18 PM   #13
kajshack

Anybody else want in on this break today?
Old 12-30-2010, 03:44 PM   #14
Belldandy

when would the money to get in be due? i dont get paid till the end of january unfortunately. >_< id just want one slot though.

ive never been involved in a group break before and it sounds fun! i checked out the flyer and the cards look really nice! i hope we can get this going.

Last edited by Belldandy; 12-30-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:38 PM   #15
kajshack

Added your slot bubbyande. Anyone else want in on this?

Peep some of the astronaut cards here:
Yfrog Photo : yfrog.com/h3r61lej - Shared by paniniamerica

And some of the entertainment/memorabilia cards here:
Yfrog Photo : yfrog.com/h7wm0tj - Shared by paniniamerica

Not to mention the sports-related hits like Nolan, Shoeless Joe, Charlie Hustle, Ryno, Cal, Mike Schmidt, and Mr. October. This product is off the hook.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:53 PM   #16
kajshack

More images:

The Drool Gallery: 2010 Panini Century Collection (Part 1 of 2) The Official Panini America Blog
Old 01-01-2011, 09:39 PM   #17
kajshack

Looks like this one is fading out. Any interest before I request it to be closed?
Old 01-02-2011, 07:54 PM   #18
Belldandy

looks like i couldnt play after all. My mothers car broke down and now my money's tied for a couple months at least. Sorry you couldnt get it going.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #19
nick9819

i would take 3 slots
nick9819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:42 PM   #20
kajshack

If we could find 5 people willing to split 5 ways, we could do it for about $470/slot and then have a draft for the hits. Everyone would get 15 hits. Or, we could get 15 people and do the same thing, it would cost about $162/slot, and everyone would get 5 hits. Might be easier to fill it that way.

Last edited by kajshack; 01-03-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:21 PM   #21
nick9819

the only thing with the 15 person break is you might as well just buy a box you run the same chance of getting the case hit
nick9819 is offline   Reply With Quote